Ever Look On Google Maps Places You Used To Live?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

The cul-de-sac i spent from 1986 til 1991 looks the same, but the little house i lived on from 1991 to 1996....it's unrecognizable! it's a two lane street now with appartments and across the street where our land lady lived...has a pool and this big facility. Strange to look at it and think "i used to run on that land climb the tree, jump off the shed we had....." and realize all that is gone banished only to exist in memory and photographs. I'ts fascinating yet depressing at the same time, but it's healthy gives you perspective...when something is torn down for "improvement" you wonder what memories lies in the folks of hte people who lived in that house, and what new memories lie in store for those who live in the "improvement"

What i miss most is the shower, gave me an appreciation for the architecture see it beyond merely a bathing area (or masturbation area depending on your POV), maybe it was all tiled, elevated, and you couldn't see any resemblance of what's outside the door (that oddly wouldn't shut). I miss the isolated feeling away from the rest of the house, it was sanctuary (but i'm sure as a kid i ran up a hell of a water bill)

what i miss the least, were the lack of any locks (even a key hole to peep though if you so wanted to) and the two prong outlets

okay i'm rambling but do yourself a favor and see if your childhood home (if you haven't been there a while) is stll there lol

#1 Kermit, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. nurseharley

Gold Member

yes! but google maps always sucks for where i live/lived, all it shows is the road entrance :(

but google earth reminded me that at my old house we had gotten rid of our pool and its just a big sand pile now.

3. dukefan

dukefan New Member

Maps shows my old bright yellow 06 mustang gt, miss the growl

4. snakeman

snakeman New Member

the house where i lived from 93 to 98 in cornwall has changed. the front garden has gone and is now a patio. there is not really any change to the other placed iv lived

steve

5. Kermit

Gold Member

The street view is amazing! I also looked up my old street I lived on when i was a newborn in Louisiana

6. backcheck64

Gold Member

OK, you can use my pool, but the putting green won't be ready to mid summer or so.

The pic of my house was from frickin 06. Doesn't show the pool or two of the decks.

#6 backcheck64, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011