FWB

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by redhotlobster, Jan 22, 2013.

1. There's probaby a million threads about this going on, but is it really a good idea?
    I've been proposed to the idea by a friend who doesn't want a relationship --- just sex. I've never had casual sex and told him this. He still wants to try this. I'm wicked nervous and told him I didn't think I wanted to do it, but he wants me to think it over.

So in one word: HELP!

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Only you can know the answer to that question. Many guys want that but so do a few girls.
    Personally done it and no regrets on either side but not always that outcome.

3. I'm just afraid that saying no will hurt our friendship, but I don't want to give sex to keep it either....just answered my own question. haha

4. OverSinged

Gold Member

Welp, are you capable of having sex without feelings? I'm about 90% sure most guys are able to do it, but I've no idea on women's capabilities for it.

Though, for the record, I did try it once, and somehow managed to piss her off and that cut off the friendship fast.

5. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I've had sex with a friend wound up having feelings and it ruined the friendship. It could work out for you. You just have to weigh the pros and cons. Would it be worth losing a friend if it turns bad?

6. OverSinged

Gold Member

Yeah, this be the bit that causes problems 95% of the time, methinks.

7. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

ditto..... things are still awkward.

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Yes you did answer your own question.
    If sex is in the equation of keeping a friendship going then he was not a true friend. Secondly if you don't feel compelled to do it with him in the first place then that ought to be the end of it.

9. RideNaked2

Gold Member

^^ I agree

10. I told him I don't want to do the FWB thing and he's fine with it.

11. Clintriprock

Gold Member

Once sex is involved it changes the dynamic of a friendship. Different emotions are involved and one of the partners (usually the female) becomes attatched if the sex has a good feel to it.

12. policescanner1

Gold Member

Either way someone will be hurt. I never want to see anyone hurt especial my friends. In our fantasies often mine we dream of casual sex with friends. But really the pain of becoming attached and breaking that relationship can really cause so many hard feelings. Guilt, Heart Break, Anger, Sadness, for one or the other. I know none of us can tell you what to really do but trust your heart to lead you to the right answer. :)

13. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Smart girl......and good on you for being honest with yourself.....:tup

Been on both sides of this fence and the answers you've gotten are right...
    Sometimes it can work well......other times it doesn't and friendships suffer as a result.:ugh

14. theunsurebbperson

theunsurebbperson New Member

Think it over and then do whatever your brain tells you to do.
    If it tells you that entering into a friends with benefits type relationship is what's best for the both of you then do it, however if it's telling you that it isn't what's best for the both of you then don't do it.

Please give me some feedback on my first post:)

15. MrAvg

MrAvg New Member

Do you find the guy attractive? It is sex but without emotion, harder for women than most men. The trick is not becoming attached emotionally to the guy. I also advise you make him wear a condom.

When I did it back in the 70s I had a great time and so did the 3 girls I was friends with. Two were older than me and one was not ready to get married. That became a issue later on when she started having feeling for me. I liked her and enjoyed the sex but I did not want a relationship. So that ended our FWB but we still stayed mostly friends.

Back then STD was not a issue as it is today. All were on birth control so it was perfect for everyone. Then I met this nice young lady that I really liked, my now wife. After a couple weeks of dating her I ended all FWB relationships. I still have fond memories of those FWB hook ups.