Firefox 3.0 download day has arrived!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heelfetish, Jun 18, 2008.

1. heelfetish

Gold Member

For those that prefer the Firefox browser to IE, or for those that have never used it, you can participate in Firefox's attempt at breaking a World record for the most downloads in a single day by downloading Firefox 3.0 today!

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord

2. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

:cheer

I wish I had time to download on all 8 puters.

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

I'll try it. I use FF for surfing any time I want the history, etc. to wipe when I close the browser.

I use Opera or IE7 for most other stuff. Since I stay logged on as administrator, I run them all restricted with [dropmyrights.exe]. I use DMR for Outlook too, so when e-mail links open a browser, it opens restricted. I forgot about it the other day when I kept failing to install a Flash upgrade... DOH!

Can't you download it just once and transfer it to the others using a flash drive or CD? I guess they aren't networked, or that would do the trick too.

4. SeVIIn

SeVIIn New Member

Ah the day has finally arrived! Go Firefox!

5. erosexpressions

erosexpressions New Member

Figures that this happened when Comcast was still dicking us around with no internet service. *Sighs* Oh well. I think the 30 machines at the store all downloading it helped a bit instead

6. igor

Gold Member

Supposed to be a new version of IE also. I like Firefox but it takes forever to load.

7. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

The Swede just installed it for me yesterday and I love, love, love it....highly recommended!

8. Kanto

Kanto Member

I do love firefox (except for cookie management, I'll get to that in a sec), but as a general rule I never run the first new version of anything. Always wait and let all the other users find the bugs/holes.

As for cookies, Netscape 6 used to have a cool feature that let you choose "always", "this once", "no", and "never" whenever you'd get a new cookie. It was a lot easier than going into the security options on a regular basis to build up your block-list.

9. erosexpressions

erosexpressions New Member

Firefox 3 loads quite fast and its memory footprint has also dropped amazingly. So much for their "no memory leaks" BS. The next version of IE, eight, won't be out for quite a while.