Feeling weird.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Dreama, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Dreama

Gold Member

Why is it that for the last week, I've been feeling like I'd really like a baby? I'm not lonely, or anything, and I love my life as it is for the most part. But, I've just really been over enamored with the thought of a child, which is totally out of character for me. I've never wished for kids before, and logically I know that hubby and I are not ready for kids, especially since we're in college. Is this a hormonal thing that might pass soon? Do others experience this? I mean, last night I had a dream that I adopted a baby, and I was so happy. When I woke up, I was really sad. Anyway, is there anything I can do to make this stop? I'm not going to make a move to get pregnant, at all. But, this feeling is very new, and actually really scary. Any advice, guys?

2. bsxy420

Gold Member

its just your baby clock going off....mines went off a couple of times....not much you can do to make it stop, well that i know of..

3. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

In the past I've felt like that, but mainly I channelled it into my nieces and nephews. Hubbie and I have decided that I'm going to come off the pill round about november and just let myself get pregnent slow time. to be honest it scares the shit out of me. I know I want kids but it just generates crazy emotions in me whenever I think about it.

As for the feelings you're having Dreama it sounds like you've worked out in your head a plan for any future family you might have, I think thats the best way to deal with it. let your head rather that your heart take charge.

4. evman

evman New Member

Becoming a parent is very frightening. They don't come with manuals. Knowing that you are responsible for everything in that child's life is a big deal. That being said there is no greater joy in this world as having a child. I have four and not a day goes by that they don't make us laugh one way or another. No amount of money can by the entertainment that children will provide you with. You will be amazed at how much enjoyment you can get out of just watching your child sleep. I had always heard and found it to be true that you never really know love until you have a child. To steal one of the armed forces commercials, "It's the toughest job you're ever going to love!"

I wouldn't change being a parent for anything.

5. Dreama

Gold Member

Good advice guys. Yeah, I know I do not need the responsibility of a baby, and I'm just going to have to get used to trying to channel my energy elsewhere. But, maybe someday, I actually will have kids. It's funny. I've never considered it until now.

6. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Yes, children are a HUGE responsibility...and pretty much a lifetime one at that. You guys really REALLY need to enjoy each other for quite a few years, get your careers established, etc. Enjoy your free time and your time together as much as you can now...when you are ready to be someone's servant 24 hours per day, give them all your money, time, and attention, then you are ready for kids, and not before. It's a huge responsibility...you are responsible for everything about them, including doing and saying the right things with them and to them to make sure they grow up to be the kind of person you want them to be. I can't stress how huge a responsibility it truly is. It will truly seperate the selfish from the unselfish.

All that said, I wouldn't pass up being a daddy for anything in the world...seriously.

BD

7. Dreama

Gold Member

I know, it really is a big responsibility. As I said, I'm not going off of my birth control, and I'm still not ready for a baby at all. I think my womanly hormones are just making me emotional, and I'm hoping if I give it some time, it'll pass. I just thought it was really strange.

8. cbrmale

Gold Member

At twenty you've got plenty of time if you plan to have children, although my recommendation is if you want to have a family then don't leave it too late. Babies and young children are quite exhausting at times, but younger (before thirty) parents typically have more energy and this helps.

My wife comes from a traditional culture where having and raising children is a large part of a person's raison d'ĂȘtre. She did a lot of child-minding for her older sisters and so on, and this helped her a lot when it came to have our own. And my wife coping well helped me, and the whole thing was pretty good.

I think the Western concept of the Nuclear family doesn't work as well as the traditional loosely-extended family. If you want to make child-raising less traumatic, try to think outside the box on this concept and it will help you when the time comes.

9. Squint

Squint Member

Strange? We are programmed each in our own way for this at a very fundamental level. The only really questions are; is the timing right, and could you/would you be a good parent.

10. Dreama

Gold Member

In my prior experience, it's totally weird! Not that I'm going to act on it, mind you. I want my husband and I to both be out of college and have a pretty clear understanding of what kind of parents we could be, if we even do choose to become parents. But, it's a foreign feeling to me. I've had to totally reevaluate myself. As recent as last week, I felt like, and had always felt like, children wouldn't be for me. Ever. But now, I feel much different. I'm hoping that maybe the feeling that's been pretty overwhelming in the past few days will pass. But if not, I'll just have to channel it elsewhere.

11. Kez

Kez New Member

For me the only thing that stopped that stopped those feelings was actually having a baby. :p
    Don't get me wrong i love being a mother, but no way in hell am i gonna do this again!

12. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, my situation has gotten a little more stable. I no longer feel like I did when I posted. I think it was just a hormonal thing. I'm normal again. :)

13. Kez

Kez New Member

Good to hear. Don't want to rush into anything

14. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Hmmmm - it would be interesting to see if it came back at around the same time every month. Perhaps when you're ovulating? Our bodies are indeed complex pieces of 'equipment' - and that's probably where the phrase "our biological clock is ticking" came from (I think someone alluded to it in referencing "baby clock").

It's surely just something that you'll have to wrestle with, as you have a plan for when the right time will be. Recognizing it and expecting it will be your best defense against it, until you're ready to make that big plunge into parenthood.

[banana]Eat lots of CHOCOLATE![/banana]

15. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, I think I probably was...So, at least I have that to help me to discount the thought. I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for the baby experience, so I'm glad I'm able to reason with myself, and of course eat some great dark chocolate. :)

16. cook74

Gold Member

I have noticed my wife having a change of mind every so often about having kids. Especially after she spends some time with our friends' new little ones. Thorough discussion of the matter soon puts the idea to rest.

Even at our age we are not ready for the responsibilities we see our friends face.

Maybe one day...:nerv

BTW. My older sister found out she was pregnant a couple of months ago even though her and her hubby weren't planning on it. But now that it has happened they have certainly made sure they are ready.

17. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Go for it!

God made sex so irresistible because people should have babies! You'll never know how much you can love another human being until you have a baby! I've had two. (My x wife and I) I highly recommend it!

18. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, I've long since gotten over that 'weird' feeling, and I've once again gone into the "I don't want kids anytime soon, if ever" mode. But, maybe we will in ten years or something...Or not. Lol. It's really a scary thought, now.

19. cook74

Gold Member

Well my wife and I are in our thirties and we are still not really planning on it but I guess our time for it runs out sooner than yours. So we have to make to some big decisions soon.

Through my 20's I don't think I remember a time when I really wanted kids. My wife tells me that none of her partners in the past would have been supportive enough for it, but I am sure that deep down inside she has always thought that one day she would have a child.

20. bsxy420

Gold Member

i had my daughter at a very young age and i wouldnt change a thing in the world. i would love to give her some siblings but god has a plan and he hasnt graced me with any more babies.