Euro Cup 2008

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ninja08hippie, Jun 21, 2008.

1. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Anyone else watch football? The Dutch / Russian game today was awesome, some really fast paced action. I think I'm going to miss the Spain / Italy game tomorrow :mad

2. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Did...

...you see Turkey/Croats??? OHMYGOD!!!

3. ninja08hippie

Gold Member

I missed the Turkey game, I regret it. The Spanish keeper sure kicked some ass today :)

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

I've actually been only keeping up with the College Baseball World Series, since my two home conferences (SEC and ACC)had 5 of the final 8 teams go to Omaha. Sorry, I just can't get into Football (Soccer). I have tried, but I couldn't do it. My son played when he was a little kid, but he usually just sat on the field and played with interesting weeds or whatnot while the pack ran back and forth around him. He grew up to love Cross Country and Lacrosse. Lacrosse is a pretty brutal sport too, and the strategy is very similar to Football/Soccer.

I do, however believe those Football players are some of the toughest athletes in any sport.

5. Mr. G

Mr. G Member

Casillas really rocked on that one ^^

Both of my canidates for the next champ fell out (Netherlands & Portugal) :/

Well I'll keep my thumbs up for Spain now on. I'm quite surprised how well Russia is playing. They have a young and energic team and in the end they sure deserved to beat the dutch as they seemed to have much more will to win.

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

OH GAWD!! You have hit Thorn's "RedHot Excitement Button"!

He watches all of them!! We've had grandkids here for the last several days, so he's taped all the matches he missed. Since they've left he's watched all the recordings, except today (6/25). He'll KILL me if I reveal who won today, so I better log off! :lol

It's his passion....

well... Besides ME! [​IMG]

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

Rose, how the hell did a regular Virginia guy like Thorn develop a passion for Futbol ?!

8. Rose

Gold Member

He's always been one to go for the 'oddities' (not that futbol is 'odd' - just not very American :lol ). But it started when our son was little, and played soccer. He played it most of his childhood life, advancing to Travel teams, etc. It was their bonding moment, and they continue to go to MLS matches even to this day. They even went to some World Cup matches when it was in USA.

9. HardRocker

Gold Member

Okay, that's cool. I guess if my son had taken to it back when he was little, it could've happened to me too. I bet you may remember a kid or two on your child's first teams that was like I described my son in post # 4 above.

10. Rose

Gold Member

LOL - that was our son when we initially tried to get him into baseball (T-ball, at that age). He'd be out there, catching bugs, drawing in the dirt.... he needed something that demanded continual physical movement (he's ADHD). Futbol (soccer) was his lifesaver, as it really caused him to learn how to focus.

11. ninja08hippie

Gold Member

You went to the World Cup? Jealous :( I'm going to go next time hopefully :)

12. Rose

Gold Member

The reports say that this Euro Cup was the best in modern history! The action was intense - start to finish - and there wasn't a defensive hold on the play (...well, except for Greece :eyes) It was a hard-fought Tournament, and I was glad to see Spain win. Torres finally shone at the right time, that's for sure!

13. ninja08hippie

Gold Member

Yeah, I thought that it was really good.