Electrical Stimulation Treatments

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbwire, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

As some of you might recall, not too long ago I made this post...

"Well, as for me, if I have a big orgasm right before I am penetrated with a penis, then the first few strokes feel really good, and they prolong the orgasm. BUT...just a penis inside of me, without the orgasm beforehand, does nothing for me.

Before I had my son, I had really good muscle control, and I was working on getting myself to come by squeezing a man's cock inside of me so that my g-spot had more pressure applied to it. I was determined to be "normal" and cum just from a cock.

Well, during childbirth, I had a lot of damage. Long story short, no matter how many kegels I did, I got no benefit. I just went to the urologist and found I have extensive nerve damage and muscle atrophy. According to my doctor, my pelvic floor muscles are similar to that of a person who is paralyzed. The nerves aren't telling the muscles to retract like they should. (pardon me, if my medical jargon is off) The "cure" is biofeedback and electrical stimulation.
    I have yet to start treatment, I'm a bit shy to go for it.

Enter the Hitachi Magic Wand....

Through using the Wand, I have discovered, that if I use the Gee WHiz attachment and put it inside of me, I can get so aroused that I feel my vaginal walls clamping down HARD on the Wand. I am not coming, just very aroused, but I can feel I am tight. It's like I'm giving the want a firm hand shake and I'm not letting go for about 5 minutes.

I think that the vibrations of the Wand are having positive effects on my nerve and muscle damage. I've only had it for a month or so, but I can tell it's making a difference. I will try to keep folks updated on my findings and progress."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made that post on February 28th. This is what has been going on since then...

I continued to use the Wand quite a bit, but did not notice a marked difference in my vaginal tightness, so, after much hemming and hawing, I made an appointment to have biofeedback/electrical stimulation treatments.

My first appointment was last month, and the course of treatment that the doctor decided upon was for me to go in once a week for e-stim and to take home a probe to practice kegels with every day for 5 minutes, I was to do this twice a day.

I had one e-stim treatment, and while it felt a bit odd, it wasn't uncomfortable. For those of you not familiar with this procedure, it involves a probe being placed in the vagina, then electrical current is applied which makes the muscles involuntarily contract. The stimulation lasts for 5 seconds, then there is a 10 second break, then 5 more seconds of e-stim, then a 10 second break, and so on for 15 minutes at a time. Ideally, these treatments are done once a week and build up to 30 minute sessions.

So, I had my first treatment, and was sent home with a probe to insert into myself at home to practice with. The probe they gave me is made of plastic and had a balloon at the end, and has a air hose attached to it. It came with a syringe with which to inflate the balloon to keep the probe in place; it also acts as a cushion and gives you something you can feel to push against.

I will admit to be a very bad patient, and only using the take home probe a couple of times in the last month. I also blew off my appointments to have more e-stim treatments. I guess I'm still a bit squeamish when it comes to having strangers looking at my genitalia. In any case, it was not until this past Wednesday that I went for another e-stim. treatment.

When the doctor asked me if I had been doing my exercises, I felt like a fool, so I lied and said I was. (I know, I'm bad) She then put the probe into me and asked me to squeeze. The strength of the squeeze was measured and showed up on a monitor. The doctor noted I was still not very strong, so she decided to crank up the amps on the probe when she started treatment. She told me the setting, but I am not good with numbers, so I don't recall the volts that went into that first shock, but MAN, I felt it! She asked me if I was OK and I said, yes, so she cranked it up a notch and zapped me again. It was such an odd feeling to feel my vagina clamp down so hard on the probe, not sexual in any way, just odd.

During the course of the 15 minute session, the doctor kept cranking it up until I got to the 35% range of power. Let me tell you, it was intense! It didn't hurt, it was just bizarre feeling my body doing something that I was not telling it to do. Anyways, after my treatment I went home and lay on the bed, put a finger into myself and clamped down. I could feel a huge difference. I have been pretty good about doing my exercises since then as I know they are working now.

I will have to go for weekly e-stim treatments for a few months, but I am overjoyed at the progress thus far. I feel very motivated now to continue my daily exercises and look forward to the day when I can once again grab ahold of a penis and give it a firm hand shake. ;)

This thread was very hard for me to make, considering recent comments made about vaginal tightness, but I figure if it helps a woman that is having similiar issues, then it's worth the embarrassment.

#1 Barbwire, Jun 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  2. angel_n_sneye

angel_n_sneye Member

Don't be embarrassed! All I can say is WOW! I did not know such a treatment existed. I found myself glued to your post ... keep the board updated as I as I am sure, many others are interested in your progress.

Later ~~~ Angel ~~~

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thanks for that, Angel, I appreciate it. :)

4. Bluesy

Gold Member

I had no idea that such a thing was possible, either. It sounds like you've made a lot of progress in a short time :) I hope things continue to improve for you!

5. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Good luck girl, keep us updated

6. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Interesting post, CL, and nothing to be embarrassed about.

