Fat32 is bad for you

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sensless, Oct 11, 2017.

1. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

Is it?

I like to be able to use my storage stuff with all my devices. Unfortunately, NTFS can't be read by any android out of the box. I've tried to use the paragon plugin for Total commander and was disappointed not to be able to see my pictures without first "downloading" them. When I use a FAT32 storage, I can browse and look pictures and videos as if it was into my internal storage.

So, before I format all of my hard drives to FAT32, I'd like to ask you, guys who know these things: is FAT32 bad for you?

I know the theory, but I'd like to know if you've ever had *personally* a bad experience with old FAT32.

I don't have any file bigger than 2GB, so the 4 GB limitation isn't a problem. What scares me is losing data, even though I have tons of copies of my precious photos.

Another question: do you know if a rooted android device can use something better than Total commander+paragon plugin allowing access to ntfs storage as if it was FAT32 (I mean, seen by all apps, not only by Total Commander)? I've rooted my old phone, but I haven't rooted the last one. I'll be testing ntfs mounting apps on the old one, but it'd be nice to have input of someone who already know what's good.

2. Mikey22

Gold Member

sensless never heard of it. But by reading the title of the thread. I thought it had something to do with GMO's Gluten or some kind of crap there injecting in to our foods to poison us with. :eek: It's just Fat 32 didn't sound like anything good;)

sensless likes this.
  3. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

LOL

I suppose that's why the thread is being avoided. I'm sure there are lots of IT people here. I just need some insiders piece of advice.

Mikey22 likes this.