Few questions about birth control.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by stargirl20, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stargirl20

stargirl20 New Member

Hello everyone! First time posting on this site and had a few questions.

My first question is I’ve been on birth control (orth tri-cyclen lo) for four months now and always take my pill at 8:00pm. Since I’m changing jobs I will have to take it earlier. I was wonder when I start a new pack I can switch times right? I’m pretty sure I can I just wanted to make sure. My next question is my boyfriend and I use birth control, condoms, and I have a tilted uterus. I was wondering what is the likelihood of me getting pregnant?

Thanks in advance!

2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

You should be fine if you switch times when you start your new pack. I was told by my doctor it was best to take it the same time everyday, but your body has an hour time frame before or after. So, I would think it would be fine if you started changing the time with a new pack since you would be off of pills for a week.

As for being able to get pregnant with a tilted uterus, it is very much possible & of course you know that condoms are not 100% effective. Therefore the pill & condoms will lower your chances signifcantly. Back to the tilted uterus, it is very common for women to have that & many women are able to birth children with that. I know my mother had that problem & she was still able to carry me through out her pregnancy, but it wasn't easy for her...but she other problems along with that too.

Hope that helps you!

3. Logger

Gold Member

Dear Star,

Welcome to SF.

Do you use any spermicidal lubricants? I think Ramses makes a spermicidal lubricant. Might make things easier and safer both. I insert a good helping into my wife before sex. I use a foam inserting tube, to get more up there. As love continues, the spermicidal jelly comes out a little at a time, and I use a once worn T-shirt to wipe up the extra jelly.

I used to use Kormex jelly, but I think it is off the market for some reason.

The size of inserter that I use is about 1/2 Inch diameter, and I have not seen that large a size in years. Many of the inserting plunger tuges are smaller diameter, and do not get much lubricant up there.

Blessings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.