For those that like Bikes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by backcheck64, Jul 25, 2011.

1. backcheck64

Gold Member

A Florida fisherman set a new speed record on a Suzuki Hayabusa. The first time anyone has crossed 300mph on two wheels, no outriggers or bullet bodies. Topped out at 311.94mph on a standard bike configuration, motor was built to almost 1000hp though.

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

I liked ya better when you spoke English.

3. backcheck64

Gold Member

Sorry, motorcycle go real, real fast. Is that better LOL.

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

Ok, gotcha. :lol

5. Beach

Beach New Member

Can't imagine that speed...my stock Cbr was supposedly capable of the 180s but only saw around 150... Double that....dammmn.

6. flippertoe

flippertoe New Member

wow ive done 185 on my 1000 but thats amazing. any video out there of it?

7. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

How about a link?.....

8. backcheck64

Gold Member

9. ply

ply
    Gold Member

That's just scary fast. It's amazing what a little wind will do for you when you start getting up in speed.

10. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Wow thats fast. I still perfer 4 wheels tho. Nothing beats a Supra or a Skyline (Nissan love here) beating a bike lol

How do you get 1000 hp out of a V-twin? Thats almost 1hp:1cc depending on how big the engine was. It mustve also been very aerodynamic. Btw the links are not found :(

I know a guy with a Busa and put a small turbo. I think it only pushed 4 lbs of boost and only saw less than a half second less in the 1/4 mile, but still couldnt break into the 9's. This was a while ago, maybe he just needed a tune or something.

11. backcheck64

Gold Member

I will have a GTR....
    THe Busa is a 1300cc inline 4, not a crap V twin...it isn't a Harley. Your friend doens't know how to ride then, bone stock of the showroom the Busa does the quarter in 9.86sec. And it will take 22lbs of boost and hold. Guys in Wentzville were hitting mid 8s with no turbo, only fuel injections remapping, larger injectors, and pipes. Whats the point of 4lbs, try starting at 12. and put baby on a bottle.

the guy that set the record said he was turning 12K in 6th gear, not much left.

The Ariel ATOM V8 uses two Busa motors grafted together and it's beyond fast.

12. 33stack

Gold Member

Why would anybody want to ride anything but a Harley? I like to stretch out on a big chrome beast that sounds like thunder going down the road, not all hunched over clinging for dear life on a tonka toy that sounds like a nest of bees that just got maced.
    OK rice burner fans im ready, let the flaming begin! lol:p

13. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Yeah it was a while ago and a friend of a friend, I didnt know him well. Im pretty sure it was still the low 10's, maybe high 9's. Idk why only 4 pounds I think he JUST got it put on and was being safe. Hes actually a pretty good rider and has been riding for years from what I understand but I dont know why it was so slow. Its a stock everything so maybe he was afraid of lifting the front too much on a nonstretched bike??

Sorry about Vtwin statement I know nothing of bikes really, I stick to 4 wheels lol. I think 10 woulda been a good start for a veteran rider. I have heard of the Atom and saw it on Top Gear (UK version) but I didnt know that about the engine. Its a beast

A GTR hahaha yeah right, and then you woke up.. Id still rather have a R33 or 34. If you did happen to get one and saw it gone one morning, It wasnt me who found out where you lived and stole it in the dead of night.

14. CosmicEye

Gold Member

You know the biggest reason why I HATE Harleys is because they are loud as fuck. The fact that I get pulled over for an aftermarket exhaust thats not even loud and a Harley rides by and I cant even hear myself think pisses me the fuck off. A Harley is 3 times as loud as my car and they dont get pulled over. Have you seen the South Park episode about Harley riders lol! Epically true, you must watch it. Same things for faggot Mustangs. Just because its an American car and 'supposed' to be loud doesnt mean they shouldnt get pulled over when they get straight pipes. Huge difference.

It depends if stupid people get fartcan ebay mufflers, flame stickers, and spoilers for a goodam Camry and think they are the shit. There is way too much of that around here. Alot of cars have power and are legacies that I have huge respect for.

Fuck a Harley and their fake ass leather, YMCA looking faggot imatation gangster riders.. Sorry.

15. backcheck64

Gold Member

Life begins at 150mph dude. My brother in law had a Harley, litterally 3 out of 4 times he rode his wife had to pick him up. It's all about the speed and power, you have to have balls to ride a crotch rocket, any slub can fart around on a two wheeled lawn mower. Have you ever skyed the front tire at 90mph? Have you ever thrown sparks off the pegs as you ripped a decending radius corner in triple digits? Have you ever stood the bike up on the front tire and let it hang? I like riding a scalpel, not a rusty meat cleaver. And I'll second the stupid ass loud pipes, all noise no go. And the 600s sound like bees, a friends GSXR1000R sounds like a small block chevy.

And they've got a 2011 GTR at the local dealer marked down to $79,000 since the 2012s are coming out. Sure I'd like a 34, but get a hold of one here. A friend almost bought one but he said the car does too much for you and he bought a Lotus Elise. Fun car but TINY. $79K aint bad, I've got a $46K minivan and $42K Titan and the wife has a $30K Rogue....as soon as the kids are in college...5 yrs and both are out.

16. CosmicEye

Gold Member

The first half deserves a fist bump (no emoticon for that booo)

Ive seen a few R32s and 33s around. But lately the govt has been stepping up on the illegal imports and are crushing beautiful and legendary cars. I saw this sexy ass R34 GTR V-Spec that came into a place I used to work for an inspection. It was a friend of the owner of the place. Man I drooled for the next 30 minutes. He wouldnt say how much he paid but gave us a hint that it was over $100k.

17. backcheck64

Gold Member

I asked the dealer about the 2012 that was sitting in back waiting for dealer prep, he said they were getting sticker, no upcharge here. My wife prefers the 370Z Nismo, once the kids are out.

18. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Glad your a Nissan fan :tup

You should get a turbo'd 240... Those are fun :)

19. backcheck64

Gold Member

I found a 280 and a 300zx for sale, but until I get these damn expensive kids out of the house LOL.. I like my Hondas too.

20. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Oh baller huh. Get a TT 300zx those are 10k atleast or just spend 30k in a 240 :)

Ill admit, I have a secret love for the 92-95 EG hatches.. Teal green please.