For Kronnie (and whoever else into cars)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shy Girl, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

Wanted to share my "hobby". I'm into 2nd generation Toyota Supras, and I'm on my 8th one right now, which was given to me for free. She needs a LOT of work, but can't complain about a running and driving FREE car :)

Picked her up on May 10th and this is what she looked like when I brought her home...
    [​IMG]

Someone decided to swap the hood and headlight covers over from the car that donated its motor, don't have a clue why :uhh:

[​IMG]

Ewww!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well the front seats are mismatched with the rears, so I picked up a black striped cloth interior, but I'm waiting to put that in because I'm missing a door panel. However, I did clean up the current interior anyway

[​IMG]

I was able to get the cars original hood and headlight covers back, so she now looks like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The engines valve coveres were pretty nasty so i took them off and hit them on the wire wheel for a bit in preparation for paint (which I haven't been able to afford yet, heh)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there you have it, my brat. These cars are what I'm into, what I've been into since March of 2001 when i got my 1st one. I have modified & raced these cars, rebuilt their engines, etc. I'll be replacing the transmission in this one soon as the shifter is sloppy and all torn up on the enside of the tranny.

So besides sex, there's my other great love, heheheh

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

WOW!!!! what a transformation you made....from how it looked the first day you got it, to that last picture , youve worked wonders on her...

Thanks loads for this thread, I do have a foundness for supras....
    with your talents I would be more than happy to pay for your assistance wit ha car any day..

Do you keep them after you have refited cleaned and sorted the engines out ? or do you sell them on ?

and if you have any more pictures of any of the other cars id def love to see them.. :)

3. African Giant

African Giant New Member

Your eighth? Lucky.. I dig supras aswell, I got an 85' model, red, crisp condition. Though, it looks a bit odd next to the 98' sunfire.. I dont know who drives those anymore.

4. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Shy Girl ......i was just wondering are they supras or supra celicas ?

As in England you used to be able to get a "Toyota supra celica" heres a pic of one

[​IMG]

This is the one i first had a go in...a 1990 3L toyota supra twin turbo

[​IMG]

5. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

Heh, well each of them has their own, long story. I've never sold them to turn a profit... life has just happened and things have happened. The only car I actually officially sold was my last one because I was moving across the country from New York to Washington and couldn't take her.

I've had a few 1985s, they have the most options and the most powerful version of the 5MGE engine. Got to love the sharp lines of these cars, I didn't like them much at first but they grew on me quickly!

They are technically 'Celica Supras'. They were named this from 1979 to 1986 and then they switched over to just the Supra name with the Mk3 Supra in 1986.5.

Here's some pics of my previous Mk2 Supras...

My 1st Supra, a 1985 5 speed, got her in march of 2001 for $985 with 179,000 miles.

[​IMG]

Then I got my 2nd Supra in June of 2002. 1982 model 5 speed for $650 with 110,000 miles but did not run. The paint on the car, as well as the wheels were 3 years old at the time, and the interior was immaculate. Due to still being newbies with these cars, we had to junk her to avoid going into debt with storage fees. The non-running issue was later determined to be a simple relay :mad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 3rd and 4th Supras, black car is a 1985 speed, blue car is a 1984 5 speed. The black car was bought for $650 and the blue car was $150 and had a bad fuel pump so we ended up just using it as parts car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the black car, the previous owners had primered it black because the original paint was fading :uhh: . I got bored with that and ended up painting some silver on it.

[​IMG]

My 5th Supra, a 1983, got her for $200 as a rolling chassis. Later installed the engine and tranny in from the black car when the black car got 'wrecked'.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 6th Supra, another 1985 model, only this time an automatic, lol. Didn't keep this car long, was technically only "borrowing" it from my friend, but the title did get transferred into my name for about a month.
    [​IMG]

My 7th Supra, a 1984 automatic, was free and used for parts.
    [​IMG]

So yeah I'm a fanatic, LOL. Not stopping anytime either, I will always want more :D

6. African Giant

African Giant New Member

Their value will increase as years pass, obviously..

You could be rich, if you want that is, lol.

7. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

You just stole my heart :p
    Damm your one busy lady....
    The white Supra to me looks the sweetest of the bunch

[​IMG]

Sorry for getting the names mixed up its been a while since i saw one for real....dont get many Supras in this part of France sadly....
    I remember doing an electricians course quite a few years back, 2 females i got on with really well were both learning to be mechanics....

