Gave Up Masturbation for Lent

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by shazam120, Feb 21, 2008.

1. shazam120

shazam120 New Member

So I decided to try and give up masturbating for the next 40 days (err it was 40 days when I started). Right now I am almost two weeks into it, and I am going CRAZY. I don't think I'll make it all the way...

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Well, I wish you the best of luck. I know I've gone more than a month without masturbating, but I don't really masturbate that much anyway. Usually I just wait to have sex whenever I feel horny.

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Yeah - giving up masturbating when you have a relationship is one thing... giving it up when it's all you got? :whoa Whole 'nuther ball game! :lol

So..... is masturbation your only "release"?

4. mr.guru

mr.guru New Member

good luck seriously maybe youll do better than me i can barely last a week

5. ManiacMike

ManiacMike New Member

There have been times in which I had to give up masturbating for a week. It was awful! After 40 days without masturbating, you'll probably want to do it for 40 hours straight.

6. shazam120

shazam120 New Member

Yeah it is, its not like I gave up jerking off but am getting blowjobs instead or anything

7. neverenough

neverenough New Member

A couple observations:

1) You were crazy to attempt such an impossible feat to begin with,

and

2) Uhm, if you're Catholic, you shouldn't be masturbating, anyway, right? :)

8. redorn

redorn New Member

I tend to do the same thing occasionally (it used to be for lent too actually, now I just do it occasionally for the educational value).

It did tend to be quite interesting the odd effects it would have on me, like being more interested in seeing girls for something other than just boobs and an arse.

So it definitely can be done, even by a 16 year old like I was the first time I tried it!

Good luck and try and stick with it to the end, it'll be worth it if only for the stupid amount of masterbation you'll do the day after it finishes ;-)

9. Caroline87

Caroline87 New Member

Is it really that difficult to go without? I've never had to pleasure myself before and it doesn't bother me.. Maybe because I never did it, I don't feel the need to do it reguraly but still I don't see how it could be that difficult. Maybe it's different for yall men though, i don't know, I've just never gotten into it so I don't really see the big deal. o_O

10. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Yeah, that's what I was wondering earlier. The OP hasn't indicated his or her sex, but I'm assuming it's male. Do you think men find it more difficult to stop masturbating than women do? Or is it about equal? When I didn't have a partner I remember masturbating almost everyday, but now I almost never do it.

11. sex_addict

sex_addict New Member

I think 7 days is the longest I've gone. I couldn't nd wouldn't want to go for 40 days.

12. Caroline87

Caroline87 New Member

Guess I'm just weird Lol.. Even when I was single and not having sex I was not masturbating at all.
    I figured alot of women didn't masturbate reguraly but I guess I was wrong. Maybe I'll try it someday but I doubt I could ever really get into it.

13. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Well I want to know how Shazam is doing.

When I was a kid I tried to quit for lent. I never made it. So I'd adjust to not more than once per week; then twice per week. :lol

I quit cold turkey when I got married, just wasn't interested if I could have couple sex. When she started cutting me off after about 5 years I started jerking off every few months, then more often when she cut me off completely.

In my second marriage I only did it a couple times during the 3.5 years we were together, both times when we were apart for a few days/week.

Now I do it a couple times per month while my wife is having her period, sometimes when she's not, since we basically only have sex on weekends lately. It's not something I feel like I've just gotta do or bust; it's just kind of nice once in awhile.

14. shazam120

shazam120 New Member

yeah im a guy, and yeah it is definitely a lot harder for guys (at least i would bet it is...i dont know for sure of course :)

i dont think im gonna make it much longer... its been what? 15 days?

15. Caroline87

Caroline87 New Member

Lol I've gone over 20 years without it :p

16. neverenough

neverenough New Member

I'm a guy, and I think the longest I've ever gone is about 2 weeks... can't see ever doing that again! Guys definitely seem to require a regular orgasm more so than women and so would have a harder time stopping. I know plenty of women do very infrequently or never do... I don't go around asking, but I've never heard of a guy who doesn't regularly, even when in a relationship.

17. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

You're 20 years old.... and you've gone over 20 years without it?

I'm sorry.... but I'm curious.....

18. Barbwire

Gold Member

Um, well, I must be an abnormal woman, then, because I had to stop for all of last week because I was sick and by Monday, I about rubbed my clit clean off I was at it so much! :lol

Oh, and for you folks that think masturbation is just a substitute for the real thing, and not something you need to do when you are getting sex with a partner, I couldn't disagree with you more, and neither can my very happy & satisfied husband. ;)

19. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

It's a little bit different for guys, CL. We're only good for so many orgasms in a given time, and that's it. When I was a teen and dating, I'd rub one out before my date so I wouldn't be so damned horny. At that age it never worked. A couple hours later and I'd be just as horny. (There's Something about Mary)

But when we (guys) hit 50 or so, once or twice a day usually suffices. Then it becomes a choice: alone or with partner. Easy choice.

20. Caroline87

Caroline87 New Member

Lol I was meaning I've never done it in my life. Of course the first 10+ years is a gimme but thought I'd just through them all in there. :D
    Since I'm nearly 21 that's where the 'over' came from.