F*** Buddies

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by The_Cone, Jun 19, 2007.

1. The_Cone

The_Cone New Member

Definition: "Term used for sexual partners that regularly engage in sexual activities with each other, but do not share the usual emotional attachment of a standard boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (or boyfriend/boyfriend, or girlfriend/girlfriend, etc. etc.).

Often used to describe two people who use each other solely for sexual gratification and nothing else. Usually this is a sexual relationship that still allows for each partner to seek sexual and emotional relationships with other people (hence, no attachments) but can rely on each other for a quickie or a booty call."

Recently, I have gone on a couple of dates with a really friendly, genuine guy who I really like and find very attractive. The dates only consisted of going to a few bars and having a few drinks and having a laugh only amoungst the two of us, he even had the curtousy of driving me home after the second date. Then a few nights after the second date, he texted me saying he had discovered that a serious relationship wasn't what he wanted and didn't want to hurt me. A few texts later I got it out of him that what he actually wants, is the relationship of which that I later defined as a 'fuck buddy'. I still fancied him and since I'm young and free I decided to just go along with it. We havn't met up again yet although we are planning to soon, to have a bit of 'fun' together. It's going to be so strange seeing him again as it will be with a totally different light compared to the sweet, charming and innocent seeming guy I went on a couple of dates with. It kind of turns me on to think that we will be acting a bit more openly sexual on our next encounter!

What are your views on such a relationship? Would you ever consider knowing anyone for this function soley for personal fun or would you feel used/abused in such a position? Do you have a fuck buddy yourself?

#1 The_Cone, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  2. Lickitalltwice

Lickitalltwice New Member

Be very careful sweetie. Generally in these situations the female tends to get emotionaly attached. The male does not.
    Keep a close eye on yourself and if you can pull it off...have fun.
    Also make sure that you know if he is STD free and if he has any other "buddies".

3. syrupstains

syrupstains New Member

I've had a few fuck buddies before after of course finding out they were STD free and that I was comfortable with them before doing anything. I had no problems with it and still don't see what is wrong with it if your careful about it.

4. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I think it is very difficult for both people involved to remain emotionally detached but if you can then i'm jealous!!

5. us_desertwolf

us_desertwolf New Member

Wow...to be truthfull, i wouldnt like the idea of f**k buddies. Just doesnt interest me at all.

6. The_Cone

The_Cone New Member

He has told me that he is STI free and I would use condoms with him anyway. He is 26 which is a lot older than me but we get along great together and he is very respectful of what I want/how I feel etc. I think it will be fun hehe

7. BALKY

BALKY New Member

Always wanted that kind of relationship. HOpe you have fun as long as you both know what you're looking for everything shiould be OK.

8. Webster695

Webster695 New Member

I've done it, and it was fine while it lasted. I had no interest in a deeper relationship with the person, but we were both "single," so it was convenient, until I started dating someone. We stopped with no hard feelings.

Having sex without an emotional commitment can be fun and good, but it's nothing compared to making love with someone you're emotionally connected to.

9. Dreama

Gold Member

I couldn't be in that kind of relationship..I love my fiance so much, and I cannot see myself ever having sex with someone I didn't love, or someone who didn't love me.

10. Localboy_808

Localboy_808 New Member

Me and my ex-girlfriend we're bang buddies for almost a year and we decided to have a relationship but it didnt work out that great I guess you could say its less thrilling when you are in a commited relationship. :eek:utahere

11. Bluesy

Gold Member

If I really liked and trusted the guy, but was 100% certain that a relationship was out of the question, and we agreed to sleep with each other exclusively (to avert the risk of STDs), I think it would work out well.

12. JohnDoe

JohnDoe New Member

One person's F*** Buddies may be another's as well. Unless you are exlcusive (then again, that would be a relationship), too risky for an STD. I'll share a lot of things, but not my partner.

13. Bluesy

Gold Member

It's only a relationship if you both agree that it's a relationship. Individuals set their own parameters for these things...sleeping together exclusively doesn't make it a "relationship".

14. cbrmale

Gold Member

I've done this a few times, and surprisingly the sex can be really, really good. Indeed, sometimes it can be better than 'in love' sex. It can be hard not to fall in love with the friend you are having sex with, but with the right couple this sort of relationship can be a very good alternative until you meet the partner who sweeps you off your feet.

Then it's over, and you both move on with some very pleasant memories that last a lifetime.

15. redmondmale1978

redmondmale1978 New Member

f buddy

If you can have one, in my opinion go for it. Being married myself, I don't...although I wouldn't necessarily throw the idea out the window entirely, although would need quite a bit of a good reason to do so.

16. lotusflower

lotusflower New Member

yeah...

That's what I have right now. In fact, my first time was almost 2 months ago with a so-called "fuck buddy". It was what I wanted - no ties, spontaneous, though I knew him and was safe. For a while it was great. We tried a threesome once among other things. But now I haven't had sex in over a week, and I know he has, and I'm starting to get a little jealous. I am not the jealous type. I'm just not sure how to approach my next encounter. My advice to The Cone: pursue it if you want a fun, open relationship, but if he's seeing other people, don't expect him to come whenever you want someone...no pun intended. Well, maybe a relationship will flourish later...who knows? Do what your heart tells you, be passionate, caring, but don't let it pull you down either. Best of luck.:eyes

17. Upirlichy666

Upirlichy666 Member

yes I do have a fuck buddy...she's cool..and my gf likes her two...many many of nights have i had a good 3some with her and my gf lol

18. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

the whole idea is kinda sad to me, like a peice of meat you use and throw away when your done.

I like the idea of a relationship, you become very close to the person and that is a big part of sex, being close to your partner

19. cbrmale

Gold Member

But what is a relationship? Do you understand and have you experienced true love (not sexual infatuation)?

The fuck buddy I had was a wonderful lady, and we had a relationship! It was a relationship of two friends who knew what love was, and who therefore knew what we had wasn't love, but who got on well together and who both enjoyed good sex with each other. No, we enjoyed some great sex! And the only time I ever went instantly hard on the sight of someone was the time she walked into her bedroom in satin lingerie. She was a special lady, a good friend, we shared some good times. Looking back, I know that I would much rather have the memory of those times than not to have experienced them at all.

Not all fuck buddy relationships are like this, but typically you are friends and you have sex, but you don't love each other and it isn't permanent. But then, in many marriages they don't love each other (because they don't know what love is) and it isn't permanent either. C'est la vie.

20. Richie38

Richie38 New Member

I think someones bragging...

Lucky bar.....!

Now thats sorted - I just need to find a fuck buddy that enjoys herself having head on a regular basis and perswade the wife that its good for our relationship and that she can join in to if she wants, No problem.

(Best make sure im wearing my cricket box when i broach the subject with her, just in case it gets nasty!)