Female orgasm causes pregancy?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by cbachinger, Nov 27, 2007.

1. cbachinger

cbachinger New Member

After a few times having sex and me asking her everytime (as a kind gesture) how she felt and that she felt good; she always said yes but then finally explains that she actually 'blocks' her orgasm and experiences just a little pleasure.

I asked her why because that is one of the main points in having sex. She explained to me that her doctor told her that having an orgasm can increase the chance of pregnancy and she obviously didnt want to get pregnant.

I tried to show my understanding at first but then when talking about it more, tried to explain to her that from all the GK books that i have read on sex, i have never heard of anything so bizarre as that and coming from a doctor. You need an egg from the woman and a sperm from the man to meet up - thats all there is to it - nature does the rest.

Maybe there is something i have missed along the way but i wanted to tell her that her doctor has unfortunately lied to her and is basically preventing her from having pleasure during sexual intercourse. This sounds like 'torture' for a woman who is told to control her orgasm!

I hope to get confirmation to support this claim that i want to tell her.

...or am i wrong?

2. Dreama

Gold Member

That is totally absurd. But, are you using protection? I certainly hope so...But, as for your question, that is totally wrong. Orgasm doesn't increase the risk of pregnancy.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

I'm no doctor, but I have read, or seen on TV, or dreamt, I dunno, that the contractions of the female orgasm serve to draw sperm into the reproductive tract where the egg awaits fertilization. Maybe that is what the doctor was trying to tell your g/f..BUT, if you are using a condom to prevent pregnancy, that is a moot point.

4. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

After having a similar conversation with a former girlfriend she explained that when a man orgasms, his muscle contractions are designed to "force outwards" so to speak.
    However, when a woman orgasms, her pussy tightens and her contractions tend to "draw in" or try to "milk" whatever is inside her....as if she wants every last drop sort of thing.....
    Whilst I realise that most fertile women will get pregnant wether they orgasm or not she said it was just one of the little things nature does to help us along.

5. heelfetish

Gold Member

It is true to a point. My wife and I had difficulty conceiving our first (and only) child, and this was one of the methods we were told about by our doctor. CL and HW are correct, the contractions of the muscles during the female orgasm are designed to draw the semen into the reproductive tract.

That said, she won't avoid pregnancy by avoiding orgasm. It serves as an AID to pregnancy, it does not cause pregnancy. So long as she is using birth control properly, it will be a MUCH better protection against pregnancy than worrying about her orgasm. :)

6. Dreama

Gold Member

yeah, I can see how it could aid pregnancy, but cause it? I don't think it would. But, if you're using protection, does it matter?

7. lifespoetry

lifespoetry New Member

I've never heard of that....

8. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm almost speechless. Every woman including yours deserves orgasms! The orgasm is the delicious icing on the cake. The cake might still taste good without the icing, but it's pretty dry and boring without it.

It's true that orgasms might make it physically easier for the sperm to reach the eggs, but that's no reason to actually prevent oneself from having an orgasm. For goodness sake, that's what birth control and protection are for.

9. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Man invented birth control for a reason....

10. igor

Gold Member

Yup - that's what I have been told also.

11. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I got pregnant as a teen (couple of times.... long story) without EVER having an orgasm.

I would like to give the "doctor" the benefit of the doubt, and think that perhaps he was simply making a statement about the above mentioned sucking in aspects - which, btw I have never heard about - but I'm older than dirt.... But my gut feeling tells me this "doctor" was attempting to control her sexual satisfaction.

that just sucks!

12. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I agree very bizarre. Use birth control and enjoy orgasms is what I say.

13. cbachinger

cbachinger New Member

I thank you all for your most interesting correspondents and points of fact.

As stated by Rose, i seriously felt that the doctor was trying (in a way) to stop my g/f from experiencing and enjoying orgasms. I mean, to train yourself not to feel an orgasm sounds like torture to me!
    Puss_in_Boots also put it very well; sex without an orgasm is like a cake with no icing.

14. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

I have come across a few recent reports on the internet (which does not make them very crediable for me) where the orgasms a female has correlated with the probability of conception. These are statistical correlational reports which look at two factors orgasm and conception. Does this mean if you do not orgasm you cannot get pregnant absolutely not! Furthermore does it mean if you do not orgasm it provides an explanation for infertility, again no. What it may mean there is a potential relationship between orgams and the probability of conception. We all know you need ovulation, an viable egg, and viable sperm to become pregnant. Orgams seem to make the environment more favorable for conception to occur if the woman is ovualting.

I notice you list your location as China and this explains a lot. Provided that the doctor actually made the statement it is quite likely that the doctor is misinformed, your partner misunderstood what the doctor said, or the doctor has their own beliefs which they are trying to install on your partner. Second explanation is that your partner is worried about becoming pregnant especially with China's one chlid policy and does not know how to communicate that to you. Are you aware if your current partner has already had a child? If they have already had one child it may explain alot.

15. cbachinger

cbachinger New Member

Interesting that you point out fact again; that you need a woman to be ovulating to allow the theory that orgasms aid with pregnancy events.

I am actually due to be in china in 2 days (1 December) but i am in Thailand. But it is true that through an unfortunate rape incident my g/f does have an infant child and at the age of 23, she does not want to have another 1...just yet. I think that its a combination of being informed in a strange way by the doctor or she herself is taking extra careful measures not to be pregnant.

But there doesnt seem to be any valid reason why she has to prevent the pleasure of having an orgasm everytime; only during her ovulation period.

16. Rose

Gold Member

So, are you (or her) opposed to Birth Control measures? Perhaps I missed any reference to that part of your sexual decisions.

17. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, you are on some sort of birth control or using condoms, right?

18. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I think someone has been mis-informed here.
    All the answers given here are right.
    But the most important one was birth control starts with a
    pill or a condom.
    Also I may add that the Womon I love always has Her orgasm
    before I do, So in theory their is no eggs in their to suck up.
    I think i would invest in a good sex book for Her.

Hiker

19. Rose

Gold Member

I probably misunderstood the above mentioned statement. The orgasm of a woman doesn't 'flush' an egg out.

The ovulation process is a normal cycle, and a woman is rather fertile for approximately a day or so after the mature egg is released from one of her ovaries. If sperm connects and bonds with the little guy during that time, it begins to grow and attaches itself to the lining of the uterus. If not, the egg dies and her body absorbs the material.... her uterus lining sheds (menstrual period) - and the cycle starts all over again.

20. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I think Hiker meant to type there's no sperm to be sucked up.