[Ask a Girl] Freak magnet

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by north, May 14, 2010.

1. north

north New Member

ok here goes...
    I've only become aware of this recently and it's not exactly 'a big deal' as I'm in a happy relationship with a wonderful man but wanted to get everyone's take on it anyway, both guys and gals alike.

Although I'm 100% faithful, I do enjoy the odd flirtation when the situation and chemistry are right. The problem is, the few men I'm attracted to don't seem to know I exist, whereas the hoards of men I'd cross the street to avoid seem to be drawn to me like freakish moths to a freak flame.

I'm young and (I think) quite ok looking. I'd also consider myself rather "normal" in every other respect, so why am I invisible to the interesting prospects and irresistable to the undesirables?

Is it that men are instinctively more interested in women who aren't into them? What is wrong with me?
    :coocoo

Can anyone else relate?

2. Burtie

Burtie New Member

I found when I was single I went for women that were way above my level but that was because I enjoyed the chase, once they had given in I was not interested so left them alone?

3. Northside

Gold Member

Guys interested in someone who isn't into them? I think it works both ways. A lot of people just want what they can't have. It's human nature. As a side note, some years back I saw a girl who was drop dead gorgeous. I never thought I'd have a chance with her, but I had to talk to her. She was pleasant enough, we started dating, and long story short, six months later I couldn't get rid of her fast enough.