Forgetting a crush

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by ninja08hippie, Aug 15, 2013.

1. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I have this terrible habit of falling in love with close friends. I have a new best friend that I met like three months ago. She's awesome and beautiful, so of course, I developed a huge crush on her. I want it to go away, but she's also my neighbor, so I see her every day which just reinforces it each time. What's the best way to get over someone that you have feelings for, but don't actually want to be with? It's depressing me :(

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

You need to distract yourself and fill your days with things that you CAN have. Don't waste your time fussing over things that you can't have.

That's what I'm trying to do now.

Good luck to the both of us, eh?

3. ninja08hippie

Gold Member

I tried, I was dating a girl for about a month. I realized last night that the entire time, I was wishing she was my friend. That wasn't the only reason I broke up with her, but I'm afraid this will get in the way of future relationships, too :(

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

I have same habit of falling for inappropriate people. I wish I could tell you the cure but I can't. Hey hey hey (Sorry, the dog was rubbing his ass on the carpet.)

#4 Barbwire, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. TonyMe

TonyMe Member

Have you tried joining a gym or concentrating more on any hobbies or interests to keep your mind busy.

And
    Barbwire remember dogs are just for the Christmas period but the carpet is for life ............ :ugh hay wait a sec ...........

6. OverSinged

Gold Member

Yeah Ninja, I've fallen into this trap just recently... It's always been known that I was quite sexually attracted to her, but the whole crush thing get's irksome when it can't happen.

7. TonyMe

TonyMe Member

Sorry if I missed something in the first post but why don't you want to be with her. Is there something else to it i.e. she is married and or kids

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Dear Ninja lover,
    The above advice is sound; keeping busy and what better way to be distracted than by playing the Quartet in F Major;

1 Find em'
    2 Finger em'
    3 Fuck em'
    4 Forget em'

Repeat.............and with sufficient practice and it becomes second nature.
    I must confess having played this theme much of my life but my skills must be limited as I finding myself having to repeat the third bar over and over :)

9. Imthatguy

Imthatguy New Member

Do something to make you not like her. Dosomething to ruin the crush. I dont know what... Take a big stinky crap in her bathroom? Tell her shes a dumb whore? Find something about her that turns you off. Key her car and say sorry and pay for the repairs. Tell her you have aids. Anything to ruin the crush. Im sure it will ruin it for both of you. Thats the only quick way i can think of. What works for me sometimes (i dont do any of the above) is telling myself oh she provably has a stinky pussy. Shes probably a bitch once you get to know her. Shes peobably bad wilh money and will spend all my money. She probably sniffs her own butt. That helps me believe this and move on.

10. Trond

Gold Member

Here's a third one like that :lol. It used to be really REALLY bad, but now that I'm in a relationship I have a bit better control on it. Still happens though.:eyes

11. ninja08hippie

Gold Member

Nothing like that, I just don't think we would work out because we have some differences that don't mean anything to friends, but may be problems in a relationship.

Haha :D

I feel better today, maybe it was just a physical attraction after all. :/

12. OverSinged

Gold Member

Lust and infatuation do have this bad habit of double teaming you.

13. TonyMe

TonyMe Member

im glad to hear you are feeling better and im sure you will meet someone right for you. These things tend to happen when you least expect it

14. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

For me, it was a mind over matter type of thing where I had to mentally just destroy the crush and move on.

15. ninja08hippie

Gold Member

I think it's all gone now, been hanging out with every day for the past week and nothing now :/ Turns out I probably just wanted to fuck her and my brain got confused :p

16. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thought so.

luvbug likes this.