First *real* relationship?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Kaliber, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Kaliber

Kaliber New Member

When was your first real (note: this does not include holding hands ;) ) relationship.

Well I won't mention any names but mine was back when I was 12, lasted about a month and we moved school, haven't seen her since :p

2. refresh

refresh Contributer

Do you mean real as in "real feelings" real or as in "LD relationships where you've never seen her face don't count" real?

3. nitroboy

nitroboy New Member

yeah, first define "real"

4. CeleronXL

CeleronXL New Member

My first 'real' one has been going on the past 5 months (and 3 days ;)).

5. aran

aran New Member

Here's to confusion! My first real relationship was in high school. Not only were we incompatible, it turns out she was the wrong gender altogether. Guess I should have started wondering why I thought her brother was such a hottie.

6. pagusas

pagusas New Member

mine was only a year ago, lasted 8 months, ended in her telling me to go to hell :(. Still hurts like hell cause i treated her like a queen and she used and abused me.

7. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Cool.. yeah I think four or five.. :) :D Me included. ;) Chanserv.. and a couple of others...

8. elevation24

elevation24 New Member

My first real relationship is the one that I'm in now.

I had a few boyfriends (~5) when I was in Junior High, I guess maybe I had one "real" boyfriend at that time but I dunno, we dated during summer school and we did go out and do stuff together, hang out and go eat and stuff, but nothing much, you know? He was my first sexual encounter (note: oral sex, I've only had sex with one person and that's who I'm with now) and we dated for the entire period of summer school before we left to go to separate high schools.

I met Dustin when I was 16 (a little over a month shy of 17) and, um.. now we have a child together and live together :p I really consider him to be my first serious relationship.

9. acidrain47

acidrain47 New Member

my first "real" relationship was when i was in hs....right before i turned 16...it lasted until i was 18...but by "real" you said more than holding hands...i didn't have sex with this guy but i did get my first real kiss....i've had one other real relationship that lasted 3 years, and we lived together. he was my first...now im dating a new guy..ohhh for about 5 months...

10. archer_007

archer_007 New Member

During freshman year of HS. She turned out to not be the person I thought she was. She ended up dumping me over something very trivial.

11. talkitive male

talkitive male New Member

I have loved and lost and then found out what love really was

I would very much like to share my experiences on this topic with you all. I had just moved out of home when i meet her at a club, she was an extremely attractive lady and playful personality, droven to distraction, within weeks i knew she was the one for me, things progessed rapidly over the next few months, she would cry when we parted (if only for a few days) and her tender embrace would bring me back with hast.

I honestly believe there is something inherently dangerous about a relationship that builds so quickly

"Like a string of beads that would shatter should one come loose" - Wedding wind, Philp Larkin [my paraphrasing]

soon expectations where built, if she loved me she would, and with her to (if he loved me he would), the practicalities we had over looked crept back to haunt us (we where from very different waring factions of the community), our expectations of live where very different, and we had not noticed who estranged with the outside world we had both become.

Rows broke out and reconcilation was based on the principle that true love never runs smoothy, but all human relationship are at there best fragile, and sometimes when a wagon of gellitnite hits a rock it may not go off, but a smaller rocking may be enough for it to explode.

I questioned, if love was enough, could we spend a day with arguing? Did arguing maybe enhance the relationship was the tender embrace of forgiveness not all the more sweeter for it?

I though long and hard and concluded it was not, that somehow this relationship would be the end of me if i did not end it, for years after we broke up that six month realtionship hunted me.

through numerous other relationships i learned i could be happy on my own, and re evaluated and concluded casual sex was a bad idea, i thought some more and i decided i probably thought about it all too much.

then quite by accident i meet another partner (the odds really where incredible of us ever meeting), however embittered by other relationship i was not going to allow this one to remove the comfort of my bachelourhood that had ensued.

Through time, i grew increasing founder of this new lady, touched by her humanity her loyality and devotion, but this was no excuse that i should return these feelings, indeed i tried so hard to convience myself i did not love her i had overlooked the suttle creeping up of the emotions i had developed and one day she left, for the first time in my life i wept over a woman, and the parting was only tempory due to logistics.

I learnt alot and still am learning but i cann't help but reflect on the suttle differences between the two relationships, love between two humans can never be unconditional (I love her/him because . . .), that true love can only grow where the two individuals invovled are seperately independent, i want you and i need you now ring to me as statements of self indulgent possession. Over all i have learnt love is not spelt L O V E it is indeed spelt S A C R I F I C E.

I give to you how i feel about these issues and it is your right to differ, whatever makes you happy, and i am indeed very happy now

12. Billman

Billman New Member

I was around 15-16. Her name was Lauren. She was the first girl I ever clicked with. She was genuinelly open minded. We had fun and laughed. And she knew I liked her, but didn't feel the same way.

I found a lot of her qualities in my ex. My ex is the embodiment of everything I have ever loved about anyone, or anything.