Fuck! I hate it when it rains!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

Almost every time it rains I get a headache. It's raining now and I'm absolutely miserable.

Anyone else have this issue and if so, what do you do about it besides taking meds?

2. Andrea

Andrea New Member

*huggles*

3. 12barblues

Gold Member

Never heard of that....of course it doesn't rain here so maybe that's why..? When it does tho , I love it....I'm sorry you can't enjoy something as beautiful as a rainy day....:(

4. SWOJLO

Gold Member

I would guess it has something to do with the low atmospheric pressure. Maybe a nagging sinus issue or inner ear problems as well.

5. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Smoke some pot?

Why do you get headaches when it rains? I've never heard that before, I've heard of joint pain, but not headaches. That means that you can't appreciate how pretty the rain is :(

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

Yeah, that. I go to get my sinuses scoped in a coupla weeks. Not looking forward to that but, I've been coughing and having other issues for months. Time to get to the bottom of it.

Ninja, I'd love to take your suggestion but, I promised hubby I'd quit buying yummy baggies of goodness once we finalized the deal on the new horse trailer. Need to save jingle now.

7. Benni

Benni Member

I have the same issue, Barb! Every time it rains, my sinuses act up and give me a headache. I just take OTC meds for it and suffer through until the weather changes. :mad

8. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Today's rainy day was awesome. Super dark clouds and windy with a major downpour for a good 15 mins.

9. sandwich

Gold Member

I like rain in the summer and when there are warmish spring and fall days so much that I kind of like walking while it's raining or even just sitting outside. Warm rain on bare skin feels good. I do not own an umbrella. I would say no to a flood producing downpour, though. It's late fall/winter that I hate. I may flee the continent before Thanksgiving...just kidding but I would love to do that some year until May arrives.

10. justaniceguy

justaniceguy Member

yer I too get this, if not a headache, like a kind of preasure, then a sense of being miserable....Lot to be said for sunshine, even if its freezing....

11. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

I get intense pain in my left knee (dislocated 3 times) and my back (two pinched nerves) and my sinuses hurt as well. Today we got slammed with a nasty storm system of 2+ inches of rain and many series of thunder storms. Lost power even for a few hours.

I find that if I can take a nap it helps or if I can lounge in my recliner and not move much lol. Other than that it's either poppin Advil or Tylenol ever few hours :ugh and put a heating pad on my back if it gets to a very uncomfortable point.

12. BitchN

BitchN New Member

I get the same problem....sinuses....I take over the conter sinus meds. We get alot of rain here....and tornados......still getting over the last 2.....hope you feel better.

13. mrcock

Gold Member

bbc said lately, the less you take the meds now, the less it'll hurt next time

14. igor

Gold Member

My SO gets migraines when the atmospheric pressure changes in a certain way.
    She can't take some of the meds usually prescrib3d for it (like Imitrex) because of heart issues, So in her case nothing but relaxing/sleep in a dark room helps.

15. lbushwalker

Gold Member

"The rain in Spain,
    causes mainly Pain"

16. Barbwire

Gold Member

Indeed.