First move

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by gaddes, Aug 22, 2007.

1. gaddes

gaddes New Member

Fellas, I am wanting your input and opinion on this. If you were in a restaurant eating alone and we notice each other and we are flirting from afar. If I were to walk over to your table and ask if I can join you for lunch, what would you do? Would you being a man have a problem with a woman making the first move? Just curious.

And for the Ladies, are you willing to make the first move in some cases? If you have any experience in this area please share.

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Back in the day, when I was still dating, I used to make the first move all the time. My "line" was, "Would you like to play strip darts?" Worked almost every time. :lol

3. gaddes

gaddes New Member

lol

that might still work

4. aussiebloke

aussiebloke New Member

I'd have no problem with that. I mean if I was taken obviously I would still be polite and go along with it, just wouldn't be responsive. But sure.

5. Maddox

Maddox New Member

I have no problem with it, I actually prefer girls to make the first move (I can be a shy guy at first, I need to take care of that...)

6. Hope80

Hope80 New Member

I'll never make the first move...way too shy to. I much prefere to be approached...and very chivalrously @ that.

7. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Thread moved.

Someone has to make the first move, and don't always plan for it to be the other person.

8. charged

charged New Member

Have no problem with the woman making the first move, matter of fact, I've had it happen several times.

9. superfan

superfan New Member

I woudn't have a problem, but I always thought the man should make the first move.

10. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

I prefer it actually.....

11. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

Making the first move has been the burden of the man forever and few women are willing to take it on. It takes guts and I applaud a woman willing to ask. If ask I would answer yes or no depending on what I wanted but I would NEVER be as nasty about it as some women I have met have been.:ughI just read that and thought how bitter it sounded. I didn't want it to be. Not all women are nice but then again not all men are nice either.

12. Dreama

Gold Member

I think it probably is sexy to a man, to have a confident women come up to him and make the first move. Go for it!

13. deckard_cain

deckard_cain New Member

Yeah, not to mention it helps alleviate the fact that men are characterized by their sexual *hunting* in western culture. Its nice to not feel like you are the only one who wants sex, you know? Especially around here in the Bible Belt, when I was in High School and still trying to get dates, I almost felt like women were disinterested and could care less about sexual affairs unless they were approached and talked into it. So, other than just feeling like a jerk for asking, I also didn't have any clue as to whether or not anyone was attracted to me. So yeah, it would be a good idea. Change is always good, even if we don't think it is immediately.

14. p00shy

p00shy New Member

A WOMAN MAKING THE FIRST MOVE MAKES EVERYTHING SO MUCH EASIER! so ladies, dont be afraid!

15. blue_bird

blue_bird New Member

i would love it if the women made the first move. unfortunately, it's never happened for me. i never make the first move. i don't have enough confidence to do so. as you can probably already tell, i'm stuck in this vicious death cycle of always being alone, haha.

16. eandvk

eandvk Member

When I was single I had no problems with a woman making the first move....even now that Im married I find it very complimentary......( I still got it)......:brow....but I also never had a problem with being the pursuiter!

17. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

More power to you, I'd love that.

18. ftheunion

ftheunion New Member

Women are picky about the guys they are attracted to, but they want the guys to do all the work. Women like it, or usually are flattered when the guy tells her he like her. It works way easier if the girl lets a guy know she likes him, cause guys are always after girls. Plus he might like you just because you like him, and all that biochemistry stuff.

19. bigballs69

bigballs69 New Member

i'd prefer a woman to make the first move it seems to bring things on a lot quicker, and i can be very shy so it helps a lot... but in my current relationship I've made almost all the first moves i'm proud of myself for that. I have been turned down a few times for different things but thats ok

20. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

ive always been shy, never ever really made the "1st move" in meeting someone. basically i was worried about what they would think of me etc. i wish i had the currage to do that back in my flirting years