Enroute to a rescue

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Unomike2, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Unomike2

Gold Member

A former female Co-driver of mine called me a bit ago. She asked me to come get her. The current Co-driver she drives with has made sexual advances towards her the past few days. And today he physically assaulted her by grabbing her arm and deliberately brushed his hand on her side boob. Now after repeated warnings and a visit from her truck driving son ( who stands 6'5") to warn him, He hadn't listened. Just a few mins ago, she texted me saying the man just masturbated in his bunk below hers. So I got a load heading from MI to IN. From there heading to TN to get her by Monday.
    One thing I can't stand is someone who is is a sexual criminal.
    So wish me luck and pray for my former Co-driver's safety.
    I'll keep you guys updated.

CLE32793 likes this.
  2. Mikey22

Gold Member

I think she should bail out, of the truck. And find a safe place to stay. Call and report him to the company. He won't be working there long. Most places don't put up with that kind of crap.

sensless, CLE32793 and Unomike2 like this.
  3. Unomike2

Gold Member

She is getting out. He'll be reported

lkg4f, CLE32793, Dubber and 2 others like this.
  4. Mikey22

Gold Member

That's good

5. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

That's dreadful!

Mikey22 and Unomike2 like this.
  6. Unomike2

Gold Member

Things are semi fluid here. Plan changed several time since I posted this. Now heading to Waddy, KY. I'll sit and hold off there for a few hours. In Evansville, IN right now.

Been driving 28 hrs straight. But just got up from a 6 hour sleep. Pushing on.

Mikey22 and Sweetlysad like this.
  7. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

Yikes! Drive safe.

8. Unomike2

Gold Member

In Waddy now. Just arrived. I'm ,270 miles away from her. Going to rest up and cruise SF for awhile. Hopefully I'll stay awake. A leg massage would feel good right about now.

Sweetlysad likes this.
  9. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

Well I am glad she had a friend she could trust to come help her, but you take care of yourself too.
    I could rub something for you ;)

10. Unomike2

Gold Member

I wish you could.:D

11. Mikey22

Gold Member

Just curious How are you getting away with driving 28 hrs. We got computers in our trucks. No way we can get away with it.

sensless likes this.
  12. Unomike2

Gold Member

I'm not under DOT rules in regards to that. I generally run a Max of 15 hrs. I don't use a Qualcom system. I'm in the Expidite side of Trucking so sometimes the freight can be critical such as medical or DoD. Generally I'm not at liberty to say what I've got onboard due to the nature of my cargo. This last run was critical.

Mikey22 likes this.
  13. Mikey22

Gold Member

Lucky you, That your not under DOT rules, They really suck. When your driving, And it says your in violation. It sends a report to your boss, And to the DOT, Then Boss writes you up. How is your friend? Did she find a safe place to go?

14. Unomike2

Gold Member

Her son, who happens to be a trucker too was in the area and he is trying to deal with guy. The son has confronted the guy three times so far after he has continued to touch her and do things perverted. She wants to get a load going to her home state and jump after they make the drop. It can happen but I doubt it will without something happening to her again. I have a feeling she could get raped once her son is no longer able to deal with the guy. I suspect if anything happens, it will be under a load and enroute to the drop.
    Personally, I rather just go and get her now and let corporate and the feds deal with him. I don't want her hurt or violated.

Even though she has my aluminium flashlight bat and a stungun, that is no guarantee she'll remain safe.

Mikey22 likes this.
  15. Mikey22

Gold Member

Oh Shit! She needs to go ahead and jump, How much longer is it to her drop?

16. Unomike2

Gold Member

They are not under a load. Just sitting for the weekend when all this started coming up to a head.
    I want to go ahead a get her. I put myself out of service just for this reason but she wants to try and endure him til she gets into her home state. Its aggravating to say the least. I don't think she completely understands that they may not get a load going that way quickly. And if she jumps while under a load, it can go against her if it is not done correctly and approved by corporate.
    From where she is at right now , freight can go four corners of the country and not even hit her Midwest home state.

17. Mikey22

Gold Member

Oh that sucks! I'm so thankful I have set runs. I'm home usually 2 times a week, And most of the weekends. There are a lot of dangerous people out there. If she could get away from him long enough to call corperate, I bet they would understand the situation, And not hold it against her.

18. Unomike2

Gold Member

It is possible they wouldn't hold it against her but you know how corporate can be.... No common sense.
    Personally, I want her to jump now where she is at and let me take her to corporate to file complaints. But at this point, she needs to go ahead and contact corporate and bring them up to date and she has the Unomike2 option on standby.

Mikey22 and CLE32793 like this.
  19. Mikey22

Gold Member

Let us know how it turns out

20. Unomike2

Gold Member

I will. Just talked to her. She had a quiet night. Mr pervert left her alone so far. She will try to jump if she can get into IN or OH.

Mikey22 likes this.