Finding a sex partner easier for a man or woman

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Amature, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Amature

Gold Member

my wife and I were watching some TV show today and somehow the discussion of whether it's easier for a man or woman to find a sex partner came up. I've always thought it easier for a woman because I always thought most men were usually interested in sex anytime they could get it (assuming they were single and available of course). She disagrees. I'm not sure why she thinks this, our discussion was interrupted and we never thought to continue it. Maybe my chovonistic attitude is showing. I don't know. In my personal experience I've tried striking up conversations before with hopes of at least maybe getting a date with little success. And I've never had a woman hit on me (that I recall or recognized anyway). What do you think? Is it easier for a man or woman? Or equally difficult?

sensless likes this.
  2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

It's might have something to do with the pick-up location.
    Bar vs reading group :)

Amature likes this.
  3. HotForHoney

Gold Member

It prob comes down to standards. Who you are willing to say yes to.

Amature likes this.
  4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

It is neither easy nor hard for whichever gender, it just requires the right mutual circumstances.

Caljoe and HotForHoney like this.
  5. 12barblues

Gold Member

Pretty sure that any woman could go out to a club and leave with a sexual partner 7 nites a week. ... Pretty sure

6. Barent

Verified Gold Member

Women have much more opportunity, for sex on demand.

7. sensless

Gold Member

I'd say it's much easier for a woman. The only problem is finding men we actually want to fuck. And the fact a man wants to fuck you doesn't mean he wants to love you.

I can share my experience. Everytime I go out at night, I get men and women hitting on me. But the ones who are available are in their twenties. Men my age are in a relationship and I don't want somebody else's man. When I do meet men my age who are single or divorced, they're interested. But most men my age are taken. The women who hit on me, I don't pursue, because I still prefer to fuck men.

My man goes out and he has never, ever had a woman hit on him. When he approaches one, he's either friend zoned, or he just gets a no. He's an intelligent, fit, sportive man with a nice body and fantastic personality.

By the things I hear and he tells me, there are many single women where he goes, but they are not interested in one night stands. They want to find a husband, which is fair enough, since his favorite age group is thirties and forties. And women in their twenties, they're always in unapproachable groups of a few girls who don't respond to his presence.

I don't hit on men, mostly, and it comes from the fact that as a woman, you don't have to. There are always guys coming to you. Between long term relationships, I'd go out more often and every night I'd be approached by interesting men. They'd come before I had the chance to decide on one man to go for. It must be told, I'm very friendly and when a person smiles to me, I smile back. And when a person talks to me, I'm friendly back.

ply, Unomike2, loves2ride and 6 others like this.
  8. Caljoe

Gold Member

It depends on how old you are. Among older people, men have the advantage because there are more men than women. As I have written in other threads, my late wife was a swinger when I met her. She was middle aged, had been divorced for some time, had a high libido, and wasn't looking for an intimate relationship, so being in a swing group was a good way for her to have all the sex she wanted. Single men would fly her clear across the country to attend a swing convention since it was couples only and they couldn't attend without her. So, single women who swing can write their own ticket.

loves2ride likes this.
  9. Sashame

Gold Member

Women, without a doubt. How about starting when a woman walks out the door of their house! That is why there are so many guys here and much fewer women. Guys are all over women, women can pick and choose as they wish, all day and night! I love you!

HazHardHat and loves2ride like this.
  10. minskminx

Gold Member

Well each person here has only one perspective so it is difficult to answer this question. However I think it is easier for women, this might be a generalisation but most men want sex with most women most of the time, at least more so than women's attitude to men.

When I went to bars and clubs I dismissed almost any man who approached me. I always felt, I didn't pick you, you picked me. Why should I restrict myself to guys that approach me? I will pick who I like, I don't want to be passive about selecting a partner just because I am a woman. Also I believe (STRONGLY!) that nice guys approach women less than pricks.

Anyway I have found that if, as a woman, you approach a man in too forward a way they are often intimidated Men like to be the hunter but when the tables are turned they often react surprisingly.

I learned it is much more successful to approach a man and encourage him to catch you rather than being very forward.

11. thrillseekeruk

Gold Member

I love being hunted by the way

12. Caljoe

Gold Member

Yes, there is an old saying, "He chased her until she caught him!"

13. BunnyHole

Gold Member

Depends what you're looking for, most people of either sex can find sex pretty easily if they try hard enough. And if they have zero standards. That's quite key.

Popular belief is that men will have sex with 'anything' so to speak. Some guys also have some standards.

One night stands though are definiitely more about looks. Finding quick sex i'd say it is actually equally as hard to do for both males and females. Unless someone is very drunk ( that's both people involved ) lol. Most people looking for sex on a one night stand aim for the better looking people. Unless you are those better looking people. As I said it is going to be about as equally tough for both male and females to find quick sex in those circumstances.

14. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

I think it just depends on the individual. Some people just find it easier than other. I am not sure that it makes a difference if you are male or female.

BunnyHole likes this.
  15. BunnyHole

Gold Member

True. Confidence as usual has a big part to play for male an female. Almost no matter what a person may or may not look like.

Some people are just more successful, and they are not always really good looking! Sometimes not even close.

16. Unomike2

Gold Member

Last I heard, in Key West FL., there were 9 women to every man. If the guy isn't gay, he usually wasn't single for very long as the ladies fight over men down there.

17. Nixie

Gold Member

I think I've just decided on my next holiday destination! :)

ply likes this.
  18. Unomike2

Gold Member

Make it an adventure! C-string bikini required!

19. Nixie

Gold Member

Nah, I'm not going to attract the type of woman I fancy wearing a C-string bikini. I think I'll stick with my 50s retro black and white polka dot bathing costume - tends to do the trick. ;) :D

20. Unomike2

Gold Member

Go for it! Both sexes will be chasing you.