First Sex Toy Advice

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Fliteskates, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

This is for the ladies...

I want to get my g/f a sex toy to drive her wild. She has used dildos and hates them...

I figured I would get her something that would get her off by stimulating her clit. A small clit vibrator most likely.

I have a couple questions...

- What is a good toy like this, that isn't too loud?

- If I use a vibrator on her clit, will it start to become desensitized to my tongue/fingers over time?

Thx

2. Cora

Cora New Member

Most important thing... is the toy something she'd want? If she hates dildos... is it because sex toys just aren't her thing? Perhaps you've already gained some perspective about whether or not she's ok with giving this a go... if not, best try to find out.

A vibrator will not make her desensitized to other stimulation over time. Total myth. It may very well make her desensitised to other stimulation during a session though. So going straight from a vibe to fingers might be pretty useless... but everything will be back to normal by the next time around (just like if you sit the wrong way and end up unable to feel your foot for a bit... it's not like you never will).

If you feel that smaller is better, there are a lot of options these days. There's one that I've seen advertised as a "micro finger tip"... which is a very small vibe that actually fits over your finger tip and turns your finger into a vibrator. Sounds fun... and far less intimidating than a dildo. Then there's all the bullets of course... there's so many of them around that some online catalogues have a whole separate section for them. No one can really vouch for the noise level unless they've tried exactly the same thing in exactly the same brand... but often, you get what you pay for.

Another idea, if you're wanting to introduce vibes to your sex life in a fun, light hearted way... is novelty vibrators. You can get vibes now in the form of a rubber duckie, bumble bee, elephant, piece of fruit... you name it.

3. ctown75

ctown75 New Member

Have a good time

I am a guy,but I have bought a lot of toys through the years for my wife and my advice is get your girl a gift certificate from a nice sex shop and then go with her when she picks out what she wants then go home and use it. If its a xmas present then take her on xmas eve before the shop closes as a surprise.The best toy we have is the Hitachi magic wand.

4. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I am taking her to the sex store, so that is not an issue.

She is interested in clit vibrators... or something that will stimulate her clit or maybe her G-spot.

She is afraid if she gets something that vibrates, it will make her clit desensitized to my tongue, fingers, etc.

I have no idea what to tell her - which is why I'm asking on here.

5. Bluesy

Gold Member

If she doesn't have a hypersensitive clit, I recommend the Pocket Rocket (the latest model, in translucent colors--I think they're called "iVibe"). There are a lot of imitators out there, but I'm referring to the true PR made by Doc Johnson. I have the original PR and a hypersensitive clit and I still love it (I only wish it had adjustable speeds). I just have to be careful that I don't get it too close to the head of the clitoris or the vibes are uncomfortable. There are metallic beads on the head that are just :whoa!!! I love the orgasms I get from it :brow

That vibrators "desensitize" the clitoris is a myth. Yes, if you overuse them, and have a sensitive clit, you can experience temporary numbness. Lay off the vibes for about a week and full sensitivity returns.

I will say that using a vibe on my clit feels a thousand times more pleasurable than fingers, so I haven't used fingers to get the job done in ages. She may develop a preference for the vibrator, but, hey, there's nothing wrong with that. We should all want our partners to experience the most intense pleasure possible during sex...and nothing, not even a vibe, can compare to a tongue ;)

6. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I want her to have mind blowing orgasms so there is no real ego thing with me here - it is more her issues about sex toys. I'll do whatever it takes to have her sliding away in her own juice lol

She won't use it herself - she isn't in to doing that. She says she likes the real thing, etc. So I will be the one using it most of the time probably.

I talked her into going to the sex shop after Christmas, so I am trying to educate myself a little ahead of time.

We used anal beads a couple of yrs ago and she liked them. Just I broke them when I was washing them and we never got any new ones.

I think we would use the vibrator once a week or something. Maybe if she loves it alot, then we would use it more often. So that probably wouldn't cause much loss of feeling I think.

Just a couple of questions Bluesy...

Are you saying that a tongue feels better than a vibrator on your clit? Out of fingers, vibes and tongue.. what is your absolute favorite?

If I used a vibrator on her clit... should I play with her G-spot also (at the same time)?

When I rub her clit or lick it, at different times I will put my finger inside her and play with her Gspot.

So would that be a good idea or a bad one?

7. Bluesy

Gold Member

I wouldn't say a tongue feels better, necessarily, but it's a far different, and equally as fabulous, sensation that can't be duplicated by a vibe. A wet, slippery tongue sliding around a clit...*horny shivers*...there's definitely nothing like it :brow

As for the g-spot stimulation, you're talking to the wrong chica because I've never had a g-spot O. I'd say try different things and see what she prefers (and she might even like different things on different days...I know my body can be fickle that way).

8. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

You might want to look into the Eroscillator (eroscillator.com). My wife LOVES hers. Looks and works about like an oscillating tooth brush but with different heads. Runs off of AC power -- no batteries. Very well built.