Fetish/BDSM clubs

Discussion in 'Sexual Fetishes and Fantasies' started by xeniadraven, May 17, 2013.

1. xeniadraven

Gold Member

Since the age of 18 I was a regular visitor to fetish clubs and BDSM nights. I kind of fell into the scene really through friends etc. I feel like this has had a huge impact of my sexual preferences and openness to experimenting.

It has also had a negative effect for a time where "vanilla" just didnt cut it. I was wondering if anyone else does attend/has attended things like this and found it a positive or negative experience?

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I used to frequent one in my area every weekend. It was amazing and really opened my eyes to a lot of the fetishes and sexual kinks that I never even knew existed. It absolutely paved my way to becoming a more sexually liberated adult.

I don't feel that it's really had any negative impact on me at all. Yes, "vanilla" experiences can be kind of dull but I also realize that not everybody knows, likes or even understands a lot of the kink that we in the bdsm/fetish community experience.

I will say this though. Some of this best friends I have ever known and some of the most amazing people come from this community. They may look different or strange or to some, a little off putting, but they are truly amazing. Being able to be part of a community where you are literally surrounded by the most understanding and least judgmental people is truly amazing. We allow one another into the most personal aspects of our lives and that is something that a lot of folks hold close.

Good for you for being so open minded :)

3. ginger

Gold Member

"fetish clubs and BDSM nights"

When we going then :D

4. xeniadraven

Gold Member

I agree Mitts some of the people you meet in the scene are amazing soulful and passionate. The freedom of expression is one of a kind and an atmosphere free of judgement allows you to explore sides of you that most people allow to remain dormant.

Ginger I'm not sure if you would cope. You haven't experienced my Dom persona ........yet ;)

5. sexydave

sexydave New Member

WOuld like to find out how to find one of those clubs.. much untravelled sexual interests

6. xeniadraven

Gold Member

Best thing to do is look on the Internet. Lots of "normal" clubs play host to fetish nights. Some of the bdsm forums will help too x

7. Anotherday

Gold Member

Getting started late in life into things Kink, I've only visited one club thus far. It was a public club where they were holding a predicament bondage demo night. My wife and I visited just a few weeks ago and had a great time there.

Another obstacle and the main one for us now is that we live in a rural area where the closest clubs to us are a 3-4 hour drive, which makes it a big deal to attend. If not for that I'd say we'd be happy to attend regularly. We'd love to take some rope classes regularly and experience some impact from others if we knew them well enough.

And then not being able to be "vetted" through starting at more public venues leaves us without a chance of attending the private clubs.

As many have stated above the atmosphere, the people attending, all of it surprised me as to how relaxed everything was, how welcoming the members were, and comfortable it all was once we got over the initial jitters.

8. sabian

sabian New Member

We have not tried anything like this but are totally up for it.... We need to start doing some research, lol.. We have always talked and thought about such kink... and just the outcome of the conversations.. have been amazing. So yes.. this is for sure something we are going to try. I would love to hear more about everyone's experience.. thanks..

9. Arawdicah

Arawdicah New Member

how did u find such a club? I think that (sub-dom) role play can be the way 2 balance ha/ah n2 an ah-ha moment of X2c, as well realizing denied sexual desires that may prove 2B more 2 ones true tastes.

10. SWOJLO

Gold Member

Use your real words, it gives the rest of us something worth while to read.

11. Arawdicah

Arawdicah New Member

sorry, those (r) "are" my words! didn't know you (u) couldn't read them that way, but if u want to read words this way, u may wnt2 read the erotic wrightings Nstead.

12. Mittimer

Gold Member

Write properly not like you're texting. That is not too much to ask from someone who claims to be an adult.

13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I also detest txt writings on SF.
    It is a sign of disrespect for the language, laziness and laxity of thinking.
    *rant* pet hate of mine!

14. Anotherday

Gold Member

We've visited another club since this thread began. Had a great time.

I just wish it wasn't such a long ride/ordeal to get to one.

If we were closer I think we'd be much more active at them.