Female led marriage (flm)

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by travis beck, Jan 8, 2016.

1. travis beck

Gold Member

My wife recently found out that some of our friends practice FLM, and have for a few years now. We have agreed to try this for 30 days and see how it goes. Is there anyone out there that has experience with this? I'd love to chat and find out about your experience.

2. Nixie

Gold Member

I have to admit I've never heard that term before, so I googled it. I'm not really sure why this is considered a "practice" as opposed to any other sort of relationship arrangement. I find the fact that it's even a "term" to be rather odd, as in many relationships there is often one person who tends to take more control than the other, regradless of their gender. And in other cases (I'd say most?) it's shared equally.

But if you mean a sort of Domme/sub relationship, where the Domme controls her submissive male partner, then yeah - that's different. ;) xx

CLE32793, Sexy Strip, 10_3XL and 3 others like this.
  3. travis beck

Gold Member

Is this something you have done long term, or just in play settings?

4. Nixie

Gold Member

FLM? No, I don't do marriage. But Domme/sub relationships? Definitely, with all genders.

However, being pansexual, I don't usually fit into the M/F category that questions like this are applied to, haha. So I'm probably not the best person to ask. I just replied as I thought it was funny that a "practice" has been constructed around the idea that a woman can be in charge in a relationship as opposed to a man - as if this is such a bizarre concept that it needs its own label. ;) xx

CLE32793, 10_3XL and sensless like this.
  5. sensless

Gold Member

If I understood it correctly, I'd say that leadership is a natural skill. I'd think it difficult to shift the dynamics within a couple at will. Mainly if they'd been together for a long time.

Interesting experiment.

6. travis beck

Gold Member

I agree. So far, it's been arousing and frustrating on my part, but the sex has been great. For us, it's more her manipulating when and how I cum, not just during playtime, but overall. The rest of our marriage dynamic remains the same.

7. sensless

Gold Member

Oh, I didn't get it that way. Have fun!

travis beck likes this.
  8. Nixie

Gold Member

In what way?

9. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I've always been in "Female Led Relationships" - to the point that some people'd probably call them codependent. :confused:

petergozinya likes this.
  10. afunk13

Gold Member

Your title would be wrong then if it only pertains to sex and not the rest of your marriage.

lbushwalker likes this.
  11. Sexy Strip

Gold Member

It sounds like you are experimenting with a sort of dom/sub relationship, a true flm is one where the woman controls everything.

12. travis beck

Gold Member

It is a Dom/sub relationship. Reading about the various levels, I'm not sure how you could have a relationship where one partner controls everything.

13. Sexy Strip

Gold Member

As unlikely as it sounds they exist.

CLE32793 likes this.
  14. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

So I guess I'll be that guy that has to ask; how exactly is this different from any other heterosexual relationship if as a man you're not rich or famous? Lol

travis beck likes this.
  15. travis beck

Gold Member

Lol. For us, it is more about her control of sex and my orgasms. We still have sex, kinky sex. I just can't masturbate during the day and by the time I'm home, all I want is her. It's been frustrating at times, but the sex is better so far. I understand there are multiple levels of this and we aren't there.

16. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

OK...so basically you're living the life of every guy with a prudish gf/wife/SO, except the sex is kinkier?

17. travis beck

Gold Member

Kinkier and daily.

CLE32793 likes this.
  18. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

More power to ya buddy..you seem to like it, reportedly she loves it..so I can't hate on that.

CLE32793 and travis beck like this.
  19. DayPlay3

Gold Member

Woman control all relationships. They are so good at it men don't realize it.
    ;)

CLE32793 likes this.
  20. petergozinya

Gold Member

I was married for 25 yrs to my soul mate. She was wonderful, beautiful and a bitch and she would be the first to admit it. We owned a few small businesses and we found that I was good at the daily management and she was good at bookkeeping. It was a power struggle for a few years realizing this. When were home I would be more submissive ( just so you yungin's relate) , she managed me. I was comfortable with that for many years. She would say on days off "what are you going to do today?' I'd say " I'm going to play golf with Greg, come home barbeque a butterfly lamb roast and drink whiskey!" she'd say "WTF! You need to paint your daughters room, weed the garden with me and then cook the Roast!!" I'd say " Fuck too! I'm golfing!!!". Anger, time for compromise. " okay, I'll weed the garden before I golf and cook the roast. I'll get paint for her room tomorrow and we'll have our neighbors over for the roast tonight" Done Deal! Is that what you call a FLM.? LMAO! God rest her soul, she passed away from a heart attack. You ladies check you're blood pressure frequently!!! P. S. I did paint the room the next day!! I miss her always!!!

travis beck likes this.