exhibitionism of the artist as a young man

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by boringsafetyguy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. boringsafetyguy

boringsafetyguy New Member

while reading this thread on exhibitionism, now closed
    http://sexualforums.com/talk/showthread.php?p=18473#post18473

I started thinking that exhibitionism is not just an erotic engagement with the public or a way to get a rush from being sexy.

It's also about treating your body as a work of art. Figuring out what shapes your body can take.

It's the instinct of a painter or a sculptor.
    :bow

2. cook74

Gold Member

Well I guess that depends on the exhibitionist.

I mean some dirty old perv flashing the goods underneath his trench coat at passersby can't really be considered an artist. :eek

But singers and actors can be considered as both artists and exhibitionists. Especially those that like to parade around on stage semi naked, or show off their sexy bods in front of the camera. :brow And many of them certainly take good care of their bodies for this purpose.

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

And I imagine there is a bit of an 'artist' in each of us (or so, we'd like to think :) ) - and the thought of displaying our most intimate artistry among the background of nature is.... well....natural!!

However, I am of the persuasion that many, if not most, exhibitionists still do it for the sheer sensual arousal and the rush of the thought that someone might see.

4. Bluesy

Gold Member

I have to agree with Rose...by definition, exhibitionism is a sexual behavior.

5. cook74

Gold Member

The ego though is not necessarily sexual and many people exhibit themselves because they want to build up their ego. Am I wrong? :shrug

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

Maybe, but that could backfire too, like if you went to a nude beach and everyone you smiled at ran away.:lol

7. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

You wouldn't be speaking from personal experience, would you?
    :rofl

8. Bluesy

Gold Member

Good point. Is there anyone who doesn't derive a sexual thrill from having their body complimented, though? Or perhaps you're referring to something like naturism, where people doff their clothes and hang out together, non-sexually...I understand that it can very helpful in cultivating positive body image.

Unless humiliation is your cup of tea :lol