Frequency of Sex.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by rcalex, May 10, 2010.

1. rcalex

rcalex New Member

I am looking for long term couples to let me know how often they have sex? I hear so many different views. I would love to hear how many times a week you have sex and how many you feel it the appropriate number? Thank you for your help.

2. igor

Gold Member

Except for maybe a month or so for a while, we have not had sex in 5 years (married for 47 years). I am curious why you want to know - are you in a long term relationship?

#2 igor, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  3. HardRocker

Gold Member

We've been together about 30 years and sex ebbs and flows like life's highs and lows. At times we've dropped off to monthly (or less when illness strikes) and then we go through times of weekly sex or more. Lately, it's been more frequent. Years ago, we did it like rabbits.

4. ana123

ana123 New Member

I'm 19, he's 20 so we haven't had the 30+ years that many people here have had but for people our age the 3 1/2 years that we have had is a lot. Sex depends on how stressed I am. He is always up for some fun so it really depends on me and my moods. Right now we are at 2 times a week because we are at different colleges. When we are on summer break we can have sex 1-3 times a day every day for 5 or 6 days. But when I'm in one of my moods it'll drop to once every month or two.

5. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I've been with my man for 5 years. Our frequency varies from nothing some weeks to 4 times during a good week. If it were up to me, I'd probably want it 4 times every week, with time out for solo play.

6. rcalex

rcalex New Member

Wow that is harsh so sorry. Yes I am in a long term relationship we have been married almost 10 years now.

7. rcalex

rcalex New Member

Interesting so you are the more sexually aggressive one in your relationship.

8. htoad

htoad Active Member

My wife and I have been having sex for almost 30 years. Our goal is to have sex at least every other day, so we average around 3-4 times a week. It is less when the stress of life is impacting us, but it is more when things are settled. When we are relaxed on vacation it is at least once a day.

We both want to have sex the priority in our lives. Bunnie would be perfectly happy with daily sex. At my age she considers my erections a sign of good health and wants to encourage that. One cannot predict what will happen in the future, so as long as we are physically able we will try to have sex as frequently as possible.

9. rcalex

rcalex New Member

Wow htoad I commend you for your efforts and I am happy that you have a wife that is wonderful to you.

10. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Lately I think we're pretty even. At the start of our relationship, he was very insecure and avoided sex a lot because he didn't think he could satisfy me. My only complaint was lack of opportunity. Now he's more comfortable with me, he initiates sex very often. Unfortunately these days, life gets in the way and we don't have sex as often as we would both like. However he's more likely to let things slide whereas I'm more likely to notice the days going by without sex.

11. rcalex

rcalex New Member

Everyday is a bit much for me but every other day is the best for me.

12. pussycat69

Gold Member

I think everyone's case varies. It depends on your lifestyle, but make sure you make time for luvin.

13. rcalex

rcalex New Member

I agree totally different strokes for different folks. Which makes it hard to find the norm.

14. Barbwire

Gold Member

Maybe there really is no "norm". ???

15. igor

Gold Member

I would agree with this.. There is "normal" and there is "average". I think the two are often confused.

16. rcalex

rcalex New Member

Do you think people can be grouped into the amount of times that is right for them and would they be more compatiable with people from that group?

17. HardRocker

Gold Member

If you do it by the numbers and group individuals into their preferred sexual frequency, then would relationships between couples from similar groups be more likely to succeed? That is how I interperet the question.

My answer is maybe, if they share all of the other qualities that would be a foundation for friendship. Otherwise, I think relationships, just because they have similar sexual drives, will probably be a flash in the pan. That, in itself, is not a foundation for a long term relationship.

Now, tell us more about why you want to know this, RC. Just curious, you know.

18. rcalex

rcalex New Member

Well I am trying to understand the differences in people and why some of them want sex all the time and others only occasionally

19. igor

Gold Member

If you are only talking sex (in other words completely compatible in all other aspects of the relationship) I'd say yes.

20. igor

Gold Member

There are too many reasons we have different drives. We are just wired differently.