Game of thrones

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by billytk1977, May 28, 2015.

1. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

Just read an interesting artical about the show,http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-season-5-ratings-2015-5 ,

But this quote is ridiculous to me,

It even prompted a senator to publicly announce she is no longer watching "Game of Thrones" due to the 'gratuitous' rape. The storyline has been one of many divergences that have upset fans over the course of the season.

So maybe it is just me, but here is the way i see it, it is a fairy tale land to start with but seems to be modeled after midevil europe, which women were property and not people. Not saying i agree, but it was how it was. Also, a story on screen will not follow the book, they must be viewed as two independent storys. Game of thrones, the legend of the seeker, cujo, under the dome. They either will not or can not make a movie or series like the original book.

Your thoughts?

2. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

Here's an article were the producer explains Sansa wedding night.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/17/game-thrones-sansa-ramsay-interview

I didn't have a issue with the scene I couldn't see her wedding night going any other way.

I am having a hard time remembering what happened in the books. I need to reread them.
    I try not to compare.
    This is one of the best shows I have ever watch.

#2 Sweetlysad, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    CLE32793 likes this.
  3. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

4. Ellsworth5

Verified Gold Member

I love the show, never read the books. For me, it is a bit too much Ramses lately. He'd be one I'd like to see die but I don't see that happening.

5. BigTitLover

Gold Member

The books are way way more graphic. I find it funny people lost their shit over this one scene, considering nothing is shown. Yet not a peep was made when Ramses tortured and cut extremities off Theon (including his manhood which was then mailed to Theons father) then mentally tortured him and turning him into Reek (guy in the show that was forced to watch Sana's wedding night)

In the books this doesn't happen to Sansa, but her handmaiden they are passing as Sansa. Reek(aka Theon) who is made to watch in the show, was made to perform acts on the handmaiden in the books. She is beaten, and sexually abused regularly by Ramses.

There is a quote from Martin

"I can describe an axe entering a human skull in great explicit detail and no one will blink twice at it. I provide a similar description, just as detailed, of a penis entering a vagina, and I get letters about it and people swearing off. To my mind this is kind of frustrating, it’s madness. Ultimately, in the history of [the] world, penises entering vaginas have given a lot of people a lot of pleasure; axes entering skulls, well, not so much.”

So far I think season 5 of the show is off track of the books, but they are streamlining the last 2 books. Fair bit is being rearranged, some outright rewritten, like the scene with Sansa. Mainly because the last books wont be out in time for season 6. If there will be a season 6 then if will be pure HBO writers, just like Walking Dead is on AMC is different from the comics.

CLE32793 likes this.
  6. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

I should hope season 6 won't be purely HBO writer. I won't watch.
    I want the show to at least follow the vision of the author.
    Tyrion my favorite character, I hope me makes it :)

7. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

to my understanding, seasons 6 and 7 are the two books he is yet to write, he will have a hand in them, but they will be able to be more liberial with the concept and not have to go with a written story line.