friend calls me weird and psycho

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by luvsmusiccm, Oct 17, 2010.

1. luvsmusiccm

luvsmusiccm New Member

Recently, a long-time family friend told me I was weird and psycho. Then proceeds to tell me her parents don't want me around unless my parents are there and that I'm "different" What hurts the most is that she and her family are friends with my family and a few relatives.

I did something that almost costed my life at their house. I don't know what I was really thinking when I did it. I was super drunk when it happened. I was depressed about the way my life has turned out and the lack of sex. I regret what I did. Now, that they're shunning me I feel worse because they were the only people I would call friends in my life. I told a family friend's ex who I've known for a few years about why I did it which led to a short-term fling with him knowing that I was close to a virgin. I ended it because sex was eventually all he wanted from me.

Long story short, I've lived a very sheltered life. I was fearful of venturing out doing things including driving, scared of meeting people. Even in most of my 20's. I'm profoundly heairng impaired so it does make communication diffiuclt especially when their's overlapping conversations and backgorund noise. I've always been distant from my dad and since my teenage years my relationship with my mom always been rocky. I have 2 other siblings and they have many friends and have are in a relationship. I've never had a date in my life though have experimented with sex and loved it.

I go to the bar now to escape the lonliness especially on the weekends. People tell me to get involved in other things. Easier said than done, I work odd hours during the week and living out in the boondocks, there isn't much going on that's within 15 minutes away. I would just love to have friends to hang out with on fri. and sat. evening doing things like poker, card games, hanging around a bonfire etc. I don't invite people over because I still live with my parents and with my fiancial situation right now, I can't afford to move out.

I hate the way I look though I don't complain about it to anyone. I don't find myself attractive at all. I just don't like the way I look for various of reasons.

2. Meee

Gold Member

The issue of your hearing keeps coming up. Communication is so important--it could open up a lot of other things for you. Get in contact with organizations that can discuss that with you.

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

What exactly did you do that is making them call you weird and psycho?

4. luckyduck

luckyduck New Member

It sounds like you could benefit from online dating. Of course there are precautions you should take and there are multiple resources available online. Post your picture on a site and see what happens.

5. ManInBra

ManInBra New Member

I would be willing to bet that no matter what happens from here on out, you can always talk to someone here or if you just need a shoulder or 23 to lean on. We have all done things in our past that looking back we regret and wish we could undo. You cant go on thru life holding that over your head and saying oh well. I have dealt with depression many times, I am a mid 40's or so male. Since age 13 I have been a crossdresser, I have been called more than weird and alot worse, and some of that was from "friends". I cant even begin to count the times I considered suicide, Society is very ok with women in a mans shirt, let there be a man in a womens whatever, even if at home in private, I have wanted to take my own life so many times I cant count, but in the end, God wont take to kindly to someone taking their own life. When I was 13 I had noone I could talk to about anything. Back then I probably would have been sent away to a hospital for lots of medications and drug therapy. Time heals all wounds. Just give things awhile to cool and look at it from a different perspective and someday when you feel the time is right to clear the air about whatever happened, then pursue it. But Dont beat yourself down, then you wont be able to stand up for yourself and fight back if needed. :phat

#5 ManInBra, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  6. luvsmusiccm

luvsmusiccm New Member

Calling/texing numerous times in a day. I rarely ever do that. I was a little intoxicated and just lonely since it was a fri. evening

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

They shouldn't call you psycho just for texting and calling.

8. DobaCliff

DobaCliff New Member

If that is the reason they are calling you those names, I have to say they are not friends.

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

Here are my thoughts in a nutshell......

Lose the "woe is me" attitude, drive for more than 15 minutes to find a place to hang out, and get some new friends.

Really, you can't use your disability OR the fact that you live with your family OR that you don't have a lot of money as a crutch. As much as you want to believe it, niether you nor your situation are unique. Things are tough all over.

Now, either you continue to stay in the rut you are in as a socially retarded woman, OR, you make a commitment to change the things you can and quit whining about the things you can't.

10. Godiva

Godiva Member

CL i mean no disrespect in saying i understand the tough love attitude but some of us are a little more sensitive and need gentle couching and support to get to where we want. I'm one of those "woe is me" people so i understand where the OP is coming from and tough love generally would make them shut down and feel even more excluded and sad. Not motivated to make their life better.

If i were hearing impaired i know that would damage my self esteem a lot more than it currently is, so i don't envy you, buuuut at least when there were annoying kids screaming or my beloved parrots i could turn down that hearing aid and smile with bliss! (there are positives in every situation).

I have a little bit of advice, sort of.
    I don't really attach to human beings much, i find it all too easy to end friendships, there are so many fish! When one of them upsets me i just lose contact and find another fishy that's a bit kinder. Yes i forgive, but blatantly lying to me isn't something i want to continually forgive. So find it more as a liberation then a sad thing. OR try to rectify the situation. Explain you were lonely and drunk and apologize if you see fit for what you texted...i don't know the specifics only you do.

Anyway, so i think you should try to make new friends. I know it's going to be difficult and take a while...so i don't have much advise on this since I'm a recluse and don't even try to get new friends- i tend to run from people wanting to befriend me anyway.

P.s. i get called weird almost daily (yes today i did infact get called "such a weirdo!" and i said "thank you so much!" Being normal...is BORING! So i find it a great compliment and you should too! :)

On Friday and Saturday nights hang out where you want to, and those with similar interests will too. You don't have to approach them, but they might approach you. BAM instant friendship :)

11. Barbwire

Gold Member

I appreciate your candor, Godiva, and understand where you are coming from. We each have our own way of expressing ourselves here. I know I can be gruff but, sometimes, people really DO need a kick in the shorts to move forward. Contrary to popular belief, I do most of my butt kickin' because I actually want to help people see the light of day, not because I want to cause them any harm.