Followers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mactheripper, May 17, 2014.

1. mactheripper

Gold Member

I'm must be the only one to lose them lol

BTW they should rename it to "Friends"

Untamed likes this.
  2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

It was friends on the old site but both parties had to confirm it. I actually like this way better. I don't have an inbox full of requests now.

HotForHoney likes this.
  3. mactheripper

Gold Member

I guess it's more of a hassle for the ladies since y'all will get for more request.

4. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I suppose so. I like seeing all my followers though. I don't keep up with them and don't really care if I lose some.

5. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I honestly haven't paid any attention ever to my "followers" - on here or any other social site I'm on. Hell, even my Facebook "friends" list is 98% people I never talk to (or have any interest to really talk to). Plus, it's kind of one of those things that I think lots of people just kind of click onto because you're "supposed to." It's similar to clicking "like" on everything. (I'm guilty of doing that a lot, but mostly I do it so people know I have seen and acknowledged what they posted.)

Anyway... Followers only matter as much as you want to read into it. It's like that old school Myspace Friends thing - we all had 3,000,000 of them and only knew 3.

Untamed and MissJuicy like this.
  6. JonJo

Gold Member

If they have taken the risk of coming out as being your 'friends' I think the only decent thing you can do is call them both up:p

7. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Nope. I won't do that. My two Facebook friends chose to sacrifice their credibility when they "friended" me.

AtkCCC and CaramelLady like this.
  8. CaramelLady

You have two friends on Facebook! I don't have any!

Untamed, MissJuicy and 10_3XL like this.
  9. CaramelLady

I am not sure why the name changed from friends to followers, but I do like the current set up. We no longer need to approve them.

Untamed likes this.
  10. BlueCollar

Gold Member

I don't use Facebook. This is my only outlet for social media.

JonJo, Untamed and 10_3XL like this.
  11. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Probably not a totally bad choice. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc ... the devil incarnate ... in digital form! Besides, everyone and their mom (and cat and houseplants and furniture) have a Facebook account. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT! :D

Untamed and BlueCollar like this.
  12. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Because Stalker sounded too creepy. LOL

JonJo, loves2ride, MissJuicy and 4 others like this.
  13. BlueCollar

Gold Member

I get the appeal of it. But why do all your "friends" need to know your every move? To me it's weird. What is this? The fucking matrix? One day we'll start waking up in those tubes full of pink liquid, bald, with no fucking eyebrows, and twelve different cables in our spine going whatthemotherfuck??!!?? Lol

JonJo, oldkid and AtkCCC like this.
  14. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I only have seven cables in my spine, thank you very much. :D

BlueCollar likes this.
  15. BlueCollar

Gold Member

Yea. 7 as of now. But the rest are on the way :cool:

10_3XL likes this.
  16. CaramelLady

You stalk me anytime... and bring dem cookies too. :)

AtkCCC likes this.
  17. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I don't "follow" anyone and don't care who "follows" me (I am no Pied Piper) but if I was asked to be Friends or I dared ask someone the same favour then that would be altogether different.
    When the change came I deleted everyone as did not like the connotation of the new terminology.
    In the past we could choose to seek and accept one way or t'other but now as mentioned above it is outside our control and therefore meaningless in my view.

CaramelLady and Untamed like this.
  18. CaramelLady

I prefer the name Friends too......

HotForHoney and mactheripper like this.
  19. oldkid

For what it's worth, not much I suppose, but I like the follower/followee way here. And I am selective. I will follow someone for awhile if I like the cut of his/her jib. If he/she reciprocates, it tells me he/she noticed I'm following, or likes to read more of what I have to say. In time, if no reciprocates, I feel free to unfollow. If I note someone is following me, I automatically give him/her a trial follow as above. If a woman shows enough skin in a thread, I give her a follow. She continues to have my attention until she disses me or makes her skin unavailable. If she's hot enough, I'll work on her for awhile. Then it's woody weeding time. There are a couple of exceptions on SF. There are those who I follow because I consider them a real friend, clothed or naked, and they have real substance about them. But my favorite is "Ignore". If a man comes on with his dick hanging out trolling for whores, I turn him off. Often with a nasty remark. Or if a dude shows me he has no depth to him, for example, if the only thing he wants to talk about is how big his cock is or how superior he is to the rest of the members, he's in the ignore box forever. Yes, that's judgemental. I said when I joined here, I will be brutally frank at times, and if I'm not to someone's liking, that's what the ignore button is for. I have ignored some of the newbies if I felt they are here as a commercial enterprise, or I'm strongly suspicious she isn't old enough to be here. Now that I've made my position perfectly clear, What the fuck did I just say. LOL I do like to see myself in print.

JonJo and Untamed like this.
  20. lbushwalker

Gold Member

OldKid I love your succinct cutting style, verbose rantings and above all your self deprecations.
    Truly a man for all seasons of which you have seen a few :)
    Myself been around the block a few times too ;)