[Ask a Guy] Ever urinate in the bathroom sink?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by CdrData, Jan 22, 2009.

1. CdrData

CdrData New Member

Just wondering. I have never even thought of this until recently. Assuming you don't already have your own urinal, if the bathroom sink is the right height/depth then can it serve as a urinal? I know it sounds unhygenic but if one runs the water for a sec I'm thinking it would rinse clean, it uses less water too, and one wouldn't have to worry about dripping onto the toilet bowl rim or floor. I think of things like this sometimes, I'm an engineer/inventor type. :D

2. HardRocker

Gold Member

It won't all rinse out because the porcelain is not totally friction free, so it would accumulate, especially in a busy bathroom. People who are not engineers like you (which I doubt) couldn't be trusted to know how much water to completely flush the trap with. Then, when you went to brush your tooth it would smell like piss. And the last one to use it maybe had a staph infection in his urinary tract. And when he shook it off it went all over your counter and left pubic hair on your toothbrush.
    You're not going to get invited to my parties from now on.

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

That's hilarious, HR!!!

But no, I've never done it, never considered doing it, and understand how a 'P' trap works enough to know that even though the pee may be gone from the sink bowl, it's still gonna be sitting in the trap until more water is flushed through to clean it out.

Sinks are for handwashing, urinals and toilets are for pissing. Let's keep it that way. ;)

4. bucky

bucky New Member

Uh-uh, never did that. My wife hates the drips on the bowl, can't imagine what she would do if she seen that.:eek

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I can only guess that these questions are related to Commander Data's continuing efforts to understand humanity and thus become more human.

6. igor

Gold Member

Gee, I dunno about you but I never dip my toothbrush into the sink drain before I brush my teeth (or after I brush either). :lol

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

Either way, I think the sink would probably still smell.:shrug

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

A trap full of asparagus piss would fuckin' reek, no doubt. *dry heaves*

9. igor

Gold Member

Nothing smells worse than taking a piss after eating asparagus!:lol

10. Dreama

Gold Member

Gross, CR. No, if I saw hubby pissing in the bathroom sink, I think our relationship would be over. He wouldn't have been the man I thought he was, lol.

11. Adonis47

Adonis47 New Member

Not to mention there's no splatter control...

12. CdrData

CdrData New Member

LOL HardRocker. Lol everyone. I heard some good points, but I still think one could just run the water long enough to rinse out the trap. Maybe I should do some research, hehe. :brow

13. fantasien

fantasien New Member

Um... Yes!

14. Kanto

Kanto Member

Not I. But do I have a story to tell you.

At civil air patrol and enlisted basic in San Antonio, it takes a small team of trainees to keep the bathroom clean. Typically, bathrooms have about 8 stalls, 3 urinals, and 12 or so sinks (as well as connected shower facilities). Most flights are smart enough to clean the urinals once and never use them again for as long as they are at basic, and just stick to the stalls.

However, one flight many moons ago had what they believed to be an even more brilliant idea. They would forgo urinating in the stalls and the urinals all together, and just urinate in the sinks. What could go wrong? Well, during a bathroom break between classes, this flight found out exactly what could go wrong. A training instructor walked into the bathroom and found a dozen trainees, each one unzipped and with a knee on the sink in order to get a proper 'aim'. And several other trainees waiting in line as though this were something perfectly normal.

The witnessing TI decided that since going in the sink was ok to these trainees, he gave them a choice. They could either start using the stalls again, or he would shut off the water to the stalls and they could take a dump in the trash for the remainder of their training. You can imagine which one they chose.