Gals, What makes a good dildo?

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by jgood4u, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jgood4u

jgood4u New Member

What characteristics make a good dildo from your own experience?
    • How thick in comparison to your live man?
    • Does it need a vibrator: battery or wall powered?
    • If Vibe: fixed speed or variable?
    • What texture along the side is best?
    • What kind/shape of tip should it have?
    • How hard or soft should it be?
    • straight or how much of a curve?
    • Does length matter?
    How do you use it on yourself - give detailed instructions of where you place it and how you move it, and what you do with your body to interact with it? :eek

Do you consider it a replacement penis, or just a different toy that feels good? :ugh

Inquiring minds want to know! :bow

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

[*] How thick in comparison to your live man?I don't usually put a vibe INSIDE of me, just use it on my clit, so size doesn't have anything to do with it. I do have a vibe with an attachment shaped like a penis that is used to stimulate the g-spot. It's only about 5" long and 5" thick.

My favorite dildo is 6" thick and 7" long, shaped like a dick and very realistic. Once in a while I will use it along with the vibe on my clit. My husband also likes to fuck me with it while I use the vibe of my clit.

[*] Does it need a vibrator: battery or wall powered?I have found that the battery powered vibes aren't stong enough to get the job done, unless I take forever, and then the batteries get weak. I much prefer my wand, which plugs into the wall.

[*] If Vibe: fixed speed or variable? Variable is a must.

[*] What texture along the side is best?Again, I don't always insert, so it doesn't matter. The wand attachment is smooth.

[*] What kind/shape of tip should it have? see above

[*] How hard or soft should it be? soft but not too soft

[*] straight or how much of a curve? The curve of the g-spot attachment points upwards. Me likey.

[*] Does length matter? No, because the g-spot is only a couple of inches in.

How do you use it on yourself - give detailed instructions of where you place it and how you move it, and what you do with your body to interact with it? If the attachment is off the wand, I just it directly on my clit. It the attachment is on, I insert it and grind against it. I always start off with it on slow and then crank it up right before I come.

Do you consider it a replacement penis, or just a different toy that feels good? It's better than the penis I have on hand, but doesn't rub my feet, so if I had to choose, I'd go with the penis.

3. dwj21

dwj21 New Member

geesh, not really what a guy wants to hear, i know you are being honest, but ugh......i guess its just your experience though, everyone is different

4. Bluesy

Gold Member

• How thick in comparison to your live man?
      Mine tapers from 4.5" to 5.5" in girth, but I didn't select it for the girth. In fact, I wish it were thinner (I ordered it online, and when it arrived I nearly went into shock! I said, "No way is that thing going to fit!" :lol)
    • Does it need a vibrator: battery or wall powered?
      Battery
    • If Vibe: fixed speed or variable?
      Very variable :) It has a dial that goes from barely humming to "jet plane engine".
    • What texture along the side is best?
      I've only ever used this one, and it has a "ringed" texture. I don't normally use it for penetration, however (it's so big!); it has a g-spot nub on the end, so I hold it like a wand and use it on my clit/labia/vaginal opening. My next one will be realistic.
    • What kind/shape of tip should it have?
      I think realistic would probably be best, but what do I know :shrug
    • How hard or soft should it be?
      Firm, yet bendy. It should simulate a real penis as closely as possible.
    • straight or how much of a curve?
      I've never seen one with a curve. Oh, wait, the top half of the rabbits have a very slight curve to them. There are vibes with hooked "g-spot nubs" on the end.
    • Does length matter?
      I don't think I'd want one too long.

You perv ;) :brow I rub it all around the vulva and slide the tip in and out of the vaginal opening, getting it nice and lubed-up, then I make little circles on my clit, moving it up and down the length of it depending on how sensitive I get, and whenever I get a bit over-stimulated, I pull it away and run it over my labia, then penetrate the vagina again, sometimes going a bit farther than just the opening. When I get closer to orgasm, I'll concentrate on using it on the vagina or the clit, because I get a different orgasm each way. Depends on what I'm in the mood for!

A different toy that feels good, especially since it isn't being used like a penis!

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Well, hon, I suppose I say a lot of things that guys don't want to hear. That's part of my charm. :lol

Seriously, I can't have orgasms without intense clitoral stimulation, and a penis, at least the one attached to my husband, doesn't do that for me.

6. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Ok...

"I rub it all around the vulva and slide the tip in and out of the vaginal opening, getting it nice and lubed-up," Ok, I'm doing more research here, continue...

"then I make little circles on my clit, moving it up and down the length of it depending on how sensitive I get," Uh, huh...and then *scribble*?

"and whenever I get a bit over-stimulated, I pull it away and run it over my labia,"
    Right...*pant*...*gasp* writing my notes here...and?

"then penetrate the vagina again, sometimes going a bit farther than just the opening."
    Uh huh...*guuhhhh*, right....*sweat*...then?

"When I get closer to orgasm, I'll concentrate on using it on the vagina or the clit, because I get a different orgasm each way. Depends on what I'm in the mood for!"

And...and...??? I haven't finished jer...taking my notes yet!!! Damn it woman! This is science!!!