First date in awhile

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by spector, Nov 6, 2015.

1. spector

spector Member

Hey guys and gals. I have a date tomorrow with a girl from work. It will be my first one in years and haven't had sex in that time either. Although we did go out a couple weeks ago and nothing happened, but I could feel the sexual tension and she's really been flirting when I see her. I'm thinking this may be different. She's quite a bit younger than me and attractive, but I'm in pretty good shape for my age and not bad looking either. I'm excited, but also nervous. I'm not sure what to expect. I'm hoping to at least get a kiss at some point. I am pretty sure she's attracted to me too. I guess my questions are where should I take her to eat? Should we go close to where she lives or closer to my house (about a half hour apart) just in case we have a drink or two and one thing leads to another (fingers crossed). If it does get to that point, I'm not sure about that either. With my last gf I had trouble finishing the first time we did it and it always did take me awhile too, but I guess that's better than being too quick. I'm hoping nature will take over and everything will work out. But then you have to worry about protection, ect and I hate those things (too tight) and didn't need them my last couple gf's. Anyway, probably getting way ahead of myself and overthinking things. Any advice?

2. whybother

Gold Member

Relax and have fun. Stop worrying.

3. LongwoodU

Gold Member

^^^^ this

4. HotForHoney

Gold Member

If you drive, you shouldn't have more than 1-2 drinks depending on what you eat/time out.
    Ask her what type of food she enjoys; decide on the place together.

As far as chemistry/sex goes, let it happen. You don't want to be too aggressive since you work with her.

ply and Amature like this.
  5. spector

spector Member

Thanks for the replies. I still haven't decided on a place or an actual time and if I should pick her up or meet, ect. I am just supposed to call or text her. I don't know when I should do it since we work 3rd and I just got up. I'm thinking I should probably text her sometime before morning so as not to disturb her family. So I take it just waiting until we meet to pick a place would be alright? My sister suggested I take her a rose, but that seems a little forward I think since I'm still not positive its going to be more of a friend thing or more romantic. But she usually isn't shy at all so I don't think it will take long to find out.

6. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Be yourself, careful with drinking and driving, and no movies - there is no interaction in there

7. spector

spector Member

Thanks for the advice, the date fell through though. She said she couldn't get a babysitter. Kind of waste of a day too since I couldn't sleep good, tossed and turned all morning probably nerves. So I just told her no problem, another time. We only have the weekend off every other week, but have some of the same days off during the week. Think I should just wait for another weekend or ask her if another day would be better.

8. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I'd ask her what works for her, when she'd like to get together

9. Amature

Gold Member

Well, I don't know. You still had a couple of options. Maybe pick up dinner and bring it to her place. Order a pizza to be delivered. Or, impress her with your culinary talents and fix dinner at her place. Just spend time together and get to know each other. That is easier done in a more quiet, personal atmosphere anyway.

TheCaramelLady likes this.
  10. HotForHoney

Gold Member

ply likes this.
  11. spector

spector Member

Yeah IDK, you may be right Woodster. I'm having mixed thoughts. For one thing the company policy does say relationships between supervisors and subordinates is strictly prohibited (although it doesn't say what would happen) and it goes on to say something like if a relationship does develop to let the supervisor know immediately so that possibly a transfer in department or shift may be warranted. It is a pretty good job and I've been there for awhile and since I'm the supervisor so I'm sure I'd be the one that may get in trouble. On the other hand, I asked both my mom and sister what they thought about dating her and they both seemed to not be too worried about the policy said. I mean who'd business is it what you do on your own time if you can keep it professional at work? But, it seems like it may be a hassle to actual meet very often because of her kids and current living situation as she already hinted she may be busy the next weekend we have off together in almost 2 weeks because of family issues. But having said all this, I am so attracted to her and we seem to have a connection, that I'm almost willing to risk it and take a chance.

12. spector

spector Member

Ok guys, what do you think I should do? I talked to her last weekend and asked when are we going to get together. She said, well we have all week. But I told her about us working opposite days all week until tonight. She then said well we have the weekend, but when on to say she may be busy with her new house (she just got a new place and has to clean, paint and move in and such for the next week or two) So should I go out and directly ask her again tonight or just ask what she's doing this weekend, if she'll have any time, ect. or should I let things cool awhile until she's settled?

13. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I think you say "if you need help I'm pretty handy, give me a call if you want" and let it go.

14. Nixie

Gold Member

Ooh, that would definitely score points with me - go with that!! :)

15. xtacy4

Gold Member

YES.

Nixie likes this.
  16. ply

ply
    Gold Member

And don't forget your roofies at home. Advice from Bill

17. spector

spector Member

Well I asked if she was still busy this weekend and she said yeah, but something to the effect of what do you have in mind? So we decided on dinner and she wants to go to a place right by my house! I don't think she knows I live almost across the street, but she knows I live in town. We still haven't set a definite time or anything. I'm assuming I should pick her up even though its about a half hour each way unless she offers to meet or something. I still don't know what to think, maybe she just wants something to eat, but then again I wouldn't think you would go out with someone if you didn't like them to some extent. She does tend to make sexual comments quite often (not directly, but kind of jokenly), but other times act kind of shy and make comments of not liking to be touched.

So what do you think, call or text her tonight to finalize plans (and hope she doesn't cancel again). btw, should I give her a rose or something or is that outdated, open car doors, ect. and what to say or do if the dinner seems to go well? I know you are not supposed to expect or do too much on a first date (but I guess technically this would be number 2). Sorry for all the questions, but like I said its been years since I've had a gf and don't want to mess this up as I probably won't get to many more shots at a younger, attractive lady like this. Of course its not ideal with the work situation and her having kids and still trying to get divorced, ect., but then again I think I have to stop worrying so much and just live more for the moment.

18. lbushwalker

Gold Member

19. spector

spector Member

I give up. I texted her this morning to see if she still wanted to meet up and no reply. I know she's busy moving and stuff, but why say yes in the first place or don't reply and say its not a good day or something? Do you guys think I should text or call her later and ask whats up or just let it go and see what she says when I see her at work?

20. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Dude you don't even know she saw your text. Don't assume anything!
    All the same be patient and let her come back to you because you don't want to come across as obsessive which of course you are ;)