Exercising for Better Sex

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Uncle Terry, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Terry

Uncle Terry New Member

What forms of exercise to you find most beneficial for a better sex life?

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I do the treadmill or walk the neighborhood. This gets my oxygen levels up, and that increases stamina! I have taken up the ball exercise routine, as it not only strengthens the core muscle groups, but it increases balance :)lol - soometimes those 'hang the head over the bed to do a blow-job' positions can get me a little dizzy) I work the stomach and arms one day, and work the legs and butt another day, and switch back & forth.

At my age, just looking in the mirror and being happy with what I see is a GREAT boost for our sexual life. I wear sexy lingerie now, and I don't mind my husband exploring my body (whereas before, I did). I do find that I am more flexible for certain positions, and I have just purchased a Beginning Yoga DVD which I believe will be very beneficial, as well.

Still looking for an exercise to help me "deep throat" .... but I haven't found anything yet. :lol

3. pirouette

Gold Member

Rose-I think you'd really like yoga. My husband and I both go to yoga class. As far as exercises that are geared toward improving our sex? I guess ballet and belly dancing have made more of an impact than anything else. Both increase your cardio and both strengthen your core tremendously. Did I mention the pc muscles are really tone from it as well?

4. Uncle Terry

Uncle Terry New Member

Is there a relationship between good sex and good conditioning?

I appreciate the replies from the two of you and yet others must also have some insight into exercise and sex. Let me expand on the question. How would you describe the relationship between physical conditioning and great sex or isn’t there a relationship?

5. pirouette

Gold Member

Oh there is a good relationship between exercise and great sex, Uncle Terry. The more effort I put into my workouts, the more my man comments on how great I look. After years of watching me exercise regularly, he joined the local gym and started improving his own physique. I'll admit, his stamina has really improved with the extra cardio workouts he's doing.
    Yes, the more I take care of myself, the more energetic I feel in bed. Cardio seems to be the biggest improvement made by exercise. It keeps things very intense for quite awhile.

6. Lusty Dreams

Lusty Dreams New Member

I work out 5-6 days a week, and alternate between strength training and aerobic conditioning. I have found the best way to improve your sexual well-being is a nutritional diet. Don't waste your money on supplements either. A well-balanced diet has worked wonders for me that exercise cannot.

And yes, there is a relationship between sex and physical stamina.

7. rene48

rene48 New Member

I have the treadmill to keep in shape at this age. Anything I put in my mouth (well, not every thing, but any foods, I gain), so it's a daily routine, except the weekends. I have a wonderful machine. I have a CD that I use, it came with the TM, and I plug a coax cable from TM to stereo and when the CD plays, it coordinates all rhythms. It activates the TM's speed, the cardio input and has a meter showing your heart rate. I try to walk 3 miles and that really is a workout when you are walking 2.9 mph. I do leg lifts plus some lightweight weights for my arms and upper body. I have a small meal, before workouts and when I am through, a shower plus a mid mornnig breakfast. Within all that I feel so good afterwards. I live in the country, and early spring and mid fall, I start walking the roads. It's safe and the air is fresh. Yes, to the answer about a healthier sex life. I can go and go and heart rate stays 55-60. I didn't mean to get off the subject but just adding to the other replys, this is what I do and I always feel pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.