For those that love fast cars

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kronnie, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Lets see the cars you think kick some serius butt lmao...

(( i did this rather than spamming up bellas post , im sorry for doing that bella . ))

Ill post some of the ones i like up shortly .

2. Jayce

Gold Member

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Lingenfelter is WAAAAAAY overpriced. I mean come on 802hp for 165K? I can build a 602hp for roughly 8K on the stock block. You can buy the new LSX performance block for 7K, low Compression forged internals for around 3K, and a polished Head with advanced timed cams for another 5k ... A Turbo kit of a pair of Garret GT35RS turbos will get you well over 1000hp with a good tune and proper airflow.

Now, as to cars that are fast:

The RUF Rt 12
    650 hp from a flat 6 twin turbo, that not only will reach 218 mph but will handle like a cat at 200 mph.
    [​IMG]

The Koenigsegg CCX
    850 hp, 250mph+ top speed, and looks that kill.
    [​IMG]

The Dodge Viper belongs on this list and here's why:
    Stock this is not a very impressive car, it has problems hooking up in the 1/4 mile, its handling is less than stellar and 550 hp out of an 8.2L V10 is abysmal. However ... running Twin turbo setups with reforged internals these things have broken 1700hp. so yeah ... there's potential.
    [​IMG]

The Ford GT:
    A solid tune, upgraded fuel delivery and a full TT kit = 1000hp ON THE STOCK INTERNALS! which is ... do I need to say? Amazing.
    [​IMG]

The Lotus Elise/Exige:
    Okay, okay ... hear me out. This is not a blisteringly fast car. What it is is a perfectly balanced driving machine. They've been tuned to around 500hp with turbo kits as they use the Toyota 2ZZGE engine out of the modern Toyota Celica GTS. They are extremely light, have better handling than most Ferraris and look amazing.
    [​IMG]

There are so many more that I just don't have time to go through, the Ariel Atom, the Aero, the Brabus Rocket, and so so many others.

4. Jayce

Gold Member

Right... cause horsepower has EVERYTHING to do with how great a car is. You DID read the performance specs, right?

I guess 0-60 times and top speed of 240 means nothing. *sigh*

But regardless, you can complain about how "overpriced" Lingenfelter is all you want... 165 grand, 0-60 in 2 seconds, 240 top speed, that'll beat the pants off of aaaaaaaaanything near that price range. :cool

5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Yeah ... 0-60 when you're on drag slicks, which you can't have on a street car. Lingenfelters were entered into the Gumball 3000 race, every one of them broke down. They simply don't have the endurance that alot of other cars do at those speeds.

I'm not saying I don't like it, I just think it's overpriced. They drop a custom built engine and a turbo kit in a Z06 and suddenly it's the greatest thing on 4 wheels.

I really am skepical of a 4.3 Sec 0-100 and 2 sec 0-60 time ... that's got to be on straight drag slicks. No street car can pull traction for those kind of speeds.

EDIT: I would like to add that the Motor Trend test set the NEW 2006 1000hp Lingenfelter at 11.9 sec in the 1/4 mile ... whereever those other numbers came from, they have to be slanted in some way, I would assume drag slicks.

6. Jayce

Gold Member

Honest to God man, I swear somewhere I read that the car had street tires on it when it pulled those numbers. Sounds incredible, but the thing launches like crazy. Literally zero spin on the wheels. It's something I'd expect from a 4wd beast or something. But who knows, who cares. It's fucking fast and... don't mean to pour salt on an open wound here... but 165k? Not bad considering the performance you get! :cool That's my undying opinion.

7. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Not bad at all, but you can get better I think.

I'm mulling around the idea of a 500hp Lotus post college running a built 2ZZ-GE Engine and a Garret T30 or T35 .... probably the T30... 1975lbs car + awesome handling + 500hp = ZING!

How the hell do you produce zero wheel spin when you throw 800 something foot-pounds or torque?!? It ain't gonna happen on street tires. :D

8. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

Cars! I love cars! I'm a big fan of Toyota Supras, but I love me some old muscle cars, the 1971 Hemi 'Cuda being my favorite :)

9. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

My wife and I are both confirmed, cardcarrying car nuts and love everything from hotrods and muscle cars to late model hitech stuff and most everything inbetween :lol
    Even use my racecar as an avatar...however, if fast cars are your turnon check out these stats from the fastest accelerating cars on the planet:whoa

Did you know …

… that the nitromethane-powered engines of NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars produce approximately 7,000 horsepower, about 37 times that of the average street car?

… that one cylinder of the eight cylinders of a Top Fuel dragster or a Funny Car produces 750 horsepower, equaling the entire horsepower output of a NASCAR engine?

… that the gasoline-powered engines of NHRA Pro Stock cars produce about 1,200 horsepower, about eight times that of the average street car?

