Electronic cigarettes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by johnnyangel694u, Mar 19, 2015.

1. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Does anyone use electronic cigarettes? I am curious on how they work for you and how do you use them. Do you just take a drag every so often or do you smoke it for a couple minutes like you do a cigarette? I just got one that uses the liquid. I like it so far.

2. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

I quit smoking this time last year. I started with the 21st Century Smoke that you can get at many gas stations and drug stores. It was a good first device, as much like an analog. They worked well, but the cartomizers didn't last very long, so proved to be expensive. I learned you could open and refill the carts to get a bit more mileage. That proved to be a big pain and they just burned out after 2-3 refills.
    21st.jpg

I ended up switching to the Ego-T type batteries and use iTaste iClear 16 tanks. The cheaper ce4 tanks work with these as well, but I don't care for them. The iClear 16 is easily rebuild-able. The ce-4's aren't, don't vape as well and can be leak prone,
    ego-t.jpg

I won't claim a perfect quit as I have had a hand full of real ones over the last year, but not much. I don't use the vape anywhere near as much as I used to smoke. I think it's more of a security blanket type deal now. I don't vape at work any more at all and even on weekends it's manly a morning coffee thing and in the evening. I feel a lot better not smoking cigs.

xx

3. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

When I made one of my numerous attempts to quit I tried a few different brands of electronic cigarettes (blu, V2, and NJOY).

They ended up going much they way of the patches and the gum and Chantix - didn't work and had unpleasant side effects; so discarded. For me they did nothing to take The Edge off and actually had me coughing more than "traditional" cigarettes. I might be an exception to the rule... I don't know.

I encourage you to work on quitting smoking - whether you do it the brutal route of "cold turkey" or with a "cessation aid." You'll notice a world of difference - most of it positive. I'm not going to pretend like it's easy or say, "Well just quit then - duh!" I know firsthand how incredibly hard it is. My friends and I would make jokes about having the choice to give up sex or give up cigarettes - and that we'd choose to give up sex because it'd be easier. (Glad that wasn't the actual choice I was facing!)

Unfortunately all of us who have gone through with this are now Quitters (and no longer get to hang out with the Cool Kids behind the gym at lunch). :p

Also, just noticed those ones I tried out all look like brands/types of sex toys for women. :eek:

4. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I got the Ego-T. Experimenting with different ways to use it. I am weak as far as quitting smoking.

5. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

The eGo-T is the way to go, but spend the extra for a good tank. the ce4 tanks aren't that great. Get an iTaste iClear 16.

xx