[Ask a Guy] Face or body?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by nurseharley, Jan 17, 2011.

1. nurseharley

Gold Member

if you had to choose, which would you rather have: a girl with a beautiful face or a beautiful body?

(no you can't have both! and personalities aside :p)

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I know I'm not a guy so this may not count but..

Neither.
    I prefer a girl with a beautiful personality.

3. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Face because thats what i have to look at the most haha

4. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

Yup not a guy either,but also going to go with personality...

5. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Haha i think 99% of us would take personality.

Its just a hypothetical question. If you could only have one of those two which would it be?

6. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

Since you put it THAT way,then face...
    But I have read most men care more about a nice body then a pretty face.
    (Don't ask me to provide proof it was a while ago...)

7. nurseharley

Gold Member

exactly why i wanted to ask this question. i had an idea of what most guys would say and i wanted to see if it was wrong or right

8. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

I would have to say body, but if she is someone I wouldn't want to spend some time with, then I'm not going to sleep with her. There is no way around it, her personality has to show at some point.

9. dukefan

dukefan New Member

Personality aside, probably body. In real life, a bad personality can ruin the perfect body and face

10. nurseharley

Gold Member

oh you guys are so disappointing! lol

there's nothing like a pretty face, nothing like a natural beauty...a nice body can come and go (and they usually do) but a true 'beauty' is hard to find.

11. outofcontrol

outofcontrol New Member

Agreed, pretty face anyday, can work on the body.

12. andretti

andretti New Member

I remember one time running across a girl who was working at the counter of a gas station; I saw her when I went in to pay for something. As I walked out, I had a very distinct impression - I told myself, "If I wasn't in a relationship, I'd probably try to ask her out..."

The incident was rather peculiar, for two reasons: (1) When I'm in a relationship, I don't usually get that impression, no matter who I'm talking with, or what she looks like, and (2) this woman wasn't particularly attractive (in the face, or the body).

I mulled it over for a few days, trying to pinpoint why this particular girl had a charm about her that made me feel that way, in just one minute. Eventually, I narrowed it down to her smile. She had a warm, friendly smile that made you feel welcomed to talk to her. In the end, I guess, it was her personality that got to me.

"No fair!" you say - I'm supposed to pick body or face, irrespective of personality. Well, then, I say face, because it seems like the face is a much better reflection of the personality than the body.

I think that when it comes down to base instincts, a lot of men do give more attention to the body than the face, given a choice between the two. But the question is largely hypothetical, because it's impossible to focus only on one.

I don't know where you read your survey, or where they got their data. I think that perhaps most men would choose the body, if we were talking about one night with someone we might never see again, but reverse their decision if we were stipulating it was someone we had to wake up every morning for a long, long time.

Not to mention that a lot of men find certain features of "less-than-perfect" bodies very appealing (small breast fetishes, etc. - but that's awholenother thread...)

Are we?? What if I reversed the question? The ladies here, as a group, wouldn't feel the least bit torn? ;^)

#12 andretti, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  13. SexyBeto

SexyBeto New Member

Well I found out through experience that you can have a rockin body but it's nothing without a pretty face. Besides after many years of wear and tear (yes I said it) the female body isn't as attractive to the eye, and I wouldn't mind waking up to a pretty face, better than being scared by an ugly one.

14. LilBAM

Gold Member

A woman's face is easily a bigger factor into me finding someone attractive, vs. their body. The body doesn't have to be amazing at all, as long as she has a pretty face. It's so much more important to me than the body, almost a make-or-break situation. Besides, it'd be nice to have a cute face to kiss, right? ;)

15. sinner

sinner New Member

There's an old male chauvinist expression about putting a "bag over her head". I guess this is what your talking about. But I think its really important to be in love with someone for real sex. That being said, I don't think that I'm the only guy who looks at pics of a pretty girl and gets turned on.

16. GreyGoose

Gold Member

A beautiful is what I prefer. There are many surgeries to take care of her body... Lol just kidding, I say face because a beautiful face with a nice smile is just amazing

17. htoad

htoad Active Member

The face is what really attracts me from a long term perspective. In my view their is more uniqueness with the face than with the body. Perhaps because I have more of a "face type" preference than a "body type" preference.

In general, the face captures my attention, the personality keeps me around, and the body is a pleasant addition - or, as I found with my wife, an amazing bonus. :)

18. backcheck64

Gold Member

To me, they go hand in hand. Great face but "large" body...out. Killer body but an unpleasant face...out. I look at the face first, ass second, tits third...any one out of my preference will be....out.

19. Northside

Gold Member

Between the two choices, I'd say I'm more attracted to a pretty face. Then there are girls like Somewhatlovely who have it all, pretty face, a beautiful body, and presonality without seeming to be stuckup.

20. Woody81

Woody81 Member

I'd take a beautiful face over a chick with a bangin body who's six-pack pretty any day of the week.