… that an NHRA Top Fuel dragster accelerates from 0 to 100 mph in less than .8-second, almost 11 seconds quicker than it takes a production Porsche 911 Turbo to reach the same speed?

… that an NHRA Top Fuel dragster leaves the starting line with a force nearly five times that of gravity, the same force of the space shuttle when it leaves the launching pad at Cape Canaveral?

… that an NHRA Funny Car is slowed by a reverse force more than seven times that of gravity when both parachutes deploy simultaneously?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars consume between four and five gallons of fuel during a quarter-mile run, which is equivalent to between 16 and 20 gallons per mile?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars use between 10 and 12 gallons of fuel for a complete pass, including the burnout, backup to the starting line, and quarter-mile run?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars travel the length of more than four football fields in less than five seconds?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters can exceed 280 mph in just 660 feet?

… that from a standing start, NHRA Top Fuel dragsters accelerate faster than a jumbo jet, a fighter jet, and a Formula One race car?

… that a fuel pump for an NHRA Top Fuel dragster and Funny Car delivers 65 gallons of fuel per minute, equivalent to eight bathroom showers running at the same time?

… that the fuel-line pressure for NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars is between 400 and 500 pounds, about 20 times greater than the pressure on passenger-car fuel pumps?

… that depending on size and angle, the large rear wing on an NHRA Top Fuel dragster develops between 4,000 and 8,000 pounds of downforce?

… that the 17-inch rear tires used on NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars wear out after four to six runs, or about two miles? Some brands of passenger-car tires are guaranteed for 80,000 miles.

… that it takes just 15/100ths of a second for all 7,000 horsepower of an NHRA Top Fuel dragster engine to reach the rear wheels?

… that it's desirable for an NHRA Top Fuel dragster to race with its front wheels inches off the ground for about the first 200 feet of the run? This ensures proper weight transfer to the rear wheels, a crucial part of a good launch and quick run.

… that the nitromethane used to power the engines of NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars costs about $16 per gallon?

Sources: NHRA Communications and Technical Departments, NHRA race teams, motorsports equipment manufacturers

10. Elvis

Elvis Member

I flew to California in 1980 and bought a 76 350 Vette in Long Beach, drove it to NY and shipped it to the UK.

I'm not much into muscle cars, always a VW Beetle fan myself and had one that I fitted a Porshe 356 engine into after uprating the brakes!

11. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

vector w2 240mph+
    1000 bhp
    built 1986
    60 valves 12 cyliders
    0-60 in around 2.5 secs

For a car built back then its still a beast for today.
    this is a car i have longed to own since i was about 18 years old.
    it was test driven in top gear the show, the test driver bottled out at 240 an siad there was stil more to go, but not by him hahaha

12. Jayce

Gold Member

That's what I thought too, but when this car launches the front end actually lifts off the ground a couple inches. I've never seen a late gen Corvette do that... but this one did that, which kind of separated my beliefs. At first I was like awwwwwww bullshit, but seeing it launch I was like... ehh, maybe it's true?

Who knows. Who cares. It'll make your orgasm in your pants from happyness. :cool

13. Jayce

Gold Member

14. mazdamini

mazdamini New Member

i love fast cars and all (especialy corvettes) but i prefer fast trucks :D

chevy s10 1st gen with a 454
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Jayce

Gold Member

Wanna trade man? I got this sweet car, it's like, a fuckin top fuel dragster. All 150 horses and 2.0 liters of 4 cylinder power. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

01 Elantra GLS for your S10. Straight up. Full tank of gas too! NOW THERE'S A BARGAIN!

16. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Nice street slicks ... now ...

How does she handle around corners with a 59/41 weight distribution? :dgrin

17. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

HAHA!

Very nice S10! If it weren't for the slicks, it'd be one MEAN sleeper. Very cool!

18. mazdamini

mazdamini New Member

lol im afraid i will have to pass on that offer:lol

Actualy its not as bad as one might think but its built for straight lines mainly :D
    yeah i had to do the slicks just so i could get some traction in it ;)

19. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

[​IMG]

1.Head unit Kenwood DDX-7035 DVD
    2.Tv monitor Necvox 5659
    3.Tv monitor Rhoson 7 inci, 4 buah
    4.Speaker Vifa Oracle 6 inci
    5.Speaker Focal Polyglass 6 inci
    6.Subwoofer JL Audio 10 inci, 2 buah
    7.Subwoofer JL Audio 12 inci, 2 buah
    8.Power amp Rockford Fosgate 100ix Transona
    9.Power amp Rockford Fosgate 60 ix DSM
    10.Power amp Rockford Fosgate 200 ix DSM
    11.Power amp Rockford Fosgate 200 ix Transona
    12.Kapasitor bank Critical Mass Engineering 1,2 farad, 2 buah

Seems quite a nice setup :)

[​IMG]

Check this little vid clip out, see what ya think to the engine sounds.
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=106627