Food For Thought

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by 10_3XL, Jul 9, 2014.

1. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

2. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Sorry dude, but I find this in EXTREMELY poor taste.

xx

3. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

The only reason I posted this was that the linked cartoon got the wheels in my head turning. I haven't ever really considered the sheer scale of what a victim goes through. Rape is a very serious subject, and one that I think gets brushed under the table too frequently. I was hoping to get a few more minds tuned into the scope of what an individual goes through when a victim of such Evil. Which I feel the linked cartoon demonstrates very well.

I apologize that this came across as offensive.:oops::(

Please, allow me to explain my interpretations of the cartoon:
    The narrator suffered a horrible atrocity. The various things that she says and the accompanying images are correlating to her struggles to come to grips with what happened to her and to move on with her life - to get back to "normal." (Which is represented by the breakfast she describes.)
    It is a graphic representation of some of what a rape victim goes through...
    Her description of what she wishes she had done in contrast to what she did do - and the self-loathing inspired by that reality.
    What she did to alter her external self to try to alter her internal self and convince the rest of the world that she could never be so mistreated.
    Her attempting to negate/rationalize the event by willing her memory of it to be different.
    The parts in which she talks about being "so stupid" and "a bad character" are the voice of that Negative Self that was created by her tragedy.
    The final line "Eventually, years later, I eat eggs again" is her way of saying that after that happened and years of coming to terms with her rape she has finally reached a place where it is no longer so traumatic on a day-to-day basis.

That is how I interpreted it, thus the reason that I saw no issue in posting the link. Looking at the title I used I could have chosen something a bit better. My reason for the title is, again, that this got me thinking. That it was a bit of (unintentional) excessively dark humor now that I look at it again was purely coincidental; nothing more.

RubyAsh likes this.
  4. RubyAsh

Gold Member

I liked it!
    I liked the naked truth the victim manages to express.
    I liked her attempt at rationalizing what happened in order to give herself the will to move forward and eventually overcome the whole thing.
    So powerful!

JonJo and 10_3XL like this.
  5. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Thank you! I was getting afraid that I had totally missed something and had grossly misinterpreted.
    It was powerful - I felt sick reading it; realizing that thoughts and feelings like that are NOT made up - they are totally real. As I said above, I hadn't ever really thought that much on the matter. I'd given it a passing, "Oh that's horrible!" but never really got much beyond that (other than the instinctive gut reaction of anger/upset).
    The two fancy words for that linked cartoon that I would use are "cerebral" and "visceral."

RubyAsh likes this.
  6. RubyAsh

Gold Member

Good choice of words!
    Indeed visceral!
    It takes guts to be able to express such a deep emotion like this.
    The visual impact is excellent. Particularly liked the colour monotone in grey with yellow/brownish accent, which clearly represent emotional transition.
    Well done you for posting it!

10_3XL likes this.
  7. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Thank you for posting. Now maybe others will understand.

10_3XL likes this.