Ever Had One Of Those Days?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thunderseed, May 4, 2012.

1. thunderseed

Gold Member

I'm sure you have... I'm making this thread dedicated to whatever it is you want to rant about! What is ticking you off at this moment?
    Maybe your OH is driving you nuts or you hit every red light in traffic today. We all have bad days once in awhile, or subjects we just need to rant about and get off our chests. I haven't seen a thread in the likes of this yet, so I thought it would be a good idea.

I'll go first to get the ball rolling.

I just had one of those days... long stressful day at work training to become a paramedic, paired up with incompetent and belligerent partners who have too much pride to admit they have no clue what to do, who won't listen to orders and make life threatening mistakes, whereas it seems they are all joined in a conspiracy to make me fail my next exam, and I really wish I could have just punched them all in the faces and made real casualties and told them, "now this is how you really do first aid you sonofabitchez!" LoL in my dreams.

2. thunderseed

Gold Member

This is a funny but sad story about a really bad day that happened a week ago to my cousin and her boyfriend.

She's in her late 30's and has been single her whole life. She finally meets the man of her dreams and is thinking "he is the one" so she brings him to meet the parent's.

Well they get into the parent's house and do not even have time to take their shoes off, when suddenly the parent's little chihauhua runs up to the guy, lets out a huge scream and falls over dead and stiff. The dog had a heart attack!

Talk about a bad first impression and a bad day!

Well the meeting with the parent's blew over, they rushed the dog to the vet. They called my Cousin and told them not to worry, and that her boyfriend did not kill their dog. A few hours later the dog died. So they had to call back my cousin and tell her the dog was dead.

Well I got a phone call from my mom and she couldn't stop laughing. She said, "something terrible just happened" and then more giggles..."but it is so funny!". I said, "then why are you laughing?" Apparently, my Aunt called my mom the day it happened and told her all about it, and my mom had a very hard time controlling her laughter.
    My mom had asked, "so are you going to invite him over again?" My Aunt was of course very upset and said, "no, we are going to have to hide the cats first."

Since that day we have made so many jokes. On their wedding day we want to buy him a puppy and say, "So, we heard your good with dogs." I just can't wait until family reunions, this guy is never going to live it down.
    I want to phone him up and say, "So... I guess doggy style is out of the question for awhile."
    Or phone my cousin up and say, "I guess the dog was so excited you finally met someone and was thinking it's about time! I was waiting for this moment." You can come up with a million things to say for that one.

3. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

Good thread and the dog story reminded me of the girl who brought her boyfriend to meet her parents for the first time. As they all sat together in awkward silence trying to make conversation, the family dog walked up, sat on the floor and began to lick its balls. The nervous boyfriend watching it blurted out nervously, 'Wish I could do that!'. :)

On the main topic. Yep, I have had a pissing awful couple of days online. Making me feel absolutely crap and very annoyed at myself. In real world terms.......... a minor hiccup. Upgraded my OS and screwed up the printer software, and my OH has work to do every evening for the next 3 weeks which will inhibit my access to the computer and my privacy :eyes

And this very minute........ We still get our milk deliverd in plastic bottles during the night. It is left on the doorstep. Well, the birds have pecked each of 3 pints, bursting the bottles. Milk all over the steps. And all over the kitchen as I tried to decant the milk into suitable containers.

So, all minor but pissing me off big time.

#3 somhairle, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

This goes back a month and a half, but events took place over 2 days. As an engineer working for a company, I interface with suppliers. This particular supplier was responsible for completing tests with a passing result on their compionent by April 9. The general requirement we strive for is to complete testing with a month left before the deadline and before that enough time to retest in case of a test failure. The supplier had that kind of time available, but had failed testing and this retest put them in a position to have to run a 6 week test in 10 days in order to complete before April 9. Also, remember that April 9 is a Monday after the Easter holiday weekend.

So before this supplier could start the test, they needed to get their parts with the necessary design corrections. It was known that there needed to be more time to test, and if parts could be made quicker it would improve the likelihood of success. The expected receipt date was March 30.

The supplier received parts March 28. However, instead of using the time they gained to start the test earlier, they chose to use it to perform extra measurements on the parts. I was furious. I knew my boss would be even more furious. I called a meeting, and on the invite I was less than tactful and said "Let's gather all the liars in one room so we can figure out what the truth is". My boss called me and told me to cancel a meeting.

The next day, the supplier invites me and my boss to a meeting first thing in the morning, it was at the supplier and I got their barely in time because I didn't find out until I arrived at work (if I had been informed the day prior I'd have planned to go to the supplier first thing in the morning instead). On the way back to work after the meeting, my contract house calls me and informs me my contract has been terminated.

Since then, I've reached the conclusion that the supplier must have friends in low places or something. It seems to tell a story when the same employer where I was working will still interview me for other job opennings, but the supplier will not interview me because they claim they don't want to hurt their business with my former employer.

At any rate, in the weeks that followed I had more interviews than I can handle, and I'll be starting my next job employed direct as an engineer making 17% more, not to mention I'll have the opportunity for bonusses and 401k matching. So it turned out well as far as that goes.

5. thunderseed

Gold Member

thanks for sharing :D