7. us_desertwolf

us_desertwolf New Member

Dont be embarrased! Think about it this way, you just taught a guy about things that can happen to women and what they do to help the problem. (I feel bad calling it a problem). To be totaly honest, i never knew about this before, so I thank you for teaching me!

8. SWEEETEEZ

SWEEETEEZ New Member

thanks for sharing your story I know this was important to you as is to all women maybe someone will know what to do if this is happening to them I do my kegals in car

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

UPDATE: Well, I went for my e-stim treatment today. (from here on in, they will be once a week.) I have been doing kegels twice daily since my last visit, and there has been no noticable improvment, beyond the first few days after I had my last treatment. I am a bit disappointed, but the doctor said it could take a couple of months before I notice a change. (sigh)

10. cyber_wryter

cyber_wryter New Member

Hang in there CL. You are quite the woman to be not only recognize the situation and want to remedy it, but then to share your results as well. I hope your treatments are successful for your sake as well as the man you are doing this for.

11. peta pumkin

peta pumkin New Member

Cowboy Lover, For heavens sake why continue to torture yourself? Is your clitoris numb also, Is your mouth numb as well? What is your fixation with vaginal sex? Get some advice on how to commence anal penetration. You as well as hubby will enjoy it. I know it doesn't appeal to everybody, it requires a great deal of mutual patience and don't forget the three golden rules: 1) lubrication, 2) lubrication 3) more lubrication.

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Well, let me spill my guts a bit more, then...

When I lift heavy things, I leak. When I cough, I leak. When I sneeze, you guessed it. Fixation with vaginal sex? NO! Wanting to gain muscular control before I need to start wearing adult diapers? YES!

13. peta pumkin

peta pumkin New Member

Cowboy lover, Sorry I did not get the right handle on your problem. I,m not there yet so did not appreciate that you were not trying to improve your sexual pleasure. Apologies!

14. Barbwire

Gold Member

No need to aplogize. I AM trying to increase my and my husband's sexual pleasure as well as tone my pelvic floor muscles for other reasons not pertaining to sex.

This thread, while very difficult for me to continue to reply to, is something I feel I must do. I don't think women want to talk about this issue, but I think it is something that needs to be openly discussed and not hidden.

My doctor said that she wished more younger women would be proactive in treating pelvic floor muscle issues, instead of waiting until they are older and the problem is harder to fix.

There is a great shame factor here, no woman wants to admit she may not be as tight as she used to be, or that she may leak a bit at times. I am not trying to get women to come here to confess, I just want them to read this and know they can get help and they SHOULD get help if they are dealing with this.

15. DarkDeciever

DarkDeciever New Member

good luck with it, nothing to be embarresed about

16. Barbwire

Gold Member

Just a quick update for those following my saga...

I had a treatment this afternoon and something went wrong. I put the metal probe into my vagina, but it wasn't far enough up into the canal, which caused arcing to the skin on the outside of my vaginal opening. When the doctor turned on the machine to send electrical impulses into me, she turned it up on 25%. (where is was the last time) I got a mild electrical jolt and told her it didn't feel right so she turned it UP. I got a huge jolt to my vagina and I pulled the probe out with a yank. It was horrible, and I was afraid to have her restart the treatment.

After a few minutes of trying to calm down, I had her re-insert the probe as deeply as she could and had her hold it while I got the treatment. It took me a long time to relax, but the rest of the session went on without incident.

It's kind of funny, I was PMing with someone right before I left for my appointment. My last PM said something like, "Now, if you will excuse me, I'm off to get my pussy zapped." I had no idea that is what would actually happen! :eek

17. TheShed

TheShed New Member

Ouch. I've been electrocuted a couple of times on the hands and it hurts. Can't ever imagine having my cock electrocuted. Brave girl.

18. Dreama

Gold Member

You're such a brave and empowered lady.Continue treatments, and continue to empower yourself.

19. Bodybuilder5150

Bodybuilder5150 New Member

The use of electrical impulse treatment for muscle rehab has been pretty well documented in medical literature. All muscles are innervated by the nervous system to make up what's known as a motor unit. The nervous system normally fires off very low but frequent signals to the motor units. This "resting" state of contraction is called tonus(which is where we get the term "toned" from). It's how we maintain posture in our bodies without having to conciously flex every muscle in our body all the time. Sometimes the motor units are weakly innervated or in your case damaged. The use of low frequency stimulation basically reprograms the nervous system in the localized area to maintain tonus in the muscle.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you'll probably see good results and I wish you the best of luck.

20. HardRocker

Gold Member

I've had electrical stimulation to rehab a shoulder and after a quick initial improvement, progress was slow but steady. I did, however, do my at-home exercises at the prescribed frequency and duration, and eventually regained full muscle tone.

Didn't do a thing for my pussy though.

An afterthought; if she set your voltage based on your claim that you had not skipped your exercises, it would have then been more than you should have actually gotten, and could have potentially caused unnecessary muscle soreness, and possibly set you back a bit. Sounds like you're past that though. Anyway, what I'm getting at is, it works well if you hang in there and stay with the program.
    Good luck and I hope you turn his dick purple. Then tell him he's just too big.