Finding New Love

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Snake21605, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Snake21605

Snake21605 New Member

I recently ended my relationship of 3 years. I am a 19 year old male and want to know how I can start getting back in the game. I live at home while going to College full time and have a part time job. Since I cannot socialize at a bar and bringing them back to 'my place' is my parents house, I think it will be hard to get back into dating. Any advice?

2. Dreama

Gold Member

One, try to move out of your parent's house, ASAP, if that's inhibiting you. I know you probably don't want to hear that, but it's really the best thing you can do. Other than that, keep your eyes open for people you might like while at work or college. Good luck!

3. MaxLong

MaxLong New Member

Living with your parents at 19 isn't really an issue - while obviously everyone here thinks about the sexual aspect, your financial health is important too :)

The best advice is the simplest advice... go out. Doesn't matter where, go to the spots you feel like going with your friends, just don't be shy about the best pick up line ever "Hi, I'm <insert name>". Confidence (and no silly lines) can go a long way.

While you can't use your house, theres always cars, or if you absolutely need a bed, a friends place maybe, or even a motel.

4. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Just meet people the way you'd normally meet people. I've never met anyone truly worthwhile when I was looking (and certainly not in a bar)...it was always when I wasn't even *looking* per se that I met people who were keepers, both good friends and romantic interests.

On the bar scene...if you just want to get laid, that might be a decent choice (I honestly cannot say...I never was a "pick-up artist"). If you're looking for a meaningful relationship...well, probably not the best place IMO.

BD

5. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

What's the issue with your parents house?

Do your parents now want women staying over or do you think women would find it a turn off?

6. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Well, he might be embarrassed if his parents heard the women he brought back yelling and screaming at him to show their passion. :lol;):D

BD

7. MaxLong

MaxLong New Member

Never know, they might be beaming with parental pride!

"I knew we taught him right! I'm gonna buy him a sex swing for his birthday!"

8. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I was actually teasing Sarah about a prior thread...but that's pretty damn funny too! :lol

BD

9. Snake21605

Snake21605 New Member

The thing with the parents house are the two problems stated above. One they are not the kind of parents that let me have a girl stay over (not even my g/f of 3 years), that and I do NOT want it to be a turn off for the girl. I want to try and get somewhere, start a relationship and move on. I just don't know how to do this seeing as I cannot afford to live on my own, nor do I want to kill any chances I have with other women by bringing them home to mommy and daddy....

10. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

so be discreet then. Mine never minded boys staying over but even when I was a teenager I was mature enough not to throw it in their faces.

It might be worth your while asking your parents surely they know your sexually active. It would be a pity to move out just so you can start shagging.

11. cbrmale

Gold Member

I'll echo Sarah in that (as a parent) I've given my teenagers an open door to have partners stay over. It would be too hypocritical by half to pretend my teenage children aren't doing what I was doing. If you haven't asked, it's worth a try. On the other hand, parent's in this situation need to be discreet, and you know your parents better than us,

Otherwise you're in a bind that I can't think of an answer to, unless you start a relationship with a girl who has her own place.