First or Third Person?

Discussion in 'Erotic Literature' started by Flame, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Flame

Flame New Member

Does anyone know if it is better to write erotica in first or in third person?

When I write by myself, it automatically comes out in the first person because I put myself in the girl's head and sort of become her for the story. But when I write role play stories with other people, we usually use the third person so I could easily write like that if it's better for a novel.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. GreyGoose

Gold Member

I like reading them when the author uses the first person

3. blondi

blondi Member

if im writing it for someone, like say my cyber buddy, i write int the first person...i tend to write in the third if its public though, cause thats what i like to see myself. if i see first person, i get the same feeling as if ive just walked in on someone (but if thats your thing...;)) i like to read third person because i can put me or anyone else in there ;)

4. nurseharley

Gold Member

i think it always sounds better as first person. makes it more personal and intimate, better for the imagination

5. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

If you want to write about third person, imagine you are watching the action, or your twin sister, this may come easier to not be that person.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

That's a good tip. First or third works equally well as long as you don't mistakenly mix them. I find it easier to write in first person when I have to describe feelings, especially tactile feelings. I tend to be wordier describing those things in third person. If you're watching and describing other people, you can only imagine what they're feeling.

7. Texas_Red

Gold Member

The only thing that matters to me in general is that it's written well. If I had to pick I'd probably go with first person.

8. Flame

Flame New Member

Thank you for the advice :)

I think I will stay with first person for the moment then, as it is what comes naturally to me as I write.