everything sucks

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by quencho092, Aug 12, 2007.

1. quencho092

quencho092 New Member

i think im hitting a rock bottom of some sort.

That girl ive been seeing just got back from vacation. She didn't want to see me this week because she's going to hang out with her ex instead. Translation-never wants to see me again. Relationship over.

My dad is in the hospital right now. His blood pressure went out of control from an anxiety attack. He's stable now.

My two best friends are pussy whipped to the point where last night was the first time we hang out in months. They're not the same anymore, not fun, not happy go lucky, not the same people i grew up with. They dont want to hang loose and eat shit like we used to, they just want to end the night early because their girls are calling them to pick them up.

My older brother died last July in a motorcycle accident, and my life has sucked exponentially ever since.

So ive had absolutely nobody interested in hanging out with me, got ditched by my girl and my best friends, am an only child after 19 years with my bro, and i have alot of uncertainty in my future career. I'm hating life. Just had to blow off some steam and write this up.

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

It sounds like a good time to really find someone to talk to. It's hard, I know. As a man, it seems to be even harder. I suggest your local hospital, and asking for the social work department. When you speak with them, simply explain that you need to talk some things out, and ask if they are approved on your insurance. If they are, you're all good. If not, then they will help you find someone who is covered. If you don't have insurance, then they will help you find someone who does a sliding scale. Together with a professional you can determine if you are going through some post-traumatic along with acute depression, or if you have a more long term depression, and the best course of action. Do it for yourself, and for your family! K?

3. BootyHunter

BootyHunter New Member

Sorry to hear man I hope things get better for you.

4. quencho092

quencho092 New Member

it kinda feels like im really unimportant to everyone. Like im on the sidelines of everyone else's lives, and its easy for them to put me aside and make me of low priority to them.

I dont know. Ive tried to make distance between these people and I, but that usually ended in me doing nothing every weekend. Ive tried to make something out of these random relationships i somehow land, and i end up being a very low priority to these people and ultimately get put aside for someone else. I don't get easily attached to people, on the contrary, im pretty tough and dont take much crap when people start giving me trouble. I treat people with respect and do them favors when they need it.

I have trouble understanding how my best friends tell me im their best friend, but never invite me to go hang out, or when i call them to see whats up or what they're doing, i get a 'oh damn im busy i have other plans tonight maybe some other time.'

I have a psychologist that i talk to every week, and it helps, but it doesn't 'correct' my life. Everything still sucks. And usually when things look up, it's all a brief illusion before you fall into a pit of bull crap again.

5. Bluesy

Gold Member

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a rough time. It does sound like your life needs some "correcting", but I know it's hard to know where to begin and how to go about it. While a bit of talk therapy is helpful, I'm of the opinion that it should only be a supplement to learning practical techniques for altering your thoughts and behavior. The best proven treatment for depression (and you do sound like you're circling the bottom of the barrel!) is CBT: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I highly recommend finding a counselor (whether that be a social worker or psychologist) who specializes in it.

I hope you're feeling better soon. Please keep us updated, 'kay?

#5 Bluesy, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  6. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Quencho said
    Get out and meet people and be willing to do things with them.
    bike, hike, camp, fish, hunt, gym, pick up ball games. Just anything
    to keep you busy and you will meet people and make friends.

i do all those things except hunt (I used to) and I simply have more friends
    than I know what to do with, An example I am going to Gladwin Mi sometimes in the
    next 2 weeks just to help a friend locate bear even though I no
    longer hunt, But He's a friend so I help. Do the same.

Hiker

7. Pride

Pride New Member

I feel yeah there. And dont say rockbottom hopefully for you it doesnt get any worse. Myself on the other hand im passed rock bottom and still falling. So i feel your pain. Lol if itd make you feel better i could explain. But doesnt seem right to hijack your thread.

So im sorry about all of the shit that happens. Someday it will get better in the mean time just keep trying to move forward. Youll get nocked back a couple times but just keep trying.

8. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

quencho092 I have been around almost 50 years longer then you and have hit that rock bottom place several times. Then just when I feel like I can't take it another day it changes. With hindsight I can see that every time I've gone through one of the low spots I've come out the other side stronger and wiser .I believe we are here to grow spiritually and nothing absolutely nothing motivates us to grow like pain. Best to you friend.:cool