First vehicle you owned

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JackieTreehorn, Sep 29, 2017.

1. JackieTreehorn

Gold Member

Inspired by the nostalgia vibe on another thread, and some old photos I was going through.

What was the first vehicle you purchased on your own?

loves2ride and sensless like this.
  2. JackieTreehorn

Gold Member

First was a ’72 Dodge Dart (with the indestructible slant-6!):cool: purchased just to get to a summer construction job when I was 19.

First one after I graduated from college was this ’73 Datsun 1500 that I bought for $300. It was also for construction, and I just needed something to last through the 3 month probationary period until I got a company truck. It didn't make it lol.:oops: Ahh, I loved the multi-colored paint job and the hood tied down with a rope.:eek::cool:

datsun1.jpeg

CLE32793, loves2ride and Maude like this.
  3. MrRam65

Gold Member

Worked after school and summers helping a local upholsterer during my sophomore and junior high school years and paid $800 for a '76 Datsun pickup in '82....4 banger, needed work but I didn't care. Drove the wheels off that thing for about a year until it blew up. Good times.

loves2ride and JackieTreehorn like this.
  4. petergozinya

Gold Member

When I got my license at 16 I purchased a 66 Oldsmobile F85 4 dr, 3 on the the tree. Basically a cutlass 4 dr. I was taking Auto Shop and put the 3 speed on the floor with a Hurst Shifter, L60's on the back and E 50's on the front! I had a lot of fun in that car including sex front and back seats, sometimes a foursome!!! Lmfao!!!!

loves2ride and JackieTreehorn like this.
  5. petergozinya

Gold Member

Oh I paid $500.00 for it!

JackieTreehorn likes this.
  6. danrb007

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    First car I actually owned was a 1967 ford mustang convertible. Man I wish I still owned it I could provably retire

7. MrRam65

Gold Member

I can relate to not having certain things anymore....and sorry to Mr. Treehorn for going off topic for a second...I'm the last child with 3 older siblings. When I was little I had to listen to their music....and it was varied. Oldest, my sister, loved the classic country, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, George and Tammy,...one brother was big on Motown and R&B and had just about every James Brown album out at the time along with many by Aretha Franklin, The Temptations, Percy Sledge and Joe Tex. Third brother had many albums by America, The Eagles, The Doobie Brothers, etc...and I kept all of them.
    The summer after I graduated for high school, I enlisted in the service. I guess my dad, with all the kids out of the house, decided to do a little spring cleaning and yep...every single damned one of those albums got tossed. :mad: Kills me to this day lol

8. daletom

Gold Member

First car I owned was a '54 Willys 1/2-ton, 4WD, station wagon.

[​IMG]

Purchased 1972, $500 if I recall correctly. 3-speed transmission with floor-mounted shifter and two-speed transfer case. The guy who had it before me re-powered with one of the GM small-block V-8's rather than the original 4-cylinder. Given its origins as an off-pavement light truck, and the V-8 engine, the thing would almost climb trees.

Unfortunately, the engine transplant was poorly done I didn't have the money, or the facilities, to correct all the defects in the engine work and sold the car about 8 months after I got it. It's one of those things I wish I could have held onto - the body was in mint condition and it had the potential for being a show car.

#8 daletom, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    JackieTreehorn, danrb007 and MrRam65 like this.
  9. fbbg

Gold Member

I got the only thing I could get insured on. Terrible car, although not the last one i would end up owning lol.

(not my actual car below but very much like it)

[​IMG]

10. loves2ride

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    (I can't allow this to be a 'boys only' thread ;) :D)

The first car I owned (well, made car payments to own it ;).....) was a '71 Chocolate Brown Mustang with a Crème colored interior. It was a very sharp looking ride! I don't have any pics of it, so here's one similar to it that I found on the internet. Although mine didn't have the white (?) Landau top - it was completely Brown paint on the top too. Guys complimented me on how nice it was. I loved that car!

[​IMG]

11. MrRam65

Gold Member

That is one bad ass 1st vehicle for sure!

loves2ride likes this.
  12. loves2ride

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Well Thank you! :)

I think it only had a 302, but it could definitely shit it & get it! :D :cool:

13. MrRam65

Gold Member

My older brothers first car was a '72 Oldsmobile 442, similar to this one....

72Cut442.jpg

He ended up In the Marine Corps and sold it to my parents. It was hilarious to see my mom drive that thing to and from work only for 20 years. I don't think it ever went over 5mph under the speed limit lol

14. Mywife4u

Gold Member

1993 white corsica with red interior.

15. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    My first car gave to me by my sister was a 1980 Toyota Corolla, it was a sardine can on wheels, lol. I traded it for a 1985 Corolla SR5, loved that car. It was still running when I totaled it out!

16. Throbber

Gold Member

My first car I bought for $200. Was a small hunk of shit. Had no power steering. No AC. You could lift the car off of its wheels if you lifted on the back bumper. My friends used to tell me it sounded like a lawnmower. But goddamn it they all rode in it!

17. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

Hey, sweet ride!!! :D
    About my third car I found a '73 Mustang , fastback. Deep deep green, like dark metallic. Usually the top you see in your pic, means there's a vertical window just behind the driver, n the fastback has a long slanted window. The one above I think is a 'grande' style.
    Had an accident with mine but found all the front end parts of a '71. Honeycomb grill, hood with the lil hidden scoops... Rebuilt most of the 302. looked like a Mach 1 when I was done except the motor ... :(

Bet you really enjoyed that car!! :p

JackieTreehorn and loves2ride like this.
  18. xtacy4

Gold Member

Well mine was nowhere near as cool as all of yours :p 1990 Honda Civic with over 100,000 miles...but new to me! Also not the actual photo of mine, but just like this one. The hood was even up like that all the time because it would overheat and spray green shit all over my windshield so I'd get the hose and spray it down! :p:p:p
    IMG_8846.JPG

JackieTreehorn and MrRam65 like this.
  19. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

I'm not going to honor the SofB by mentioning it!:mad:;):D

JackieTreehorn, Throbber and MrRam65 like this.
  20. MrRam65

Gold Member

So EVEN you car was trying to give you a facial?! Can't a girl get a break every now and then?:D:p

JackieTreehorn and xtacy4 like this.