Fate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Maverick, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Maverick

Maverick Member

I love Fate. It just strikes out in the weirdest ways.

Fate is: Getting your heart broken by someone you loved.

Fate is: Them thinking they have control over you and that they can come back whenever they want.

Fate is: Getting tired of the games, and just slowly walking away.

Fate is: Meeting an old friend who wants to be with you and be wild

Fate is: My truck getting torched and me being unhappy.

Fate is: Looking at my life and saying I want more, even if I make less.

Fate is: Leaving the one things that had cared unconditionally for me.

Fate is: Sleeping on a couch, becoming a house boy pretty much.

Fate is: Becoming a part of a group of friends.

Fate is: Finding 2 new friends that I'm opening up to.

Fate is: Going out with a young lady, and meeting a woman I'm open to, on a night I didn't want to go do anything.

Fate is a beautiful thing, and in the past 3 months, it's been amazing how one little switch or big switch in direction can change my future. I'm so happy with the gal I'm with now, and for a weird reason, both of our guards that we've built over the past 4-5 years are completely down. I've never been this open with anyone besides my ex wife. New territory, but Fate has guided me down this path.

I love my friends here, and you know who you are. Mitt, RN2, Luv, Cosmic, Essene, Dukefan right off the top.

So tell me how fate has played in a good way with your lives.

2. igor

Gold Member

Yep - the story of my life. When you think all is well the shit hits the fan.:mad

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

And I love you too, Mav. <3

Fate played an interesting game in my life. Years ago 2005 to be exact, my Husband and I were in the same building, same place, same time watching the same movie sitting at tables right next to each other. We talked before the movie. Him there with his girlfriend and brother, me there with my boyfriend at the time.

Years go by not even thinking about each other, not knowing who we were or even remembering that we were there. We run back into each other. We hit it off, we start dating.

While going through my old photos together, he runs across a photo of him. At that moment we realized who we were. How we'd known each other for years. How fate, after years of never seeing or speaking to each other again, living hours apart, brought us back together.

It's a funny little story we don't share with many but an amazing one to us nonetheless. We like to think that the Heavens were in our favor and Fate wanted us together come hell or high water. Now here we are. Happier then either of us have ever been in our lives and not able to imagine a time before we were together.

Things happen for a reason, our past was proof of that. :)

4. Maverick

Maverick Member

Wow, amazing story. I seriously just got chills from it.

Fate is reading back to my old myspace blogs and realizing there was a young man crying out for help who was seized by a demon, and reading and seeing there was hope even in the most darkest of hours.

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

When thinking back on it, it gives me that really good fluttery feeling deep in my stomach :)

6. Essene

Gold Member

Free will trumps fate.

We all have free will. There is no grand design or scheme. Feeling something was fated is no more than the same part of the brain that reacts when we feel a sense of deja vu.

7. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Blasphemy

8. luvbug

Gold Member

Im so happy for you Maverick. I consider you a very special...dear friend.....and I love you to pieces!!! You are truly an awesome..amazing man and Im honored to call you my friend!! *HUGS*