Firefox

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by m.e.69, Jan 21, 2007.

1. m.e.69

m.e.69 New Member

Ok this might sound weird but mi never heard of firefox until i joined this forum. I would like some more insight on firerox. I know its a browser but want more info. Witch do you use firefox or internet explorer and why.

2. Jayce

Gold Member

I use firefox. The reason I do is because it's more stable than internet explorer. On top of that, firefox is more secure as well. When I used to run windows, I tested each browser for 1 week. I ran each browser for 7 days and did a spyware scan using Adaware SE Personal. IE yielded about 200 spyware at the end of those 7 days. Firefox on the other hand yielded only 8 or 9 spyware files.

Plus, it has tabbed browsing. I can have only ONE browser open, but have many different web sites open by different tabs.

In short, just get firefox. It's much better than IE. It's very well rounded, easy to use, more secure, and more stable.

Note: You cannot delete internet explorer. Internet explorer is part of the windows operating system, and comes with the entire platform. The only thing you can do, and really need to do if you want to use firefox, is to set firefox as your default browser. Besides that, you're good to go.

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Firefox, because it's about a million times better.