Female pubic hair removal questions

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by igor, Oct 12, 2008.

1. igor

Gold Member

OK - I'd like to convince the wife to shave (or at least trim) down there. She doesn't want to out of fear of irritation afterwards. So, gals, how do you deal with this or prevent it?

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Here is my experience:

Shaving is my least favorite, because it causes the most irritation. She should exfoliate the entire area first, and shave in the direction of hair growth. Always use a brand new razor, or a ladies electric wet/dry shaver. (I get best results with this. Plus is has a pop-up trimmer which is a bonus). I like Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Shave the Day Cream. It is non -irritating.

I don't have problem with cream hair removers if I use the type for sensitive skin, but there is still irritation when growth recurs.

The best option for going hair-free without irritation is to get a full brazilian bikini wax. It hurts like crazy, but once it is over, it is sooooo smooth, and stays that way a couple of weeks. There is some minor skin irritation that goes away overnight.

Hope this helps, and I hope she decides to do the deed! :)

3. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

I always have problems with irritation and have tried a multitude of products...

So far Legole is the best by far. I shaved on Saturday and by now I would scratching like crazy, but I haven't even noticed any discomfort.... it is an Aussie product, but stores may stock it over there.

You could always just trim, as that wont hurt or irritate.

4. glippert

glippert New Member

Try shaving yourself what is good for the goose is good for the gander and then who knows she might like it then try it herself besides what have you got to loose besides a few hairs :)

5. Trixi

Trixi New Member

I use one of those newfangled razors with 4 blades and a gel shaving cream. Makes me very smooth and I don't have a problem with irritation, but the danged hair grows so fast it needs to be done about every 2 days. I wonder how much one of those "brazilians" cost and if it really lasts a couple of weeks. That'd be great. Anyway, with practice, I can shave in well under 5 minutes, so it's no big deal.

I really like being shaved. In addition to you not getting hair in your teeth or on the back of your tongue, tell your wife that it makes cleanup for her so much easier. Much easier to do a quick wash and dry. I used to use a hairdryer to dry myself up. :lol

Another suggestion is to experiment and just shave a little to see if it causes her a problem. The only place that might cause some irritation and shaving bumps, for ME at least, is the upper front thighs next to the pubic area. The new 4-blade razors and shaving gel seem to have just about completely alleviated that problem for me.

6. boredbuddy

boredbuddy New Member

Well, trimming, if she doesn't already trim and keeping the hair around a 1/4" won't cause irritation at all, it's like getting your hair cut. I like to shave, I've been doing it so long with a mach 3 razor and whatever brand of sensitive skin men's shaving creame happens to be in the house that it doesn't matter anymore I rarely get itchy or ingrown hairs. The ideal would be to wax, it's actually something that can be done at home and your wife could do just a small test patch, on her leg even, but going to a pro will probably be less pain and it shouldn't be outrageously expensive, maybe $100 tops depending on where you live and who you go to.

I'm very seriously considering electrolisis and lazer hair removal on my pubes and armpits, with what I spend on waxing/shaving equipment each month I could easily afford it, idk it's something to look into.

7. Trixi

Trixi New Member

I forgot to mention that I always finish off after shaving by applying coconut oil and rubbing it in well. That could be what keeps me free of irritation.

8. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Total brazilian here is about $50. I have really sensitive skin, so I might try that coconut oil.....

9. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

Using a trimmer to just shorten hairs won't irritate her. Google personal shaver trimmer and you'll find some. As far as shaving goes one defense against irritation is to keep it smooth so touch up daily in the shower.

10. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

there is a product called coochy, It works awesome for razor burns, bumps, and the itchies. Also if she is just trimming she really shouldn't have to much irritation. i hope you find something that works good for her!

11. igor

Gold Member

OK - thanks all for your thoughts on this important matter:bow

12. whatsup2008

whatsup2008 New Member

my wife goes with Brazilian...first time was a bit painful but she has been great ever since..those Brazilians know what they are doing

13. freki

freki New Member

My wife uses Magic shaving powder. It does wonders for her extra sensitive skin and gives an absolute smooth finish.

14. Katprr

Katprr New Member

I have been shaving since it started growing. Anyway soaking in a warm bath for about 20minutes helps to losen the hair, along with always using a brand new razor. They do make "Coochy cream" which is a wonderful product. The product leaves the area smooth. Also to help with no irratation. Although unless she is going to shave every day when the hair starts to grow back it will become bothersome.
    I shave everyday and it is just part of my normal routine anymore. The more you shave and keep up on it the less irration there is.
    Good Luck!!!

15. eandvk

eandvk Member

My wife uses my Braun electric shaver, she uses the trimmer thats on the side of it and not the foil...it gets her pretty smooth and she never has any itchies later on. Takes her all of 3-4 minutes.

16. saraseasprite

saraseasprite New Member

What Kat said....if you do it daily, eventually the irritation goes away.

Shaving is still not perfect....I get stubblies by evening and I wish it were smoother, but I don't like the price of the brazilian.

17. vickisam

vickisam New Member

I use the Pussy Shaver.

I trim the growth with the trimmer and then use the shaver on the stubble. The trick here is that its a dry shaver. NO WATER and no irritation and no read bumps or ingrown hairs. I use it every day because I have darker hair. Been using it religiously for over two years now. I love it, hubby loves it, sex partners love it. No fuss, no muss.

Clean it as instructed. oh, I use it on hubby too! We are both bald down there. neither of us like the little curlies while we are eating! :) :) :)

V

18. zkolia

zkolia New Member

man, mow that lawn before HOA gives u a citation. :phat

19. max1134

max1134 New Member

I like enought so I dont think I am fucking a 13 yo. Girls leave a little down there.

20. cbrmale

Gold Member

Total removal of female pubic hair was standard practice in ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. It died out after the fall of the Roman empire, only to re-emerge during the middle ages, when the crusaders returned from the middle east, discovering that the Koran instructs Muslim women to remove their pubic hair. Female pubic hair removal had largely died out by the nineteenth Century in the West, but not totally, only to return in the 1980s. So it has been more common than not, and the non-removal of female pubic hair is the abberation, not the rule.