ever feel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CruelTease, Mar 16, 2011.

1. CruelTease

Gold Member

like you can't post about what's bothering you because you know certain members will rip you to shreds for it?

Just curious. I learned a lesson after last time I posted about a problem I had.

2. backcheck64

Gold Member

Yes, I feel that way.

3. Woody81

Woody81 Member

Every once in awhile. Especially if I want to post something silly. Then it might get misinterpreted. Sometimes I think I might get bashed because what may be normal to me might be weird to the masses. Then I have to explain myself.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

I generally say fuck it and post what I want. I don't particularly care what members think about me or my personal life. If they want to give advice, that's great, if they want to bash, well, fuck 'em.

You are who you are and nobody can change that.

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

There does seem to be some of that going around. It's so easy to be self righteous when you're anonymous. I hope it doesn't prevent too much dialog, because there is something to learn from most everyone's concerns.

6. Kermit

Gold Member

Not really, you post what you want, if they can't handle it fuck 'em, not everyone is gonna like yoru posts

7. Woody81

Woody81 Member

I was too terrified to post this^^^, lol. But, generally I feel this way 90% of the time. ^^^

8. Woody81

Woody81 Member

Some people probably are afraid to post in general. I lurked around here for a long time before I joined. Just because I was afraid I'd post something and look stupid or get put on blast. No one wants to look stupid. Kinda like when you trip and fall. You always get up real fast and look around to make sure no one is looking.

9. Mittimer

Gold Member

I usually sit there on the floor laughing hysterically for a moment or two before I can get up and look around. By then, I'm already looking stupid :p

10. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

That :)

11. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

No.I don't care if I get ripped to shreds.No offense to anyone here,I love being here and talking to you all,but it doesn't effect my life.I'm close to VERY FEW people in my real life and rarely care what others have to say about me.They haven't lived my life or been through the things I have been through,so until they have then their opinion on what I DO means very little.

12. nyxx

nyxx New Member

you only live once, why waste a thought thinking ill of it. just say it. besides, this is cyberspace... say it.

13. coldplayer85

coldplayer85 Member

If they give me good advice I'd say thank you a hundred times, if they shred me I'd say fuck you for guys, or come over and I'll fuck you (hot girls only).

14. backcheck64

Gold Member

That pretty well sums it up for me.

15. PlayfulTip

PlayfulTip New Member

Agreed. So speak your mind! What fun would this place be if everyone shared the same thoughts and opinions? It would be boring and there would be nothing to talk about. Having opinions gives us the ability to expand ourselves by seeing things how others view life and situations. I appreciate everyone here who is open and honest, good and bad.

16. Trond

Gold Member

I don't think I have experienced any serious bashing here (well, just a little), but a discussion on another forum turned nasty once. Anyway, I find that there is usually someone on here who shares your point of view, or at least is able to see things from your perspective, even if others may disagree.

Still, if you get bashed by someone, at least take a second to see if there is any sense to it at all. You (or I) may have said something offensive, intentionally or not. The worst response in my eyes is to try to outdo the "basher" with an even nastier reply. If you think he or she is wrong, then say so and why. If they are in fact right, then "sorry, my mistake" usually goes a long way.

17. Dino

Dino Member

I love this site! You guys are great!

18. clamUp

clamUp Active Member

I'm experimenting with subconsciously seducing every female that visits this site by encoding a carefully hidden secret message into every post I make.

You wouldn't believe how tough that makes it to post messages that have my true feelings in them! ;)

19. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

I've noticed this in recent months too....
    People starting threads with genuine concerns, stories or just wanting to share their experiences with the rest of us.....and all to often now they are met with....
    I told you so's.....?
    Your so stupid.....?
    Serves you right.....?
    And you got what you deserved.....?
    or some other smart or sarcastic comment.....

Whatever happened to the "discussion" part of the forums?....sure, there's been times when we've all done something we're not proud of, made a bad judgment call or trusted somebody we shouldn't have.....and it's my opinion that if you can't say something positive, then don't reply at all.
    There's really no reason to come down on someone for admitting a mistake and having the courage to share their experience with the rest of us.
    As a moderator, it's made me stop and take a look at those who would vilify another with a "holier than thou" type of attitude simply because they have made a bad call at some stage and yet still wanted to share it with the rest of us.

It's been suggested by some in this thread that negativity in these sort of threads should be met with a simple...."Well, fuck you"!! as a response from the OP......and while normally, a moderator may frown on such a comment, I could see how in some circumstances, this may even be warranted.
    I, for one, will be watching these sort of threads more closely from now on.

#19 Hot Wheels, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  20. cheeze

cheeze New Member

what about the women :lol