I hope you manage to get as many of these cars for many years to come....

what do you think to the old style MR2's by the ways ?

8. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

How ironic...HW has been considering buying a mid eighties Supra for his daughters first car.
    A great model...nice lines, well optioned and as you'd expect, excellent build quality,plus, due to their age, very affordable.
    There's a lot to be said about these models and they were very popular worldwide.

PS; They respond very well to a turbocharger as well.....but I won't tell my daughter that:D

9. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

you may find they would also be able to take a larger engine.
    fitted from enderneath upwards....

10. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

Swap a 1jz. :D

11. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

Yeah, she was my favorite by far. Had a black leather interior (very rare, only available in 1983), she was the lightest and fastest. removed a lot of junk, a/c, cruise control, etc and she had a ceramic coated 3" intake pipe (which you can see on my current Supra), a Pacesetter header, and a 2.25" exhaust. Standard 4.10 limited slip in 1983, she got 20mpg city and highway, which was good for a car with hardly no working sensor (don't ask)

Yep yep, tons of people on celicasupra.com have turbocharged the 5MGE, others have thrown the mk3 Supras 3.0 liter 7MGTE in there. In fact, there is a 400whp mk2 with a 7MGTE that is in my driveway right now being upgraded with a stronger driveline. That car screams!!

Sure! There is a mk2 I've seen with the 4.0 liter 1UZ Tundra engine, I've seen several domestic V8 swaps, from Ford 302s to Mopar 360s. There are 1JZ, 2JZ Supras out there as well. These cars take very well to turbo engines being as light and durable as they are. The weigh roughly 3,000lbs depending on auto or 5 speed and other options (such as sunroof)

And as far as safety goes, I wouldn't give my car up for ANY new car! I have seen these cars in wrecks, and for being relatively light, they hold up VERY well!

12. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Yeah i dont see the point of ac in cars i just undo the window and cruise..
    but making it as light wieght as possible you could maybe take out the interior and add in light wieght bucket seats with roll bars ( or not hehe )

Old cars were made to last...

I can only imagine a 4L 1980+ supra , must rip the road up ...

Just out of interest would the 4.5L toyota land cruiser engine be able to be fitted into one of those supras ( or is it just t obig to fit in ? )

Or even perhaps the ford cosworth engine ?

13. gixxer750

gixxer750 New Member

Bad ass, an MK2 & MK3 thread.

I'm the proud owner of 4 mk3's :)

1988 Toyota Supra Turbo Targa. 3h8 burgandy metallic. makes almost 600 whp

1989 Supra turbo targa white package, pretty stock. 9:1 comp ratio, and stock turbo @ 10 psi

1989 Turbo hardtop dark blue, stock and broken

1987 Na Auto/sunroof

You on SM or SF shygirl?

14. gixxer750

gixxer750 New Member

I'll try to get some pics of my toys up soon

15. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

I think for the effort of modifying one to fit, it would just be way easier and more economical to do the 3.0 turbo swap.

Nice collection! I'm on celicasupra.com, supramania.com and supraforums.com :D

16. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Doesnt the cruiser come in a varient of turbo diesel or something hen ? sory to harp on hehehe

Im not overly technical with cars as you may have guessed..although i do totaly enjoy them ( again you may have guessed that from the vehicle threads ive done lmao )

17. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

I'm really not very familiar with that engine at all, but I do know it will not fit comfortably and it doesn't have much (if any) aftermarket support for performance modifications. I also think that it is pretty damn heavy.

I know that my 2.8 liter 5MGE is about 400lbs dry weight, probably 450 with accessories, which is roughly the same weight as some domestic smallblock V8s. Inline 6s with iron blocks are notoriously heavy, so just add another 1.7 liters of heavy metal.

18. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

1jz I say. :p Smaller than the 2jz, still makes damn good power and once mounted sits lower and closer to the firewall for a closer 50/50 balance.

19. gixxer750

gixxer750 New Member

I'm sure we know each other then ;)

I'll have to get some pics up. I'm looking for a clean mk2 to add to my collection soon

20. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

You know me im not in the know , so i was just throwing some ideas out ..

I know a ford fiesta can have a cosworth engine in it, but damm thats gotta be some power output being as the fiesta is pretty light weight to begin with :p...