Florida nightclub shooting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EarthboundEnigma, Jun 12, 2016.

1. EarthboundEnigma

Gold Member

Might not be the best place to vent, but I felt the need to do so somewhere. I was already really torn up about the news from Florida. So many lives lost to mindless hate so quickly. But you'd think tragedy like this would bring us together. When I look around everyone is just trying to use this to argue for their own political preferences and using it to hate on Muslims.

I'm angry about this as much as anyone. But no one should make something like this into a shit show to win an argument. Nor should they try to fight hate with even more hate.

Long story short: I'm just really upset about this tragedy and the fact we seem to choose divisiveness over togetherness every single time a chance comes up.

CLE32793 and Dodge72 like this.
  2. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

It's Very sad, but call it for what it is. Radical Islamic terrorism has to come to an end. People need to except the fact. Until we address the problem for what it is, we will continue to take hits.

#2 Dog_E_Ryder, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    treo, Amature, CLE32793 and 4 others like this.
  3. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Just heard on the Reuters news a man was taken down in LA carrying a bag of firearms and explosives to a Gay Pride parade...hmmm pretty typical 1..2..3 punch of of terrorist tactics.

#3 Dog_E_Ryder, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    treo, Amature, CLE32793 and 2 others like this.
  4. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Very sad day here in Florida, Sad day for the gay community and even sadder for all the family s involved.A true Muslim
    wants to live in peace and they are torn by the radicals within them.They don't even know who their enemy is.This country is not only divided but is also scared!.We have a president who won't identify our enemy and we walk and go out not knowing when or where this is going to happen.Whether its a radical Islamist terrorist or a hate crime This was a soft target as you are not allowed to carry in a place that's used primarily for drinking.Please don't say more need for gun control as the weapon used was a long gun and responsible gun owners are reeling from this.God Bless the victims and many prayers for the families.They will forever be changed by this senseless act!

Amature, CLE32793, Mikey22 and 2 others like this.
  5. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Sharif law does not allow any gays,They throw them off buildings,Set them on fire,Yes it does need to stop!

Amature, CLE32793, Mikey22 and 2 others like this.
  6. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Well shit for brains Obamba once again just had a speech and trying to incite gun control into a terrorist situation, what a fucking moron he is.

Amature, CLE32793 and Mikey22 like this.
  7. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

It's really sad and tragic :(

Amature likes this.
  8. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Who really cares what Obama says,He will soon be on the scrap heap of US history..I am sure Jimmy Carter is breathing a sigh of relief..Now Obama is the worst president in US history..I cant wait to see him go!

9. Candela

Verified Gold Member

10. Barent

Verified Gold Member

That son of a bitch should not have been allowed to buy a gun.

11. Candela

Verified Gold Member

I agree..They are saying he was on the police radar 3yrs ago..WTF....Fox News now reporting ISIS media are claiming responsibility for the attack

Amature, CLE32793 and Dog_E_Ryder like this.
  12. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Amature and Dog_E_Ryder like this.
  13. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

And yet they are still here! Be afraid, be very afraid!

Amature likes this.
  14. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

I agree, if we have a terrorist no fly list, there should be a terrorist no buy list, but then again...once we give that kind of power to the government we open up pandora's box on who and what constitutes who as being a terrorist? It sounds to be a good idea in theory, but the reality might prove to be otherwise. Besides gun control will never stop the drive of the terrorist, if you don't believe that look what the wrath of a ryder truck and a couple hundred pounds of fertilizer accomplished.

Amature and CLE32793 like this.
  15. Amature

Gold Member

I paid my fees, attended the classes, paid the background check, waited the wait and got my concealed carry permit. I have carried my pistol one time. I need to buy a better holster or smaller handgun and start carrying every time I leave home I guess. A full size 1911 in .45ACP is pretty hard to conceal.

I am very concerned with this countries safety. Obozo and Killery bringing these bastards in by the thousands scare the hell out of me. Refugees my ass! They are young, strong, fighting age men from what I've seen. I think omuslim plans on using them against us!

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  16. Candela

Verified Gold Member

You can carry all you want,Chances that you encounter something like this in a bar,You are still defenseless as you can't carry in a nightclub.To see something like this going on in the street,You still dont have a chance if the guy has a AR or a AK.In all reality,Encountering and having to use your weapon a lot of times doesn't work as 98% of the time you are going to miss.Hitting targets and defending yourself are two different things.I urge all CC holders to get the proper training.The guy who gives the course for your gun licence is a farce.Get some real training,This cost money but will maybe save yourself or others in case of a attack

17. EarthboundEnigma

Gold Member

I just don't understand how someone can walk into a place like that, look his fellow human beings in the eye and just snuff out their lives like they were nothing. 50 people died and 50+ more were injured.

I didn't know anyone in that club personally (but others on this very website did). But I feel like I've personally lost something today. It's effecting me. Just like the insanity at Sandy Hook. I really just love my fellow people, of all stripes. Everyone has a right to live. Within days half the country will have forgotten these people, no one will know their names and faces. Their hopes or their dreams. They'll just be stats politicians use to try to outdo each other. And nothing will change. I literally cried for the first time in my adult life today for people who I don't even know. All I do know is that they deserved much more, much better.

I feel splintered by this. I really do.

Candela and Amature like this.
  18. Amature

Gold Member

Well, I never go to bars or nightclubs. And I live in a very rural area. So you are probably correct. I most likely will never encounter a shooting situation. I've handled guns since I was five years old. I've hunted everything from squirrel to coyotes and deer. I can shoot aspirin at 90 yards off a bench with a rifle, and a running coyote off a fence post running at 227 yards. My friends and I have shot timed matches, with a reload at five shots many times. Although I'm not as well trained as if I'd had trained at the Gunsight Academy, I'm not exactly a novice either. When I shot my qualification for C.C. we shot at 15, 20, and 25 yards. I asked since I was disabled if I could shoot all 30 shots at 25 yards. The instructor said sure, if I thought I could score. I hit 29 out of 30. The one "miss" actually hit a man size silhouette on the arm. I don't mean to brag, I just wanted to clear any misconceptions. My user name "amature" refers to my sexual prowess, NOT my firearm knowledge.

BigSmiles likes this.
  19. Mittimer

Gold Member

I lost someone I know there and there are friends and friends of family who are among the severely wounded and even some among my circle who are unaccounted for. This is HOME, this is where I grew up, this is my back yard filled with the people I love and care for.

This was not terrorism, this is not about gun control. This is a HATE crime.

This was done to people celebrating PRIDE at an LGBT club. A place where so many feel that it's the only safe place for them to be themselves. They were murdered for being themselves. They were shot down for their sexuality or being a supporter of it. This is a hate crime.

I won't argue or debate this with anyone. Just remember to tell the people you care for that you love them. Take the time to speak to them, show them you care. Even if you don't agree with the lifestyle, support them because you can't possibly imagine the hell they go through for the sake of love.

Donate to the various causes, donate blood if you're local and say a prayer and send healing light and love to the families of the victims and those still clinging to life.

treo, LilBAM, Candela and 4 others like this.
  20. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Yes it is terrorism no matter how you want to play it. It is what it is. Hate crime yes, but all terrorism could be considered a hate crime.

treo, Candela, JonJo and 1 other person like this.