Father in law!!

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by vjd01, Sep 29, 2007.

1. vjd01

vjd01 New Member

Hello I seem to be having a real nightmare at the moment. Where do i start here i go me and my husband have recently brought a house he works away a lot up to 3 weeks a month.
    My father in law was also moving house so we agreed he could stay here while everything goes through that was 3 months ago.
    The past three weeks i have clearly seen my father in law spying on me when im getting ready dressed undressed for work i carnt close the door as their isnt one on my bedroom yet he walked in on me as well last week accident i think he was only asking for a drink
    It seems to be getting more often now do i tell hubby or what do i do i get very shy and nervous round father in law please help

2. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I'm a father in-lay and their is no way in HELL I would
    spy on my Daughter in-law.
    He should be told to stay away from your room.
    And a sheet could be hung over the door facing
    However I would not advise telling your Husband about it if
    telling your Father in-law to stay away from your room.
    If it doesn't work, Then he should told in no uncertain
    terms to leave.

Hiker

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

Seconded.

4. Halogen

Halogen New Member

Unfortunately, some men feel the need to show their dominance over their sons by flirting with or even worse with their daughters in law. It's sick and weird. You should tell your husband immediately that his father is doing these things and you want him out. If he was any husband at all, he'd toss the old man out on his ear.

5. zapper

zapper Member

its your house tell him to fuck off, or get a door.

6. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Now is not the time to be shy. That's your body and you have every right to expect your own privacy, especially in your own home!

People only give you the amount of respect you command. You've gotta speak up or he has no reason to stop doing it.

Good luck, sometimes it's hard to know how to approach adults who act like horny 7th graders. :ugh

7. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Make your bedroom the first room you "improve" in your new home. Do you have the finances available to purchase a "pre-hung" door from your local home improvement center? In many cases they will also do installation. There may be a cost, however, it's worth it to maintain your dignity and comfort while your father-in-law is there, and the peace it will keep in your marriage. I suggest you simply take the initiative to have it done as soon as possible. Surprise your hubby with it, when he returns, stating that you wanted a door hung and ready to close for the next time he returns home because you KNOW the two of you will need the privacy. Are the two of you planning to have children? If you are, purchase a door that locks..... and add the future plans as a reason for that. There are a number of things you can tell him, that I wouldn't consider a lie to upset your husband, but a way of keeping the peace between all involved while getting what YOU need (privacy). For example... you can tell him that you simply could not miss him and think about him without touching yourself and that you are simply so shy around your father in law that you couldn't be comfortable without a door. There are a million reasons you could want and need a door on your bedroom. You can make it as complicated or as simple as you wish. A door and a new item to decorate the room and you are simply beginning to decorate your new home by doing the most important and intimate room first.

8. vjd01

vjd01 New Member

Thanks for all the advice melicious. I know thats easy gettin a door fitted but at this moment in time our budget is really really stretched thats why hubby is away most of the month trying to make more money to pay our big mortgage

9. pixy

pixy New Member

Silly girl !
    Do you understand your father-in-law what he wants from you !!!!!!!
    If you don't understand him, just kick him a heavy punch in his ass so he could remember you untill his death !!!

10. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Sounds to me like this Father in law is a peeping tom, and seems he is crosing the line more each time, seeing how far he can take this with you...

It is not right or correct what he is doing, he will defenetly know this himself, straight and firm tell him you need privacy, and his constant wlaking in or trying to catch a peek or glimpse of you naked is pissing you off.

I can say if i was the Husband ( this is just personal preferance) i would hope my wife would tell me if i did not know.

As a wife should come first before family. ( in my view)

11. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I would say definitely put up a sheet or something across your door to give you some privacy. It may be he is only looking because the opportunity is there and if you make it difficult for him he will stop.
    If he is really making you uncomfortable it may be worth telling him so. It depends on how your relationship with him is.
    Telling your husband may create big problems in his relationship with his father but if all else fails I don't know that you have any other choice than to voice your concerns to him. Again you are the best judge of how your husband would react to such news.

12. Bluesy

Gold Member

If I were you, I would tell my husband...and I'd change in the bathroom until FIL leaves.

13. vjd01

vjd01 New Member

Thank-you

Just like to say a big thankyou to everyone who left me advice. still dont know what to do thou. carnt tell hubby hed hit the wall big time

14. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Just wondering how would he react if he found out , and you had not told him ?

Dont mean to add to the pressures

15. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

Be assertive. Just tell him without waisting words that it is unacceptable. It must stop or he has to go. If he even starts to argue or bully tell him to pack up.

16. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

And if for some reason that still does not work, then def bring the husband int oit..

but i would still say let your husband know ( that way theres no chance of it ever blowing up in your face at a later date.)

17. vjd01

vjd01 New Member

Not to sure how he would react to be honest hed proberly say im over reacting and thats it

18. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

My father pulled some stuff in my home and it took me only two days to have him moved out.

19. vjd01

vjd01 New Member

Father in law

I would again like to thank everyone for their advice. Not a lot has changed to be honest father in law still appears to be everywhere ive mentioned it to my partner carnt afford new doors yet and ive mentioned fil hes told me to stop over reacting he says i didnt make a scene when he saw me topless on holiday im totally lost and confused

20. djmercer1

djmercer1 New Member

to my mind you have 3 issues here:
    1)you fil behaviour--there is nothing blatently illegal with his behviour, your of age as is he. problem is that he is amoral. as a husband i would want to know if my father was pulling this shit with my wife---tell your husband. consider that potentially your contributing to destroying the relationship of your spouses parents.
    2)fil advances are unwlecome. if he makes you uncomfortable in your home have him leave---period.
    3)honesty isvery important in a marriage, tell your husband so this doesnt blow up in your face later. if hubby finds out later your word may not mean nearly as much as telling him yourself and it may make this situation more difficult to cope with.

dave