Empty nest stories wanted

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by whybother, May 13, 2015.

1. whybother

Gold Member

School year is over. We have a high School graduation to celebrate and a summer to enjoy and then come August, both sons will go to college and it will be just the two of us for the first time in 20 years. I'm looking for advice wherever I can get it, but I'm especially interested on this site about the impact on sexual life.

Redline1 likes this.
  2. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Well, the guys will be out of the house til Thanksgiving, so let's hope the increased opportunities will increase the amount of fun.

xx

whybother likes this.
  3. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I don't think you should just think she will want sex 24-7 now.

I think you should work at being husband and wife, reconnect as lovers and sex will hopefully follow.

#3 HotForHoney, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
  4. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Like H4H says, take the time to be spouses, friends, rediscover togetherness alone, don't just talk about your kids because you are proud of them, miss them like it's the focus. You and her are the point of focus to strengthen the relationship.
    But not to the detriment of your sons LOL
    Let the sex follow naturally, no use forcing it. Your chance to try things you never had the chance to try now,
    play silly games, go around naked, whatever you feel like.

Redline1 likes this.
  5. Redline1

Gold Member

oh wow just go have fun!!! Go on dinner dates, lunch dates, movie dates!!! The possibilities are endless..... Most of all go have fun with each other..... By the way congratulations!!!!

6. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Off base for a min...Redline..Where on earth did you find that crazy guy on that avatar....Gives me the creeps lol!!

7. Candela

Verified Gold Member

One thing for sure, The house will be quiet! , You will look in their rooms and remember all the growing up times ,I would think you and your wife will go thru a mourning period of the guys leaving home ,Ive never had kids but I know what my mom went thru. As for reconnecting with your wife ,I think it will be lots of fun ,Maybe doing some things you did before when y'all just met .Congrats on raising 2 boys and getting them to college..This wasn't a easy feat and I wish you and your wife nothing but happiness xx

8. makemeanoffer

makemeanoffer Member

We were empty nesters by the time we were 45, both kids moved out to college and beyond, we were sad for about as long as it took his car to get to the end of the driveway. We love our children and have great relationships with them, but everyone enjoys their independence. We got used to being nude in any room, impromptu sex in the den while watching a sexy movie.

Enjoy it.

ply and Amature like this.
  9. Redline1

Gold Member

Lol @Candela it's a pic of the Asian guy from The Hangover movies!! The quote that you can't see on the pic says "happy Friday mudafaka's"

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

Our son graduated this past weekend, heading for Mizzou, daughter has two years left, but we take a week every year and travel without them. Love them but looking forward to an empty nest.

11. whybother

Gold Member

Your son decided on D2 instead of a D1 program?

12. backcheck64

Gold Member

Mizzou is NCIA so he won't play at all. U of Minn has both and he would have started on the D2. They wanted to split the scholarship between hockey and academics but as you know, blow a knee and your sports scholarship is gone. Mizzou was full ride, 4 yr, covers EVERYTHING all on academics. Since that's the safest route, he's going to concentrate on engineering and coach the youth goalies and play drop in and the mens league. Realistically only 1/2 of 1% make the pros, that and a lot of luck. He'd rather go for the certain money than flounder in the minors hoping for a shot at the pros.

whybother likes this.
  13. whybother

Gold Member

And D1 is filled with lots of Canadians entering college at 20, 21 even 22 years old that the competition is brutal. Congrats on the full ride! That's a small percentage itself that score the big scholarships. Tried to get my son interested in some of the state flagships where he might have had a chance but he gravitated towards big names.

14. HeartsDesire

Gold Member

My daughter is starting her Sr year of college this year. She comes home most weekends and holidays. But now she lives with her boyfriend so they come together on the weekends and IM sure they will still come for the holidays but prob go back home afterwards.
    Its a big adjustment to me . Im use to her being here so I miss her like crazy.

15. whybother

Gold Member

Hope she's there today for your BDay

16. HeartsDesire

Gold Member

Her and her boyfriend will be here tomorrow and spend the night. I saw yesterday and we went shopping.

whybother likes this.
  17. backcheck64

Gold Member

Not just Canadians, lots of Europeans too. He knows the likelihood of turning pro is 1/2 of 1% so he went the academic route. My daughter is doing the same, while she's a very good hockey goalie and an excellent cellist, she want's to major in astrophysics. She is looking at Brown, Tuffs, and if she stays closer to home, Washington U.

18. whybother

Gold Member

Great schools! Any chance that continuing with hockey could be a hook to get into Brown. Those schools can be as tough as getting into the pros. Sports can be a great hook.

19. backcheck64

Gold Member

I hate it, but she's quit playing hockey, she was on a boys team and took hell from them, even though she was a very good goalie. She'll go on academics, my son hit 34 of a possible 36 on the ACT, she has to beat him on every class they both have taken and she won't rest until she gets a 35 or even 36. Plus they think all of us in the Midwest are dirt farmers so they make concessions to admissions for Midwest students. She wants to play intermural hockey wherever she goes and continue her cello playing. She's currently in the high school Symphonic orchestra with is the elite bunch and the city symphony as well as a quartet she's in. If anything, her cello playing will help. She's currently ranked 12th out of 600 in her class, though she stated "those bitches are going down".

whybother likes this.
  20. whybother

Gold Member

I like her fight. You are right about the geography. All the top schools value diversity. My son was wait listed at Duke with a 35 because three guys from his school (with lower grades ) were admitted early decision. I think it ended up for the best as he is headed for Vanderbilt and I think it's a much better atmosphere.