Extremely worried

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by cdn_eh9, Apr 17, 2007.

1. cdn_eh9

cdn_eh9 New Member

I need your help please! First of all I know that I am dumb but hear me out. A few weeks ago me and my girlfriend were having sex (unprotected). She is on the pill, but her doctor switched her on a new one (don't remember the name) but he said since she was on the pill for a few years things would be okay. So we had sex a few times that night, but I never came in her vagina, it's always in her mouth. But I'm worried of maybe traces of cum, or pre come could get her pregnant? She should be due for her period I think last week actually, but very worried. We think not being on the pill for a month could throw it off? We're both way to young to have a kid, trying to get our future careers under our belt first. Even if this is a false alarm, we're going to take a break from sex to get settled in on everything Thanks for listening to my problem and I'm begging for your help!

2. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Have her get a pregnancy test so you can both have some peace of mind one way or another.

Take comfort in the fact that you aren't the only one, as I think we've all made this mistake at one time or another in the 'heat of the moment', but do yourself, your girlfriend and possibly unplanned future children a favor, don't put yourself at that kind of risk again. It's just not worth it.
    I recently switched birth control prescriptions and my doctor told me that when a woman switches birth control pills (or from one hormonal prescription to another) her and her partner should use a backup method (i.e. condoms, spermicide, etc.) for a month while her body adjusts to the new method and/or dose of hormones.
    And ANYTIME you're having unprotected intercourse there is a chance you could get her pregnant, so having been inside her while her body is adjusting to a new birth control method is a risk.

That being said, it is common for a new hormonal birth control prescription to throw a girls cycle off. That's happened to me before. And I've panicked, bolted to the nearest drugstore, gotten a pregnancy test, and everything was fine.

You might like to suggest giving that a shot before the two of you worry yourselves sick.
    Then take this scare as a good learning opportunity as to what NOT to do in the future. ;)
    Good luck. :)

3. cdn_eh9

cdn_eh9 New Member

Thank you very much for your help NaughtyKnickers (nice name by the way) she picked up a pregnancy test and everything is good to go! Thank you sooo much!!!! You were very helpful! And yes we will be thaking this scare as a good learning tool. Thanks agian!

4. Indulgence

Indulgence New Member

Hey, cdn_eh9 you might want to consider the Nuva Ring.

It's a 99.75% Effective birth control, It happens to be in the form of a ring made of Estrogen. It's a simple process really, she can go in and get it at a clinic or a pharmacy, she puts it in for 23 Days and the 7 Days at the end of the month is for her period. And, my girlfriends body took time to adjust but after six months of proper use, unprotected sex is perfectly fine knowing we both have been tested for diseases and we haven't had any other partners being we were both virgins.

5. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I will go along with Naughty and indulgence as they
    gave very serious answers. And just going on or off the pill
    will upset the cycle.
    Hiker:sf

6. Indulgence

Indulgence New Member

Yeah, not to mention stress will upset that cycle aswell.

7. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Stress, not eating enough, not sleeping enough, etc...lots of things can interfere with a woman's cycle. Also certain antibiotics, such as penicillin, can reduce the efficacy of birth control pills.