[Ask a Girl] Eye contact with boss wife?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by pall, Jan 3, 2013.

1. pall

pall New Member

I have employed recently on the small firm. Where the accountant is boss wife. He is near 35 she is five year younger despite pretty outlook and small heigh is looking younger. I am younger several years than she. When I came first. She shoud give and set her notebook for the net for my work. I randomly looking at her eyes and she also kept the gaze something longer. Only then i have known about that she is owner wife with two childrens. Maybe she told about situation to his husband or another main women coworker. After that i have seen her just few times. But our gazes also met once when i entered the room and looked at her when she inclined to the electric output and looked at me in some disturbing way. Last time i came again to his cabinet when she was alone as it is not only her room and say good morning. She didnt answered and even didnt looked at me. I took note and went out. This situation is something strange and even awkward. As i have no implication to this women and need only a job. But maybe she told something to boss about first simple encounter and it could be the reason for inappropriate decision on my eployment. Although i shoud know initially that pretty women should be or boss lover, secretary or wife.

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Your English is a bit strange and you don't even mention in which continent you live in but suffice to say don't ever mess with the boss's wife if you value your job.
    If she is teasing or flirting with you just ignore it and stick to doing your job or it will end up in a torrent of tears; yours!

3. pall

pall New Member

There is snow out of my windows. I am white. It is about my english. About boss wife. I exactly support you. But when I came in the first time at my job place she appeared there and should give me notebook. I even cannot imagine that it could be director wife. As she looks very pretty, but younger than she is, like a lower 20s. There is no teasing, no clues, not from my not from her side. It was only an eye contact during our talk on notebook a bit longer than ever. I only noted that she has reciprocal eye contact. But i tried not to look directly to her after that especially after knowing that she is wife of owner. The issue is now that i came to her cabinet last time and she didnot answered to my standart greeting as every people do. And she even do not raised her head to look at me. Despite as i mentioned i didnt tried to communicate with her after first day. Even when i entered the room where she was with coworker i didnot make greeting and thought that could be ethically incorrect so i say good morning during last encounter on note. I think she can answered as it should to be. Or i do not now what reasons are ruled by her.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

Eye contact when someone is speaking to you is a form of respect. You are making something out of nothing.

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Yes in a Western society but beware that is not universal of all cultures.

6. Mittimer

Gold Member

This is very true. Unfortunately the OP hasn't stated where he is located.

7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

No, he has not stated even in which continent he resides but the way his turn of phrase goes suggests to me a very different culture to ours and I won't suggest which I think it might be for fear of being shot down as racist.
    Clearly the dude feels that even a glance from the woman is an invitation/titillation of something forbidden, risqué or a least not generally acceptable normal behaviour in his circumstances.
    I still recommend him to not respond in kind.

#7 lbushwalker, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  8. Mittimer

Gold Member

I agree completely. Responding to the bosses wife...not a good move.

9. pall

pall New Member

I am not racist. I only noted it that my culture is very similar to you. Could you imagine that I am immigrant to USA from europe. About the situation. I didnt do anything bad and even my eye contact was reverse from her. But i do not know why she didnt answered to my standart greeting last time. I think if a people is indefinite to somebody then she should show it. Not hide the eyes this time and answer as every people do. But at first I could not imagine instantly that she should have some relations to owner. Even more she is only a bit older them me but have the child of preteen age. I known it from social net. So it seems he get pregnant at 18. So it could not be very predicted event but maybe an accident. From other side she is experienced mom. Anyway it is her business. I try to distance from her as far as possible. The only thing i am interesting. Should she told to his husband about this situation. Or maybe to her older coworker.

10. pall

pall New Member

And how it could impact to my job as it is more a practice now as i am there the first month. Anyway her husband even might asked how he treated you during the communication. The talks about me should be anyway between them and even her reaction to this probable talks should influence the decision on me. So the absence of answer to my greeting should be perceived: or i even cannot answer to you, so I dismiss you fully. But what was her reciprocal eye contact-maybe provocation. How newbie go father at first days of his work. But newbie stopped at the moment.